CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

09 CLS with user recognition smart key

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes cls550
09 CLS with user recognition smart key

does anyone know what smart key user recognition is. my 09 cls550 brochure says it has this feature but i cant find it in the owners manual on how to activate this feature.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
This function probably means that when you use your key, and set the seat position, mirrors etc while using that key, then the system will set the vehicle to your settings everytime you use that key.

I just bought a 2008 infiniti G35 sedan that has that feature. Its cool, because when my wife and I use the car we won't need to re position all the seats and stuff.

Don't need that feature in my 2006 CLS, since my wife is afraid to drive it.

Last edited by khelawanb; 11-28-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Does it personalize radio station presets? Even if she doesn't drive, she may like to listent to own music.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 CLS500 with 55 AMG motor, 2008 Infiniti G35, 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager
Don't know. But I think he has all the answers in that handy 2009 owner manual

Originally Posted by Dema
Does it personalize radio station presets? Even if she doesn't drive, she may like to listent to own music.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:04 AM

mercedes cls550
i have gone through the owners manual but i cant find info on user recognition function. and i did try using both keys and the seats memory feature does not recognize the keys. upgrading from 2006 3 series sedan this car is a huge disappointment .here is the list
CLS 06 330i
1.steering wheel audio button only skips track but dosent seek.
2.if the volume is high specially rap music,the doors vibrate and rear parcel shelf rattles.
3.auto dimmer mirror only on drivers side not on passenger side.
4.no power lumbar support . even 1 series bmw has 4 way power lumbar.
5.no power folding mirrors.
6.AC does not have a rest feature which lets the cold air until 20 mins after the engine off. canadian CLS has this feature though.
7.no pass through trunk from rear seats. canadian models have it though.
8. no hd radio.
9.no real time traffic info on navi.
10.canadian models get rear heated seats and stearing wheel but not US.even though east coast weather is just as cold as canada.
all the above features except rear heating seats were in my bmw 3. which is just a entry level luxury car for 41k. this is a upscale 82k car with all these features missing.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in your Mom's car
Originally Posted by saala
i have gone through the owners manual but i cant find info on user recognition function. and i did try using both keys and the seats memory feature does not recognize the keys. upgrading from 2006 3 series sedan this car is a huge disappointment .here is the list
CLS 06 330i
1.steering wheel audio button only skips track but dosent seek.
2.if the volume is high specially rap music,the doors vibrate and rear parcel shelf rattles.
3.auto dimmer mirror only on drivers side not on passenger side.
4.no power lumbar support . even 1 series bmw has 4 way power lumbar.
5.no power folding mirrors.
6.AC does not have a rest feature which lets the cold air until 20 mins after the engine off. canadian CLS has this feature though.
7.no pass through trunk from rear seats. canadian models have it though.
8. no hd radio.
9.no real time traffic info on navi.
10.canadian models get rear heated seats and stearing wheel but not US.even though east coast weather is just as cold as canada.
all the above features except rear heating seats were in my bmw 3. which is just a entry level luxury car for 41k. this is a upscale 82k car with all these features missing.
Go trade it in and buy one in Canada then. Quit crying.

It's not like they hid that stuff from you before you bought it. Go back to your BMW 3 series then.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:44 AM

mercedes cls550
[QUOTE=Inf4life;3196114]Go trade it in and buy one in Canada then. Quit crying.

It's not like they hid that stuff from you before you bought it. Go back to your BMW 3 series then.[/QUO

in a way they hide because i never thought paying twice than a 3 will be lacking these common features.by the way i upgraded not downgraded.u just cant take it i guess. its not that i dont like mercedes but after having it for couple of months,i think BMW gives much more features than a MB. specially how can MB think of having a manual plastic knob for lumbar support vs BMW gives 4way power lumbar in all their cars with power seats. and the non auto dimmer passenger side is also very annoying in dark. and they call it a 510 watts harman kardon in cls.go listen to a 3 series audio and u will know what harman kardon is all about. i just thought of giving MB a try since its the closest rival to BMW.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:46 AM

mercedes cls550
they call it mercedes as luxury and bmw as sport.but after all these features missing i dont think the luxury crown belongs to MB.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
saala, I agree MBUSA did strip some of the good features from the USA cars. I would have really liked REST and power folding rear mirrors. I came from a Lexus which had all those features (not rest though) and still like the MB more. Why? The 550 V8 is awesome, the car looks incredible (better than a 3 series) and it is very tight. My drivers door panel rattles a little but I don't get rattles from playing music. You should get that checked out.

The feature I think the CLS should have is a rear view camera. The visibility is horrible, parktronic helps minimally.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:13 AM

mercedes cls550
Originally Posted by Kar don
saala, I agree MBUSA did strip some of the good features from the USA cars. I would have really liked REST and power folding rear mirrors. I came from a Lexus which had all those features (not rest though) and still like the MB more. Why? The 550 V8 is awesome, the car looks incredible (better than a 3 series) and it is very tight. My drivers door panel rattles a little but I don't get rattles from playing music. You should get that checked out.

The feature I think the CLS should have is a rear view camera. The visibility is horrible, parktronic helps minimally.
I agree.
there are so many things in the manual which the car does not have.but MB is very smart by saying they reserve the right to change features and some features may not be on the vehicle purchased.HAHA. i think USA is a very profitable market for them so they are using their name and saving cost big time. in other countries its not that big of a market so their cars are loaded with all the goodies.but todays consumer is well aware of the competition so it will be tuff for MB on the long run if they keep doing this. i fell like i am getting less car for twice the money i paid.
no power lumbar.
2.rest feature.
3.trunk pass through.
audio sucks.
no auto tilt and auto dimmer passenger mirroe.
no real time traffic info. 3 series has even google maps
and the list goes on and on.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
focus on the positives and enjoy the car. Overall it is a much better pkg than the 3 series in my opinion.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:42 AM

in your Mom's car
[QUOTE=saala;3196708]
Originally Posted by Inf4life

It's not like they hid that stuff from you before you bought it. Go back to your BMW 3 series then.[/QUO

in a way they hide because i never thought paying twice than a 3 will be lacking these common features.by the way i upgraded not downgraded.u just cant take it i guess. its not that i dont like mercedes but after having it for couple of months,i think BMW gives much more features than a MB. specially how can MB think of having a manual plastic knob for lumbar support vs BMW gives 4way power lumbar in all their cars with power seats. and the non auto dimmer passenger side is also very annoying in dark. and they call it a 510 watts harman kardon in cls.go listen to a 3 series audio and u will know what harman kardon is all about. i just thought of giving MB a try since its the closest rival to BMW.
So let me get this straight. You must've bought the car without looking at it, test driving it or anything right? Because how else would you spend 82k on a car and not ask about these features? Then if you asked about them and found out they didn't have them you still bought the car. Doesn't make sense to me.

I have no clue what you are talking about with the plastic knob for the lumbar. I have power lumbar buttons for mine and it's a 06. How about you take a picture and post this "manual plastic knob".

Honestly it sounds like you are a BMW fanboy over here trolling the MB boards bashing. Like I said before, if you don't like the CLS then get rid of it and buy you a new 3 series that are a dime a dozen anywhere you go.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:18 AM

mercedes cls550
[QUOTE=Inf4life;3197168]

So let me get this straight. You must've bought the car without looking at it, test driving it or anything right? Because how else would you spend 82k on a car and not ask about these features? Then if you asked about them and found out they didn't have them you still bought the car. Doesn't make sense to me.

I have no clue what you are talking about with the plastic knob for the lumbar. I have power lumbar buttons for mine and it's a 06. How about you take a picture and post this "manual plastic knob".

Honestly it sounds like you are a BMW fanboy over here trolling the MB boards bashing. Like I said before, if you don't like the CLS then get rid of it and buy you a new 3 series that are a dime a dozen anywhere you go.
it was my bad that i did not deeply researched.but do u think being a 82k MB car i should even think that this car wont have this features.and the other car i had being half the price?
don't get me wrong but looks like u are a die hard MB fan.even if mercedes CLS had cloth seats,u would had an answer for that. u do know for a fact that all the features i mentioned earlier belong more to MB than to BMW or any other car.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:49 PM

2007 CLS550, 2008 BMW 335, 2007 Harley Davidson Fat Boy
I love my CLS but I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with the features in comparing it with my wife's Lexus. Mine is an 07 and lacked bluetooth (without adding the puck), Voice Command that controls navigation, decent ipod integration, etc. I bought it because I love the style and performance and I rarely use most of the features anyway. The audio remains a bit of a sore point.

Of course, even my wife couldn't deny the power of the CLS so she upgraded to a BMW 335i. Once again, I'm jealous of the features her car has but not the style or performance. BMWs are a dime a dozen around here and the (non-adjustable) ride is harsh.

Based on what I've read the 09 CLS is catching up with features though.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:36 AM

CLS 350 AMG Sports Edition
MB CLS = BMW 6 series not 3 series or even 5 series
CLS = Daddy's car
3 series = daughter or son's car

Daddy not need so update to use all the techy things... all is bout style & status...
Japanese car even got more update and nice techy things...

Old 12-06-2008, 01:40 AM

mercedes cls550
ok so u think 3 is a kids car.FINE
BMW gives all these features from 1 to 7 series.
and i dont think 6 and 5 are kids cars. and dady's also need these power lumbar, user recognition,and passenger side auto dimmer.some other techs.
simply MB saves cost more than it should because their name is so big that ppl think it has the most luxury.and i am saying this after having 3 series for 3 yrs and also i have been in other bimmers. i just thought of giving MB a try.

Last edited by saala; 12-06-2008 at 01:42 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Unfortunately even power lumbar can’t make a car Mercedes. My Audi has power lumbar, but no Mercedes feel.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:04 AM

mercedes cls550
Originally Posted by Dema
Unfortunately even power lumbar can’t make a car Mercedes. My Audi has power lumbar, but no Mercedes feel.
i understand. MB is a very good car.CLS interior is the best. hardly any plastic. ride quality is also very good. but lacking those features specially when everyone else has it is a bit of a disappointment. and not that MB dosn't have the features,most of them are not available to US customers.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:51 PM

CLS 350 AMG Sports Edition
i understand. MB is a very good car.CLS interior is the best. hardly any plastic. ride quality is also very good. but lacking those features specially when everyone else has it is a bit of a disappointment. and not that MB dosn't have the features,most of them are not available to US customers.
AGREED with that... same here in Malaysia too... Local dealer just to offer plain MB and no optional item available for customise... an E-class(W211) with MB20 audio... pity huh... but the sales still very good...

here also got alot of grey importer bring in the Japanese model with more features... warranty with plain car or full features with no warranty...

try to find a way to enjoy your MB like everybody here...
Old 12-22-2008, 10:50 PM

08 CLS550 Diamond White 09upgrades
agree

Agree w/ Saala...

I'm looking at the leftover 08 Diamond White "special" edition... they deducted the head lamp washer, parktronic and didn't even put in premium leather for a Special Edition car running at 82k MSRP I would expect to have nice leather especially when they put on special pearly paints on the exterior.

Anyway the car is a great car regardless but to agree with Saala it "Shouldn't" be this way for the CLS model.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:42 AM

08 CLS550 Diamond White 09upgrades
correction

Originally Posted by mbz4810
Agree w/ Saala...

I'm looking at the leftover 08 Diamond White "special" edition... they deducted the head lamp washer, parktronic and didn't even put in premium leather for a Special Edition car running at 82k MSRP I would expect to have nice leather especially when they put on special pearly paints on the exterior.

Anyway the car is a great car regardless but to agree with Saala it "Shouldn't" be this way for the CLS model.
CORRECTION: Head lamp washer is there but the button is not there it's "automatic" now based on how many times you used your winshield washer fluid spray (5x is the charm)

HAS anyone installed a rear view backup camera on their CLS YET? i don't have parktronic and can't see anything.

PS the right side view mirror "reverse & tilt" feature is in the manual but was "deleted" based on a MBUSA case manager... whyyyy?? and how do i get it via Star diagnostic?? ANYONE????
Old 01-23-2009, 04:16 PM

S500 2000 , Corvette C6 2005, CLS 500 2006, BMW 328i Sport, E-Sport 2007, SL 500 AMG 2003
Originally Posted by Inf4life

It's not like they hid that stuff from you before you bought it. Go back to your BMW 3 series then.
Heck yeah! And dont forget all those nice hours you spent driving a loaner when your 3 was at the shop!