CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Looking to get a CLS550 soon and have a few questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 335xi Coupe
Looking to get a CLS550 soon and have a few questions.

Hi guys. New to the forum and just wanted to get some input from other MB CLS owners out there. I'm planning on making the switch from a BMW 335xi coupe to a CLS soon. I've always liked the CLS design, and I need the extra passenger space. I've been looking at lease rates and doing some research for a few weeks and it seems that they're all around 1050 or so for a 36mo term lease on a CLS550 with some decent options. I was wondering if anyone that recently picked one of these up was able to go any lower? I'm still debating between getting this or a well equipped BMW 550. Granted I haven't thought about haggling yet, and given the current state of the economy, my fellow colleagues who own MB's have been telling me their dealers are practically giving away new Mercs whenever they go in for service. Just wanted some opinions from you guys. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Go online and look at the lease deals on the CLS550. They are very low and I am not sure how long thay last. It is month-end so perhaps they may extend to March. Good luck.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:24 PM

CLS 550
You can also find some good deals on leasetrader.com where you assume a lease. I don't think I'll ever buy again...just assume leases. I get the car I want, no down payment, low lease rate, and normally a short term. I go through cars fast so it's awesome for people like me.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:08 PM

Merc CLS500 & BMW X3
As far as the two cars go--I think the interior quality of the CLS is far beyond that of a 5 series Bimmer. Steering is lighter in the CLS and ride is a bit softer (but is adjustable). If pure handling is the ONLY thing you care about--get the BMW; otherwise go for the CLS..I say this having owned 7 BMW's over the years.