CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Did anybody install EBC redstuff brake pads on there CLS, if so are you having probs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did anybody install EBC redstuff brake pads on there CLS, if so are you having probs?

Hey guys monday I got my brake pads changed by the local mercedes dealer. After some debate between porterfields and ebc red stuff I got the ebc red stuff brake pads. So as soon as I got my car it was squealing and roaring whenever I hit the brakes...Real loud..I understand that it takes time for pads to adjust..So from that point on I start braking like a maniac to break them in. So I been doing that for the past week and they are still squealing like crazy when I brake. Did anyone else have this problem and how long did it take before squealing went away(miles, days, etc.)
Old 09-28-2009, 11:58 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 E550 Cab & 2011 GL 550 & 09 VROD Muscle & 06 Seadoo Speedster LE .......
I have EBC Red stuff on my Accord on 20s they r good pads but will always make noise ... thats why for mercedes a lot of people choose porterfield.....less dust less squeaking.....EBC is good but the noise cant do anything..GET a BBK Brembo will look nice with ur wheels...
Old 09-28-2009, 04:16 PM

From what I read and researched in these forums..the consesus was that ebc red stuff and porterfield pads where both great. Less dust and no squeal. I'm familiar with some cars that squeal all the time..but those are faint. The noise I'm getting is annoying louder. I was wondering if the mb technicians maybe put it in wrong. But I wanted to see if folks who have put those pads saw familiar issues before asking the mb techs(I got a feeling they are gonna just tell me all aftermarket pads do that and sell me the OEM ones). and oh yeah, i love those big brake kits, good suggestion .

Originally Posted by UDWANIT2
I have EBC Red stuff on my Accord on 20s they r good pads but will always make noise ... thats why for mercedes a lot of people choose porterfield.....less dust less squeaking.....EBC is good but the noise cant do anything..GET a BBK Brembo will look nice with ur wheels...
Old 09-28-2009, 04:48 PM

2003 CL55
I think i read a thread on here mentioning how the Redstuff doesnt work well with MB calipers. Let me find it.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:40 PM

cls 55 amg 2006
MY MECHANIC MENTION POSI BRAKE PADS AND PRO STOP
Old 09-10-2013, 05:38 PM

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2007 cls550
A. Did they change the rotors?
B. If not, you have deposits from original pads on rotors. Easy to fix IF you can get access to the entire rotor surface - both sides - with a little 3m sanding disc attached to drill. The little green one are great.

Remove tire, front rotor surface is accessible of course. What about the back? Is the dust shield and caliper covering it? If yes, only removing the caliper bracket bolts and pulling the caliper assembly aside will give access.

Once available....lightly scuff rotors with disc. Just go around and do them all front and back. Google break in instructions such as 0-30 brake, 0-60 brake...stuff like that. I can't recall them now.

My neighbor with a M5 just put on Reds and did this with his rotors. Squeak free from day 1.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
I had them on my E. I hated them!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:49 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
W212 E250 BT 4M
Donno about Red Stuff
But i had EBC Green stuff on my ML and loved them,very low dust and dead quiet .