CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Mercedes Dealer Has Ruined My Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 320 CDi
Mercedes Dealer Has Ruined My Car

My Mercedes CLS 320 cdi has always been serviced by a Mercedes Dealership in Barry Wales and it has Never had a Problem. As we Moved House 11 months ago I had to change to TAUNTON MERCEDES when my car required a service. On The Dashboard the car stated that it required a service A which is just an Oil Change, ( Well it was when my original Dealer Serviced it ) So I Took my car along to TAUNTON MERCEDES to have it booked on and was told that it needed a major service. I didnt agree and showed them that on its last service it had had Air Filters, Pollen Filters, Fuel Filters,Oil Filters & Oil, New Glow Plugs and So on.

They still insisted that it required a major service and given that the next dealer was quite a way from me I caved in and said ok.

It has been less than 500 miles Since my car has been serviced and it has broken down on me three times, on all occasions the car could not find a gear and just hunted up & down the gear box.

The car was recovered by mondial and taken back to TAUNTON MERCEDES.

On the First Occasion they had the car for Five days and came back to me saying that the problem was caused by a build up of resistance against a fuse. The fuse hadnt blown but they replaced it anyway!

I asked what had caused the build up but I was told that they didnt know.

I asked them to Road test the Car again to see if this had cured the problem.

Later the same day I received a phone call from CHRIS THE SERVICE MANAGER OF TAUNTON MERCEDES who told me that the fault had reapeared and now the car had come up with Five pages of Fault Codes!

But they had found the problem it was an oxygen sensor on the gear box and they had replaced that and now the car was fine and I could pick it up.

I paid them £430 and went out to my car. As it was a hot day i went to open my windows before getting in and nothing happened so i went straight back in to TAUNTON MERCEDES and spoke to the SERVICE MANAGER who sent a mechanic out to look at the car.

His Response was "its nothing that we've done mate it must have always been like that. You will have to book it in to get it fixed".

I told him that they were working fine before it came in but he wasnt bothered.

I again went in to see the SERVICE MANAGER and said that they were working fine before it came in here but now they were not.

His answer was to get the five pages of fault codes out and he pointed out to me that the global windows was listed under one of the faults that had appeared after the second road test and they were not responsable for it.

Well I had no time to argue as I had to pick up my son from school and said that I would come back later on in the week and get this sorted.

Well how True were those words!

The Following day I took my wife shopping and low and behold the gearbox did exactly the same thing.

Again Mondial recovered the car and took it back to MERCEDES of TAUNTON.

They had it a further five days and this time came back that it was a sensor in the exhaust. They had replaced it and the car is now perfect!

No Mention of the windows at all.

Well I went and paid them again this time only £59.00 as the rest was a good will gesture.

My wife said that we would wait until we were near her brothers in wales and get the windows sorted there.

Well we drove out of the dealership had not travelled more than two miles and the bloody gearbox did it again.

Straight back to TAUNTON MERCEDES.

This Time CHRIS the SERVICE MANAGER and I use the term Service lightly as The service was totally Useless.

This time he stated "OH it Must be something weve Missed, but unfortunately we havnt got a curtisee car herefor you to use so if you drive your car home and then get it recovered by mondial again you will get a car to use"

By This Time I was extremely annoyed but before I could say any thing my wife spoke out. ( now she is normally the quite type who doesnt say hardly anything )

" How is it that the car has just had a major service and less than 500 miles later it has five pages of faults and you are unable to fix even one of them yet you insist on still charging us, There was NOTHING AT ALL WRONG WITH THIS CAR UNTIL TAUNTON MERCEDS GOT THERE HANDS ON IT AND NOW YOU ARE JUST PASSING THE BUCK".

The SERVICE MANAGERS RESPONSE WAS "WE WILL KEEP HAVING IT BACK UNTIL WE CAN FIND THE CAUSE OF THE FAULT".

We took the car home and phoned MERCEDES CUSTOMER SERVICE, There Response was Bizare at best and downright couldn't give a Dam at worse and we were told that we should just get it recovered again back to TAUNTON MERCEDES.

This is not what I expected. This is the worst experience of service I have ever had in all of my Thirty Years of Driving.

I purchased my CLS as it was a car I have wanted to own since it was launched. It ran beautifully until MERCEDES BENZ OF TAUNTON got there Hands on it and now I have lost all faith in the Car and the Brand.

MERCEDES BENZ CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NONE EXSISTANT and TAUNTON MERCEDES HAVE RUINED MY CAR

I am now going to sell my CLS fault and all and I WILL NEVER BUY A MERCEDES AGAIN AS THEY DONT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THERE CUSTOMERS!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C230 6speed/14 C63
I agree with you mate, sorry about your horrible experience, honestly this is expected from companies who wipe the a$$ with money...

Not saying mercedes c.s. is always that crappy but it usually is.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:25 PM

CLS55
damn.. i don't believe this kind of service will ever happen in my area since the dealers around me always take good care of me and my car...

however, there's no solid prove to show that either of the dealers mess it up ...but for fixing the same problem over and over again, they should totally offer you free repair and a loaner car till your car is in good shape again...
Old 09-18-2010, 04:33 PM

2006 cls500, 2006 E320 4matic, 1998 chevrolet suburban, a pair of addidas top tens
That is madness, for someone to not even care is absurd, I just purchased a cls 5 and after some of the stories i am really worried about servicing. But i knew what i was getting into when i purchased vehicle. I don't think you should give up on the vehicles tho...
just when you get a good mechanic i don't care how far it is, get there.
Sorry for your horrid experience
Old 09-18-2010, 06:13 PM

CLS 320 CDi
Totally Disgusted With the way This matter has been dealt with by MB Taunton and the Total Lack of Interest from MB UK.
This Dealership is incompitant and has Completely ruined my car and I will Now Have Nothing at all to do with MB.
This was not my first Mercedes but it will definately be my Last.
Mercedes Benz should be Ashamed.
I pick up my new BMW tomorrow.
UP YOURS MERCEDES.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:26 PM

Mercedes C220
Exclamation Mercedes 220

Hi i think your all being totally unfair! My son is work's at MB Taunton and loves his work. I have a Mercedes-Benz C-Class 220 and when i have it serviced there i am treated really well and on the odd occasion i have a problem they have caused, they where the first to fix and pay for it!

I think there serivce is excellent and i can not fault them one bit!

I think you should maybe give them another chance!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLC 300 4Matic
Originally Posted by cf123456
Hi i think your all being totally unfair! My son is work's at MB Taunton and loves his work. I have a Mercedes-Benz C-Class 220 and when i have it serviced there i am treated really well and on the odd occasion i have a problem they have caused, they where the first to fix and pay for it!

u r a tool, after hearing the op's story you join this site and that is your first post?
Old 01-20-2011, 12:07 PM

CLS 320 CDi
Hi i think your all being totally unfair! My son is work's at MB Taunton and loves his work. I have a Mercedes-Benz C-Class 220 and when i have it serviced there i am treated really well ****and on the odd occasion i have a problem they have caused****, they where the first to fix and pay for it!

Maybe you would not be so supportive of Taunton Mercedes if you had been ripped off and charged for work when they did not have a clue what they were doing!
You Need to read the first post and take in what happened whether your son works there or not they still charged for work that did not fix the fault that was not there before they touched the car.
I also note that you have said in your post that they have caused problems on your Car!
I Gaurantee you would not be happy!

Last edited by Firststar; 01-20-2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: edit
Old 01-21-2011, 07:34 AM

CLS63

If you want to help, maybe you should hook him up with your son and figure it out. Maybe it's your son, who loves his work, f*cked with his cls.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 & 2011 G55

Yes have your son contact this chap and help him out right away!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:56 PM

CLK
though this happened way back in 2010 i hope things have since changed, im still worried though cos i just bought a 2006 CLS in Taunton, and was thinking of taking it in for their A service as their offering some deals at the moment
Old 05-14-2014, 10:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
CLS550 AMG Pkg.

Lol

To the OP sorry to hear about your issues