Lowering questions with ELM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 11:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG, IWC
Lowering questions with ELM

Hi there,

Anyone have experience with Brabus ELM on the CLS? For some reason I feel the Renntech is the better way to go...

I've had a shop told me not to go with an ELM cause it's not reliable and should use lowering links instead...

Thoughts on this? I tried a search, didn't see anything. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:05 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 E550 Cab & 2011 GL 550 & 09 VROD Muscle & 06 Seadoo Speedster LE .......
ELM is better .................Links is the cheapest way to go.....not the best...i have Kleemann ......renntech is jus adjustable from inside...... all ELM s r good they have been around for a long time any brand........There was a post here recently for a new one that can be controlled from u dash computer....
Old 12-15-2010, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 550
I read somewhere, either this forum or Benzworld, that your dealer can lower you with the Star Diagnostics in less than 5 minutes for nothing. The guy who wrote that might be friends with his dealer, or his dealer may be lenient about it regarding warranty. I don't know. But I've got a few Benz dealers around me, I plan on calling around to see which one would do something like that. I would try that first before you even spend any money, who knows maybe someone will be cool enough to do it for ya.. Especially if you're out of your warranty, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't..?
Old 12-16-2010, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS/cayenne S/M3 convert
Star is best to go

I had my car lower via star almost 5 yr ago never had a problem knock on wood but i do have camber issue with tires dealer did for 295.00 took less then 5 minutes not slam to the ground but sit very nice check out my pics and see for your self
Old 12-19-2010, 10:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG, IWC
nice ride... star system? Never heard of that. Will do some searching... But when lowered with the Star System, does your car's "sport 1" and "sport 2" and "raise" function still works accordingly?

Anyone know how adjustable the Renntech ELM is once installed? Without the remote and the tablet, just the v2 module... Does it work with your "sport 1" and "sport 2" settings?
Old 12-20-2010, 12:14 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 E550 Cab & 2011 GL 550 & 09 VROD Muscle & 06 Seadoo Speedster LE .......
the raise button will work.......but Sport 1 n sport 2 when lowered with star diagnostics...is not that responsive as lowered with ELM......Star is telling the car to be in Highway Mode cause it drops at high speed s........so chewing up tires faster is for sure.....with the ELM the car rides a bit lowered but lets the suspension do what it needs to....n when u shut it offf it goes to ur desired lowered set height..............

ELM all the way
Old 12-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
We have the V2 module available here, as well.

V2 LOWERING MODULE
DIGITAL LOWERING MODULE WITH REMOTE CONTROLS

Simple no-cut/no-splice installation and digital precision allows for fully independent height adjustments at each wheel - as much as 52 mm (about 2") lower than stock. The V2 Lowering Module ships with everything needed for installation, as well as an in-car remote control panel (shown) for precision adjustments on-demand.

- FULLY REVERSIBLE NO-SPLICE INSTALLATION
- REMOTE-ADJUSTMENT WITH DIGITAL DISPLAY

APPLICATIONS AND PRICING

All ABC and Airmatic-equipped Mercedes-Benz / AMG / Maybach (with remote) 1345
All ABC and Airmatic-equipped Mercedes-Benz / AMG / Maybach 1195
Old 12-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Originally Posted by toodoh
Anyone know how adjustable the Renntech ELM is once installed? Without the remote and the tablet, just the v2 module... Does it work with your "sport 1" and "sport 2" settings?
The V2 module is made by a 3rd party and sold to companies like RENNtech (and Speedriven!) for branding. There are 8 height settings per corner, from "stock height" (off) to 8 settings below, to a drop of about 2".