CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

factory tint or black tint?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLS
factory tint or black tint?

hey guys I'm new to this forum. I wanted to ask for opinions on my cls if I should get black tint or leave it as regular factory blue glass? Its a black on black and I'm getting mixed opinions favoring both sides.

I want it not to look to ghetto and have very dark tint. I was thinking about more like 35% all around or just leave as is. And I am planning on getting some black rims for it as well

any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rocky Varriano
Old 06-23-2011, 03:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
02 C32 AMG, 05 SL55 AMG, 09 SL63 AMG, 14 E350, '18 G550, 92 300ZX & 15' GL63 AMG
ghetto?? i didnt know u can be labeled as ghetto for having too dark of a tint?
anywho, i would personally go between 18/20,to 35% tint i have 18/20% all around excluding the windshield
Old 06-23-2011, 09:34 AM

no mb
Yes darker looks drug dealer. Ask any cop.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:19 AM

ur black tint="Ghetto" statement......very ignorant and absurd(hopefully you were joking, but I really don't think you were). As for the tint, I think dark looks good on the black..matches nicely plus keeps the sun out
Old 06-24-2011, 09:07 PM

Mercedes CLS
thanks for the input. I'm not being ignorant that was a lack of a better term. If I get the black rims do you guys think it will look good if I get 35 all around or a contrast in the back and front which is a little darker than the 35?

erifly,

your car looks good. you got more pictures?
Old 06-25-2011, 06:35 PM

^Alright the noob can get a free pass this one time . lol.

I'm assuming you are in a state where tint can only be 35% up front(but as dark as you want in the back)..If you haven't already, you should check out the the first pic thread(in this side of the forum and the CLS amg side) to give you an idea of how it will look. I know most like a uniform tint look but the contrast does not look bad in all cases. If you have darker interior and tint your rear windows at least to 15%, it can make your front window's with 35% tint appear darker and the contrast is virtually not noticeably at night or overcast during the day. The lighter the interior color, especially during sunny day when it reflects and makes the cabin brighter, the more the windows will contrast.

Originally Posted by Rocky V
thanks for the input. I'm not being ignorant that was a lack of a better term. If I get the black rims do you guys think it will look good if I get 35 all around or a contrast in the back and front which is a little darker than the 35?

erifly,

your car looks good. you got more pictures?