CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Dropping CLS with STAR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 320
Dropping CLS with STAR

How low can the W219 be lowered using an SDS? I've been trying to lower my buddy's '06 CLS500 with it and I'm having some success.

I first tried setting it to the lowest settings all around and the driver's side was lower than the passenger side. The driver's side looked sweet!

So then I leveled it up as best as I could while still keeping it low, and it looks OK just not as low as I've seen others on this forum. Do the inclination angles also determine ride height or is it just the adjustment of the voltages? I used the 3.5 fronts and -1.1 rear inclination angles that were mentioned in the E-Class thread.

At it's current setting, I can fit 3 fingers in the front tire gap and 2.5 in the rear. It's on stock 18's.

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
Originally Posted by ricoZg
How low can the W219 be lowered using an SDS? I've been trying to lower my buddy's '06 CLS500 with it and I'm having some success.

I first tried setting it to the lowest settings all around and the driver's side was lower than the passenger side. The driver's side looked sweet!

So then I leveled it up as best as I could while still keeping it low, and it looks OK just not as low as I've seen others on this forum. Do the inclination angles also determine ride height or is it just the adjustment of the voltages? I used the 3.5 fronts and -1.1 rear inclination angles that were mentioned in the E-Class thread.

At it's current setting, I can fit 3 fingers in the front tire gap and 2.5 in the rear. It's on stock 18's.

Thanks!
ive tried nobody will do it!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 320
I finally leveled it out. Overall it's probably 3/4" lower. He'll probably end up getting links later.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in your Mom's car
Originally Posted by S500 Man
ive tried nobody will do it!!!
You gotta know the right people. I had my dealer do it for me. Cost me $80. Lol.