CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

CLS63 exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MERC
CLS63 exhaust

Purchased CLS63 AMG mufflers and had a local shop install them. At the same time the shop had removed the "resonators" and installed a custom "x-pipe" as well as removed the "secondary catalytic" converters for a better sound.

I'm loving the sound as well as the looks! Thought I would share

Now, if I could just find some AMG brakes...

Last edited by CLS_724; 07-23-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:08 PM

CLS500
It is nice bro. How much did you pay totally for all of customize the exhaust?
Old 07-23-2011, 02:40 PM

MERC
Originally Posted by Aquicat
It is nice bro. How much did you pay totally for all of customize the exhaust?
Well, the AMG mufflers I purchased pre-owned at $700 for the pair. Installation and the modification of the factory exhaust piping and the rear bumper was $450.

He had my car in and out the same day
Old 07-24-2011, 07:03 PM

2008 Black CLS 550
Awesome.. Now you need the rear trunk spoiler. Could you please tell the place you had it installed? and where can I find pre-owned or even new mufflers? Are you in SoCal?
Thanks.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:12 PM

MERC
Originally Posted by ODoyleRulz
Awesome.. Now you need the rear trunk spoiler. Could you please tell the place you had it installed? and where can I find pre-owned or even new mufflers? Are you in SoCal?
Thanks.

Hi, sent you a personal message regarding his information
Old 07-24-2011, 09:27 PM

2008 Black CLS 550
Originally Posted by CLS_724
Hi, sent you a personal message regarding his information
AWESOME! thanks
Old 07-25-2011, 03:24 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
No need to keep secret bro. It is probably Royal Muffler in Chatsworth.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:55 AM

06 cls500
Wow that's a nice stance, lowering method? Hows the ride quality? is the stock airmatic still functional?
Old 07-26-2011, 01:21 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
SLS Roadster
Do you have an audio clip?

Tks
J
Old 07-26-2011, 05:57 PM

MERC
Originally Posted by apdesign
No need to keep secret bro. It is probably Royal Muffler in Chatsworth.
Not trying to keep a secret he's not a sponsor and from what I understand I cant just freely post his info.

Oh and no it wasn't Royal Muffler. Went to my own source that got the job done in 4 hours.

Originally Posted by SteelSig
Wow that's a nice stance, lowering method? Hows the ride quality? is the stock airmatic still functional?
thank you. Lowered it by having the sensors adjusted. Ride quality is good and yes the airmatic is still fully functional.

Originally Posted by Jeff SD
Do you have an audio clip?

Tks
J
My GoPro should arrive today. Will post clips some time this week!
Old 07-26-2011, 09:43 PM

Designo Brilliant Black Paint W219
Did the rear mufflers increase the performance of the car? Nice retrofit. I want to change my OEM factory fitted dual pipes but thinking if it's worth retrofitting the quad mufflers to a car that did not originally come with it. Can i get a dual AMG pipes that can fit into my car? I live in the UK and i cross shopped around Ebay.de and Ebay.co.uk for pre-owned AMG dual rear mufflers and can't find one at the moment. I got a quote from Mercedes dealers for the parts, paint & labour and everything amounted to £4,973.09 inc VAT. I think this quote is a rip off. Am beginning to think this retrofit will not be possible because of this quote. If you know a certified confirmed website where i can buy these items for cheap, i will greatly appreciate it. Lest and forget, i want genuine parts and not fiber glass bumpers. Cheers!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:29 PM

2008 Black CLS 550
Is it worth retrofitting the quad mufflers? Hell yeah! They look SEXY! Specially if you already have the AMG sports package on your CLS. My Mercedes dealer simply asked me to get it done outside, lol. They charge $800 for a friggin' spoiler! I think you can get regular exhausts and then wield AMG tips on them. You can find AMG tips for $60-80 online.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:06 PM

How do i know if i have the sports package? If i don't have the sports package, are the quad mufflers found on 55 & 63 going to be an easy retrofit on a standard CLS? Some CLS500 have dual pipes but have the rear bumper that has got a non painted plastic trim on the bottom. Is this the normal sports package? My car has got the normal pipes that are a little spread out at opposite directions while the sports package dual mufflers are pointed directly. Is this it or not? Can't figure out how best to describe this. Help please!!!

Last edited by mcobinad; 07-27-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:56 PM

no mb
Originally Posted by mcobinad
How do i know if i have the sports package?
Well you have a much more serious problem than mufflers, as your steering wheel is on the wrong side...

That's a dangerous safety issue.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Quantum
Well you have a much more serious problem than mufflers, as your steering wheel is on the wrong side...

No offense mate. I live in the United kingdom of Great Britain. Hope that helps you to understand why my steering wheel on the right hand side. Infact, the best driver's position lol.

Please can someone share some information regarding my previous question?
Old 07-27-2011, 11:33 PM

2008 Black CLS 550
Yes, that non painted plastic thingy means you have AMG sports package. Sports package basically makes your car looks like 55/63 amg. Non sports package CLS has a different front and rear bumper and no diffuser on the back (plastic thing). Plus with sports package you have pedal shifters behind the steering wheel. Honestly, dual exhausts on each side look much better when you have rear diffuser.

Btw.. I think Mr.Quantum was kidding :P
Old 07-28-2011, 01:16 AM

MERC
Did the rear mufflers increase the performance of the car? Nice retrofit. I want to change my OEM factory fitted dual pipes but thinking if it's worth retrofitting the quad mufflers to a car that did not originally come with it. Can i get a dual AMG pipes that can fit into my car? I live in the UK and i cross shopped around Ebay.de and Ebay.co.uk for pre-owned AMG dual rear mufflers and can't find one at the moment. I got a quote from Mercedes dealers for the parts, paint & labour and everything amounted to £4,973.09 inc VAT. I think this quote is a rip off. Am beginning to think this retrofit will not be possible because of this quote. If you know a certified confirmed website where i can buy these items for cheap, i will greatly appreciate it. Lest and forget, i want genuine parts and not fiber glass bumpers. Cheers!

How do i know if i have the sports package? If i don't have the sports package, are the quad mufflers found on 55 & 63 going to be an easy retrofit on a standard CLS? Some CLS500 have dual pipes but have the rear bumper that has got a non painted plastic trim on the bottom. Is this the normal sports package? My car has got the normal pipes that are a little spread out at opposite directions while the sports package dual mufflers are pointed directly. Is this it or not? Can't figure out how best to describe this. Help please!!!
I looked for 2 months day and night for the mufflers and FINALLY came across a set off of Craigslist. As far as modification of the rear bumper the exhaust shop that had done the work cut into my existing bumper to mimic the CLS63 rear diffuser (which actually took the longest). It would be best to find a shop that can do the work, maybe a shop that works on higher end cars can tackle the situation of modifying the rear diffuser.

Here is a picture of a NON sport package CLS rear bumper ..

& here is a picture of a AMG SPORT PACKAGE rear bumper ..

Old 07-28-2011, 01:17 AM

MERC
Working on the video's now. They are a little long so I'm having to edit them .. anyone know of the best way to make a video shorter in the least amount of time?
Old 07-28-2011, 08:20 AM

@CLS _724,

Thank you immensely for this rapid and precise information. The second sport package picture is the bomb. This is exactly what i want. I don't want the quad pipes, 2 pipes on each side as my car isn't a 55 or 63 AMG. I don't want to be a wannabe while the real engine is missing. Do you know where i can get the the genuine sport package on the second picture apart from the MB stealers? They are quoting me £795.60 for the AMG dual bumper and £1,210.85 for the rear exhaust system. Everything amounting to £2,006.45 incl VAT. While the front AMG bumper+mesh is £1,317.84 incl VAT. This is stealing in a broad daylight. Basically, what this means is the price you pay to be the boss on the road. No way. Is there any spend less short-cut to be the boss? Thanks mate!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:22 AM

no mb
Originally Posted by ODoyleRulz
Btw.. I think Mr.Quantum was kidding :P
(Oh my gosh, yes)

But apparently mcobinad's experiences with Americans have not exactly been, 'ventures into intellectualism'...
Old 07-28-2011, 01:22 PM

(Oh my gosh, yes)

But apparently mcobinad's experiences with Americans have not exactly been, 'ventures into intellectualism'...
American or English. We are all one at the end of the day. We have gone through alot together. Let's just see ourselves as citizens of the world.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:32 PM

no mb
(yup, I was right...)
Old 07-29-2011, 12:48 PM

MERC
@CLS _724,

Thank you immensely for this rapid and precise information. The second sport package picture is the bomb. This is exactly what i want. I don't want the quad pipes, 2 pipes on each side as my car isn't a 55 or 63 AMG. I don't want to be a wannabe while the real engine is missing. Do you know where i can get the the genuine sport package on the second picture apart from the MB stealers? They are quoting me £795.60 for the AMG dual bumper and £1,210.85 for the rear exhaust system. Everything amounting to £2,006.45 incl VAT. While the front AMG bumper+mesh is £1,317.84 incl VAT. This is stealing in a broad daylight. Basically, what this means is the price you pay to be the boss on the road. No way. Is there any spend less short-cut to be the boss? Thanks mate!
As far as you being a wannabe it would only be so if maybe if you were to put the 63 AMG badges.

Acquiring the genuine sport package rear bumper should be fairly easy as I came across a few State side while looking for a 63 rear bumper.

As far as you being the boss in a spend less short-cut way .. that really isn't being a "boss" at all. But purchasing a pre-owned bumper from maybe a wrecking yard and having it repainted would be a cheap route.

Good luck ...

(Oh my gosh, yes)

(yup, I was right...)
but
Old 07-29-2011, 02:56 PM

MERC
Ok, finally figured out how to use the GoPro and Upload these large files onto YouTube properly.

2nd video has more aggressive throttle so the exhaust note at higher RPM is heard more so in Vid 2 (uploading it now).

Here is the first video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmbcKLwGZt8

Was on the phone with the owner of Cypress Muffler earlier today and he actually just finished a C class with a C63 rear bumper not too long ago.

He said this exhaust was done from complete scratch and he used aftermarket mufflers and non AMG tips. Wanted to share with you all!

Last edited by CLS_724; 07-29-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:07 PM

@CLS_724

I appreciate your undaunted effort in making this clear for me. Did you retrofit the 2009 comand NTG 2.5 HDD Navigation to your car? Am considering taking off the old comand and

replacing it with the newer model of 2009. Is it a simple plug & play thing or are there other things involved like wire hareness? I know definitely that i need a cable from

Kabeldaviko for the retrofit but is that all? What features will i get with the new command unit? Am considering this purely for the split screen nav, 3D birdview mode, SD slot & the

internal hard drive. What will happen to the SATNAV DVD loader in the boot(trunk)? I think someone on this forum has done this upgrade. I guess a guy from Sweden. Please if you

know about this, i will appreciate if you can shed some light. Cheers mate

Last edited by mcobinad; 07-29-2011 at 05:12 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CLS63 exhaust