CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 cls55 amg
Originally Posted by cmusngi
Here is a side (3/4 angle) shot that was taken by District Speed during the Eurocharged open house event a week and a half ago. Side skirts are on and I also added matte black to the front bumper air slits. The District Speed videographer is back there in that photo doing some sick video shots of the rear. They have one video up buy I think there is another. I'll post those as well. I didn't want to debut the car in public with this kit with the stock wheels but there's no way I was missing Jerry and Jake's Grand Opening event. I can't wait for my new wheels to arrive this week!

BTW, here is my dad's CLS55 right next to mine. He has a Prior Design body kit on the way as we speak. His car goes straight to the body shop as soon as the kit arrives! = )

call me crazy but the stock wheels look beautiful with that kit.. how much did you lower it.. im in this stage where ive been straying away from aftermarket wheels or looking into wheels that look similar to stock.. that stance is great.. i would probably be up another inch.. but that would just be me being scared to scuff my front bumper.. beautiful car.... i have the same setup in black as your dad with the front lip spoiler but with black vellano 20 inch wheels.. but am looking into this kit as we speak.. beautiful!!

Last edited by youngtrudaboy; 05-31-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 55 AMG, FX45, F-350, Top Secret Widebody Supra (Sold) and other vehicles on another Planet
Originally Posted by S500 Man
Good to know i might do this in future and i probably want to retain them.
Carlos, I'll try and tackle this sometime and write down a DIY.

Originally Posted by youngtrudaboy
call me crazy but the stock wheels look beautiful with that kit.. how much did you lower it.. im in this stage where ive been straying away from aftermarket wheels or looking into wheels that look similar to stock.. that stance is great.. i would probably be up another inch.. but that would just be me being scared to scuff my front bumper.. beautiful car.... i have the same setup in black as your dad with the front lip spoiler but with black vellano 20 inch wheels.. but am looking into this kit as we speak.. beautiful!!
Thanks man. The stock wheels look great and is a classic look but I think my new wheels that I just got were a worthy replacement . I'm lowered 2 inches up front and 1.8 in the rear. I have an ELM (lowering module) with remote that let's me lower front and back individually in any height setting I want at the push of a button. If you're looking at doing a Prior Design kit, let me know as there are a few things I should advise you on before your body shop tackles this. Carlos (S500Man) can vouch for me on this as well. My dad just got the Prior kit put on and he picks it up Saturday morning. It looks awesome with his Vellanos! Those are great wheels!

Old 06-01-2012, 08:39 PM

CLS 550
My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-headlightbreakdown.jpg

How much did the headlights cost you to get painted? And did you replace any of the bulbs with HID or LED?
Old 06-01-2012, 09:19 PM

2006 cls55 amg
Carlos, I'll try and tackle this sometime and write down a DIY.

Thanks man. The stock wheels look great and is a classic look but I think my new wheels that I just got were a worthy replacement . I'm lowered 2 inches up front and 1.8 in the rear. I have an ELM (lowering module) with remote that let's me lower front and back individually in any height setting I want at the push of a button. If you're looking at doing a Prior Design kit, let me know as there are a few things I should advise you on before your body shop tackles this. Carlos (S500Man) can vouch for me on this as well. My dad just got the Prior kit put on and he picks it up Saturday morning. It looks awesome with his Vellanos! Those are great wheels!

yes please give me all the pointers I need before installing the kit. Or even purchasing the kit.. I am very interested. Thanks man..
Old 06-01-2012, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
This kit is a Nightmare to install!!!!!unless your body shop already has done these befOre!!!im still not done!!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:48 PM

CLS 55 AMG, FX45, F-350, Top Secret Widebody Supra (Sold) and other vehicles on another Planet
Originally Posted by wavyjr

How much did the headlights cost you to get painted? And did you replace any of the bulbs with HID or LED?
Mine are powder coated. Getting your lights painted or powder coated can cost anywhere from $150-$400. It all just depends on who does it and who you know. I have stock bi-xenon (HID) lights.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by youngtrudaboy
yes please give me all the pointers I need before installing the kit. Or even purchasing the kit.. I am very interested. Thanks man..
PM me your email. If you decide to get this kit, follow my instructions EXACTLY and it will save you a lot of headaches. I have the entire kit andnmy dad just picked up his CLS55 tonight with his full PD kit installed so I know exactly what needs to be done. Send me your email address.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by S500 Man
This kit is a Nightmare to install!!!!!unless your body shop already has done these befOre!!!im still not done!!
LOL it's not even that bad. The worst part is the finish of the kit when you take it out of the box. Fitment overall out of the box is pretty good though. I gave you exact instructions the first time and before you even received the kit. You should have taken my advice the first time bro. I hate that you are having to go through more downtime but all they can do now is finish yours up correctly. Be glad you only got the front bumper and not the entire kit. Your body shop would have had fun with the rear bumper and especially the side skirts. My dad just picked up his CLS today. Body shop did the entire PD kit on his car in less than 2 weeks because they figured out the correct procedure with my kit and applied it to his.

Im sure Your car will be done shortly. Just follow up with your body shop daily like I told you and it should be all good! =)

Last edited by cmusngi; 06-01-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:23 AM

CLS55
WOW! One of the hottest CLS I have ever seen! That color is amazing! Is it factory? That kit totally makes the car look like an updated CLS. Any plans for some aftermarket wheels? A show and go CLS is what i want to do eventually and i think you just set a really high bar. Great job. Quick question, how did you take off your dash? Was it hard? I'm thinking of doin CF. I can't stand this wood interior.

Did I read tht right? The blk one is your pop's ride?

Last edited by BenzCLS06; 06-02-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:23 PM

CLS55
How hards it to do the blak trim around the windows? My 55 is Pewter and chrome on window in my ride looks like trash.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:09 AM

CLS55
Hey man. I want to get a lowering module like yours. What group buy is it that you mentioned for these on page 1? Was it a lot cheaper with group buy price? Can you PM price and where to get it? I wanna get one tomorrow. Thx.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
Originally Posted by BenzCLS06
How hards it to do the blak trim around the windows? My 55 is Pewter and chrome on window in my ride looks like trash.
Had it wrapped in vinyl.....

Hey man. I want to get a lowering module like yours. What group buy is it that you mentioned for these on page 1? Was it a lot cheaper with group buy price? Can you PM price and where to get it? I wanna get one tomorrow. Thx.
Message the member emoving, he should have a few left over.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:21 PM

2006 CLS 55 AMG
really like the kit. Can you give me some pointers for the body kit before I purchase it and install it. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:21 PM

CLS55
Originally Posted by djrabbi

@djrabbi-thx brah! Do u know how hard it is to wrap? Have u done it to your ride? Is it sumthing I can do myself of have a pro do it? Thx for the lowering module referal too!

I got my friend to stop looking at used CLS550 and search for used CLS 55 AMG instead for under 30K like u said you found urs for. I let him drive mine and he loved the raw power and torque. I told him once he goes 55K motor, there ain't no goin back. He was sold on an AMG after taking mine around the block. He's searching high and low for one now. If u know of one holla at me!

Last edited by BenzCLS06; 06-03-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 Renntech stage 5, 04 CL600 ( will miss ),02e55 , 11 R350
I wouldnt advise to do the wrap yourself , I saw recently some wrap dont by a non pro and it looked it .. if you know what I mean . I was going to have the wrap dont for the window trim also , but I was quoted $250 per side !! I thought that was insane , so I am doing it the right way , painted professionally in gloss black and clear coated .. I wont go for matt black because to me it always looks kinda a dirty .. thats my 2c best of luck and keep us posted .
Old 06-03-2012, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i got mine done for $50 installed
Old 06-03-2012, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 Renntech stage 5, 04 CL600 ( will miss ),02e55 , 11 R350
Good for you but I personally must have something that visible look its best , when I heard about the $250 per side my first thought was I would rather have them painted the right way which would probably cost less .
Old 06-04-2012, 05:17 PM

WOW! One of the hottest CLS I have ever seen! That color is amazing! Is it factory? That kit totally makes the car look like an updated CLS. Any plans for some aftermarket wheels? A show and go CLS is what i want to do eventually and i think you just set a really high bar. Great job. Quick question, how did you take off your dash? Was it hard? I'm thinking of doin CF. I can't stand this wood interior.

Did I read tht right? The blk one is your pop's ride?
Thanks Man! I actually just got some new wheels in a few weeks ago. I made a thread about it but I'm going to post them in here to so I can just consolidate to one build thread. I'll PM you details on the dash removal. Oh and yes that is my dad's CLS55. He just picked up his car from the body shop and just had the Prior Design kit installed. It came out SICK!!! I'll take nice photos of it soon and create a separate build thread for him.

I bought the material from www.shadowlinetrim.com and had a local decal place install it for $70.

Ravi covered it all for you. Just PM my good friend Marcus (emoving) and tell him Chris and Ravi sent you. He'll take care of you!

Originally Posted by mankaran
really like the kit. Can you give me some pointers for the body kit before I purchase it and install it. Thanks.
Thanks man! PM me your email and I'll give you the rundown!

Originally Posted by maxwerks
I wouldnt advise to do the wrap yourself , I saw recently some wrap dont by a non pro and it looked it .. if you know what I mean . I was going to have the wrap dont for the window trim also , but I was quoted $250 per side !! I thought that was insane , so I am doing it the right way , painted professionally in gloss black and clear coated .. I wont go for matt black because to me it always looks kinda a dirty .. thats my 2c best of luck and keep us posted .
I wanted to go the paint route as well but when my friend who owns the body shop that did my car say that it is a large task, i switched back to $19 for matte black trim material and $70 for install. When he told me the process, materials, and price just to go with paint option, I went the wrap route instead. After the wrap, it actually looks factory. I almost did gloss black wrap instead but I didn't want to take a chance in seeing scuffs and swirls on it.

Max, did you get my reply back to you from your PM?

Last edited by cmusngi; 06-04-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:21 PM

Instead of having another thread just for my wheels, I went ahead and just copied and pasted the other photos in here to just keep it to one thread for the build.

After weeks and weeks of patiently waiting, my new wheels finally arrived! A special thanks to my long time industry friend Vincent Wong, owner of iForged Wheels/Forgestar Wheels for hooking me up with a killer set of wheels! I went with a deep concave set up. I'm a fan of fat lips on wheels and I'm also a fan of concave wheels so I opted for a combination of the two. Fat lip + Concave spokes = Happy Chris!

The spokes finish is a brushed aluminum with a few shades of tint on it. I love the tint on the spokes because in bright daylight, the spokes look like a medium grey shade of brushed aluminum and in dark light/evening, the spokes look almost like gunmetal. The spokes are accompanied by a chrome lip. My car color changes during certain times of the day and now my wheels do too! I can't wait to put these on my CLS! Enough of my rambling. Here are the pictures!

My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-myiforgedwheels1re.jpg

My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-myiforgedwheels13re.jpg

My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-myiforgedwheels12re.jpg

My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-myiforgedwheels14re.jpg

My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-myiforgedwheels2re.jpg

My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-myiforgedwheels3re.jpg

My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-myiforgedwheels4re.jpg

My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-myiforgedwheels5re.jpg

My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-myiforgedwheels6re.jpg

My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-myiforgedwheels8re.jpg

My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-myiforgedwheels10re.jpg

My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-myiforgedwheels11re.jpg

My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-myiforgedwheels15re.jpg

HUB rings were thrown in the box by accident and arent needed. I took this pic out of excitement and forgot to toss the rings out before I snapped the photo.
My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-myiforgedwheels16re.jpg

A few photos of them on the car. Lighting was bad in these photos so I'll re-do the pics. I was in such a rush that I even forgot the center cap on the front wheel LOL. I'm working on setting up a real photoshoot as well. Thanks!

BTW, the wheels are iForged Equip V3 - 20x9 & 20x11. Tires are Hankooks 255/30/20 & 305/25/20.

My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-cmcls1re.jpg

My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-cmcls2re.jpg

My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-cmcls3re.jpg

The following users liked this post:
a100steaksauce (07-11-2018)
Old 06-04-2012, 05:42 PM

Haven't had a chance to post updates. I've just been so busy. I did a few more exterior mods/additions that I haven't posted yet but I will once I get a chance to snap the photos. Here's a tiny update.

New looped fuel rail arrived courtesy of Steve of Fabtech Performance!
My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-loopedfuelrail.jpg

Carbon Fiber Engine cover from Chris at CK Carbon Imports! I can't for my carbon fiber python intake tubes to arrive from him!
My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-carbonfiberenginecover.jpg

Got the Dash head unit faceplate and bracket painted gloss black instead of matte plastic look.
My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-kenwoodbracket.jpg

My dad wanted a screen in his car so he asked for mine. I just removed my current Kenwood DNX9960 and just installed it in his CLS55. I am replacing mine with this Kenwood DNX9990HD.
My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-kenwooddnx9990hd.jpg

I'm not taking any risks in ruining my new front bumper so I'm installing a front cam so my mind will be at ease. The rear cam has helped a lot. A front one is a must especially with a fiberglass front.
My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-kenwoodfrontcam.jpg

I blew my center channel speaker and just replaced it with this tiny one . My little 3-year old boy watches movies in the car so retaining the center channel was a must.
My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-hertzcenterchannel.jpg

BONUS! My dad just picked up his CLS55 from the body shop this past weekend. He had the full Prior Design Kit installed as well. I'll post more in another thread once I get the chance to head to his house and snap some photos. Here's a sneak peak of it in the middle of it being finished last week!
My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc-dadpdclssneakpeak2cropped.jpg

Last edited by cmusngi; 06-04-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:04 PM

I just installed a Kenwood screen in my dad's CLS. I took photos of the process. Is anyone interested in a DIY write up? I'm just trying to put a feeler out to see if there is even enough interest to take time write it. It's definitely a chore to install. Let me know.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I just installed a Kenwood screen in my dad's CLS. I took photos of the process. Is anyone interested in a DIY write up? I'm just trying to put a feeler out to see if there is even enough interest to take time write it. It's definitely a chore to install. Let me know.

do it before carlos asks you lol
Old 06-04-2012, 09:32 PM

do it before carlos asks you lol

LOL! You're a retard! =P. When are you coming down to Houston and visit the MB family down here?

Old 06-04-2012, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Soon, maybe with the gf and her sister for my future brother in law
Old 06-04-2012, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White S63 AMG W/Designo Interior
+1 in for diy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My CLS build! - Prior Design Kit, blacked trim, black headlights, Concave wheels, etc