CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Camber Kit on W219 CLS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 04:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CLS 550 w/ AMG sport package Diamond White Edition
I only did the acentric bolts in the front For the camber and the caster 2 bots for each. Not sure about the rear since mine was good even though i have 20" wheesl thats 11" wide lowered with ghostlinks. Guess some have had issues i the rear. Dont have any after pix but here a few before the camber bolts were installed....it still looked good tho. Camber wasnt that bad in the front...To each their own

Old 01-13-2016, 12:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 cls63
Cls63 alignment problems

Originally Posted by Soldier_CLS
I only did the acentric bolts in the front For the camber and the caster 2 bots for each. Not sure about the rear since mine was good even though i have 20" wheesl thats 11" wide lowered with ghostlinks. Guess some have had issues i the rear. Dont have any after pix but here a few before the camber bolts were installed....it still looked good tho. Camber wasnt that bad in the front...To each their own

I really need help. I have a 2007 cls63 with 66k miles. Love the car, but cannot get the alignment corrected. I have a kmac camber caster kit on it, installed by my indie mechanic, been on the frame table tested true. Less than 5k on new tires. Pulls right even on a left turn negative caster (to right turn) stretch of toll road that is a good highway.
Old 04-10-2016, 12:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 cls63
Originally Posted by KECLS63
I really need help. I have a 2007 cls63 with 66k miles. Love the car, but cannot get the alignment corrected. I have a kmac camber caster kit on it, installed by my indie mechanic, been on the frame table tested true. Less than 5k on new tires. Pulls right even on a left turn negative caster (to right turn) stretch of toll road that is a good highway.
Update: I took my car to Dallas Frame and Alignment shop. They do not use digital machines to align, but align it old school method. KMAC bushings had quite a bit of movement only after about 7k miles. Called Kevin at KMAC, very responsive btw, explained the situation, he dhl'ed a complete replacement kit. I get that car back in the next day or two. See how it goes.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:29 AM
SPONSOR

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by KECLS63
Update: I took my car to Dallas Frame and Alignment shop. They do not use digital machines to align, but align it old school method. KMAC bushings had quite a bit of movement only after about 7k miles. Called Kevin at KMAC, very responsive btw, explained the situation, he dhl'ed a complete replacement kit. I get that car back in the next day or two. See how it goes.

Contacted Dallas Frame and Alignment re the steering pull/movement in bushes – pointing out what to look for re the cause.

To simply check which (or both) “thrust” arm Caster bushes that are over adjusted/need to be backed off (OEM there is already ample “positive” Caster – 10 to 12.5 degrees depending on vehicle height).

The K-MAC Camber and Caster bushes are designed so they are 2 axis/self aligning. But with “over adjustment” of the Caster bush – this can pull the control arm/wheel forward till inner Camber bush binds/loads up when control arm travels through its required suspension arc (see below diagram).

PRECISE CASTER: Capability to dial in and correctly resolve steering pull with the K-MAC bush design also improving brake and steering response

PRECISE CAMBER: Front and rear – ability to reduce costly premature edge tire wear by changing tire contact angle/increasing the wear area/improving traction. Essential if altering height, wide profile tires or simply ongoing adjustment capability for curb knock damage