CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Hi, from a new Mercedes owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2013 | 02:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 350 W219
Hi, from a new Mercedes owner

I just bought a Mercedes CLS350 (my first MB), so far I've driven only bmw and land rovers, but the comfort and the feeling of the CLS is unique.
I looked everywhere for some information about the diferential of the CLS 350 if it is LSD, but I couldn't find any info, I've switched off the ESP and the car did spin in one place, but I'm not confident that it is fit with a LSD, do you know where I can find some info about that ?
Old 03-07-2013 | 12:52 PM

2009 CLS 550
AFAIK it is not an LSD, as the AMG versions offer an LSD as an extra-cost option. I highly doubt that a performance oriented feature would be on a base model when it's extra-cost on the performance model...
Old 03-07-2013 | 05:14 PM

CLS 350 W219
LSD

Today I drove my brother's SL55 AMG and when I've disabled the ESP, It behaved the same way as my 350 CLS (of course, much faster ),my brother told me that his benz does have and LSD diff, but I still, can't find any info on line, how to make the difference between an open diff and a LSD, on those cars, I used to have an M3 and M5 and of course they were equiped with LSD, but with the automatic gearbox is quite difficult to make the diffrence, because it is changing to a higher gear even in manual mode when it hits the rev limiter and this way is pretty complicated to spin the car in one place ( may be if the asphalt is wet ? ? ? and not so much throtle ? ).

Last edited by Elrond; 03-07-2013 at 05:17 PM.