CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Computer/electrical glitch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 CLS 550
Computer/electrical glitch

I'm not really expecting any feedback on this since it was a one-time deal (so far...), although if anyone else has had similar issues it would be interesting.

One morning when I started the car (2009 CLS 550) the SRS light didn't go out. Then, as I was driving down the road I noticed that the Parktronic was activated (it's supposed to deactivate at 10 MPH) even though I was going 40 MPH. Then I noticed that I could hardly read the climate control panel and then realized that the COMMAND screen was in night mode colors (this was a clear sunny day around 8:30 AM). Also, the volume control on the steering wheel was inoperable. After about 15 minutes of driving, a "Check tire pressure monitoring system" came on.

I continued driving for another 15 minutes, shut the car off and re-started it. All malfunctions seemed to be gone. Shut the car back off, restarted it a few hours later and drove the half hour home with no further issues to date (about a month of mostly daily driving).
Old 07-19-2013, 10:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS-LotusS4-ZR1-M5-E31850x2
Had something close to your issue did you drive through any high puddles of water?
Old 07-19-2013, 10:52 AM

2009 CLS 550
It wasn't raining the day it happened. I don't recall the weather two days earlier (the most recent time I had driven it), but at worst it just would have been typical highway conditions - not like fording standing water or anything like that.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS-LotusS4-ZR1-M5-E31850x2
This happened to me twice first time after i drove through a good sized puddle my car is lowered so im wondering if something under the car got wet I will be looking into it further when I have some free time. I also noticed that when the weather gets very hot the car sometimes acts up.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:38 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 E450
Something to consider. If the battery is a little older and maybe not holding a full charge; these cars will shut down "secondary" systems until the battery juices back up. Possiblity?
John
(My car actually gave me a message saying something like "lo batt/ some systems not avail" or something like that.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:36 PM

2009 CLS 550
The battery was replaced by MB last fall after a cell died in the original. I haven't had any issues other than this one since, even after parking for a week or more throughout the winter, so the battery is not likely the problem although anything is possible.