CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

A/C delay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 CLS 550
A/C delay

It seems like when it's really hot the A/C doesn't start pumping out cold air for at least two minutes. And the worst part of it is that the fan is blowing full blast, as if it thinks cold air is coming through.

Now, this is not my first car, or even my first MB, so I'm not talking about just the first few seconds as the the condenser starts working and then the uncooled air cycles out. I've never seen this behavior in any of the multiple cars I've owned or driven that have A/C.

So, is this typical with the late CLSs or is there something wrong?

TIA.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
I have opposite problem kind of. I put my fan on full blast but nothing is there? I have to turn the fan on and off a few times for it to kick in so don't be too worried.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:35 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 E450
Cool

My 2006 does this as well. Sometimes upward of like 3-4 minutes. I hate it. I find that if I turn the AC off and then back on it seems to rectify it. (Not sure if thats in my head or timing or what not).
Also, It seems like maybe my interior temp is a little off. Like the AC should be blowing MAX (102 outside and been in the car for 10 minutes); no way the climate control reached 70 and it throttles the blower down a bit like it hit the number.
Anyway, its more of an annoyance, but no, youre not crazy.
-John