Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLS550
car shakes when easing off brake

Hello all -
Newbie here. Hi!
First off, let me say I've had my '07 CLS550 for about 2 weeks and I am completely IN LOVE with it. Amazingly sexy ride. Everybody thinks its brand new. But, I've already had my share of issues. 5 days after purchase the airmatic suspension failed, had to replace the fuse, pump, relay etc etc. Wasn't the most reassuring feeling having my car in the shop 5 out of my first 10 days with it.....

Anyway, everything else seems fine (besides my rattling front speaker of course ), the car feels and drives great. Transmission is smooth, acceleration/brakes are amazing. Here is my problem - when at a stop sign/stop light, when my car is at a complete stop - as soon as I begin to ease my foot off the brake (before I've completely let off and before any acceleration) - the car shakes/vibrates, bad. Like to the point where I look like a fool in my new Mercedes shaking like a big rig. The RPM/idle seems fine, no movement. It is only in this situation - cannot feel it while driving at any speed, sometimes at complete stop I can feel it shaking a bit, but it gets worse as I ease off brake. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what was the solution? Was thinking possibly bad engine mounts? Or some type of carbon build up from lack of driving before I bought it? Also, problem is a bit erratic - does not always happen, but at least once a day. Sometimes I feel like its worse when in sport mode vs comfort - but not sure if that's because I've been driving it more in C rather than S so far..

Any suggestions / advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you -

Last edited by 007cls550; 06-05-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:30 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
W212 E250 BT 4M
Sounds like you an air leak somewhere. Make sure that MAF sensor sits properly in place and also check connection between MAF sensor and air box.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:07 PM

2007 CLS550
Originally Posted by GuestFromTampa
Sounds like you an air leak somewhere. Make sure that MAF sensor sits properly in place and also check connection between MAF sensor and air box.
Hey there - thank you - I will definitely look into that!
I took a look under the hood with the car started, while it was vibrating/shaking, and it seemed like its coming from the engine itself. If I rest my hand lightly on top of it with engine on, it shakes - just the same as I feel when in drivers seat. Almost like its wiggling around a little bit, not staying in place. Could that still be caused by MAF sensor? Or does that sound more like bad motor mounts..? Any advice greatly appreciated.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My guess is motor mount.
Congratulation with your newly purchase cls550.
Welcome to MBworld
Ned
Old 11-11-2014, 11:08 PM

2009 CLS 550
Any luck on the issue? I am having a similar issue with my car after I had the transmission serviced. Only happens at complete stop.

Sounds more like the tranny than the motor since the RPMs are showing nomovement. I read in some of the other threads after a transmission fluid changethis could happen. Some say to reset the Transmission Adaptive ECU.

Any update would be great and if anyone else had a similar issue after atransmission fluid change.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:53 PM

CLS 320 cdi
See my earlier post 'Strange Movement', it sounds a very similar problem.
However after initial success with the lock up solenoid it did it again, although this time a severe judder when coming to a stop, rather than the 'shimmy' when stationary. It's back in the workshop this week while they try to find out what it is. Being only an intermittent fault it very difficult for them to identify,but to their credit they are tenacious and trying very hard.
And all this under the used car warranty, thank goodness.

R4
Old 11-18-2014, 11:19 PM

2009 CLS 550
I did some research, have them check bulletin LI27.60-P-051470. It has to deal with the K1 piston located inside the trans.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:23 AM

CLS 320 cdi
Thanks for that MBsd.
Was in the workshop for a week and they test drove it everyday, everything was fine until it 'faulted' on the Friday morning. They were able to read the codes and surprisingly discovered low pressure in one of the fuel injectors, causing what felt like a misfire, ,and a judder ! They changed whatever part was needed and let me have it back to test drive to see whether or not this has cured it, so far all seems well and everything is smooth again. But only time will tell.
I have just taken out the extended warranty (£1100) so I expect everything will now be perfect !

Roscoe