Alarm goes off after 20 seconds after locking car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 320 CDi
Alarm goes off after 20 seconds after locking car

Hi
Had a 2006 320 CDi for a month now and since I bought the car when ever you lock it 20 seconds later the alarm goes off but if you push lock button on remote again its fine.
Anyone got any ideas on this as I often come home very late and cant keep waking up the neighbours with the alarm.

Dave
Old 05-02-2015, 05:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLS 320 cdi
Use the two little buttons on the overhead light to turn off the alarm, they flash red to show them as 'off'. After doing this for a few days it should reset itself and work properly again. At least this is what works for me.
The actual alarm sounder is in the near side wheel arch and contains a battery which can eventually fail and requires replacement, but turning it off a few times as described above has avoided this.
Good luck,hope it works for you.

Roscoe
Old 05-03-2015, 07:31 AM

CLS 320 CDi
Originally Posted by Roscoefour
Use the two little buttons on the overhead light to turn off the alarm, they flash red to show them as 'off'. After doing this for a few days it should reset itself and work properly again. At least this is what works for me.
The actual alarm sounder is in the near side wheel arch and contains a battery which can eventually fail and requires replacement, but turning it off a few times as described above has avoided this.
Good luck,hope it works for you.

Roscoe
Thanks ill give that a try tho ive never noticed two little buttons to turn the alarm off im sure they are there if you say so .

Dave
Old 05-15-2015, 04:35 AM

CLS 320 CDi
Originally Posted by Roscoefour

Roscoe
Ive tried using the two buttons switching off the alarm but it still wont work properly. A bit of a pain when I come home at 3am and forget to push the buttons 20 seconds ans beep beep beep and lots of bright flashing lights waking up my neighbours Opps.

Dave