2006 CLS55 AMG Maintenance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 07:06 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG
2006 CLS55 AMG Maintenance

Good Morning Ladies and Gents,

For all of you who drive 55K motors, I just bought my 2006 CLS55 AMG a month ago, it has 106,000KMs on it, so approximately 66K miles. I am interested in making this my summer (and dry weather) beast. The previous gentleman who owned the vehicle had never even taken it out in the rain. It's one of the cleanest cars I've seen, hence the purchase.

I'm currently gathering a bunch of oils, parts filters to do one big refresher: here is what is on the list:

1. fresh synthetic oil change with new filter
2. transmission oil change with filter and gaskets etc.
3. rear differential oil change (i dont believe mine is an 030 LSD, but im **** so it will be done)
4. Supercharger oil change
5. Cooling upgrade pump and heat exchanger from eurocharged (comes as a package)

what I've collected so far:

1. engine oil and filter
2. transmission oil and filter kit
3. synthetic gear lube 75W90

for the supercharger oil, i see a lot of people use Mobil Jet Oil 2... i visited a website www.airplaneoil.com and found the Mobil Jet Oil 2, but also found a different variant, called Mobil Jet Oil 254. By the sounds of it, it supercedes the Jet Oil 2. Anyone try it?

here are the two links:

Mobil Jet Oil 2:

http://www.airplaneoil.com/Mobil_Jet...iljetii-qt.htm

Mobil Jet Oil 254:

http://www.airplaneoil.com/Mobil_Jet...ljet254-qt.htm

The price is the same, and even if they weren't, price isn't something I'm worried about, it's too beautiful of a car to do any injustice.

As for the Cooling Kit from Eurocharged, since I've never taken it apart, is it simply engine coolant that runs through it? or is it a whole different fluid all together? I'd like to know who has already gone through with these things that can simply answer yes, no, try this, do that etc.

Thanks in advance!
Pete.