CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

PLEASE HELP!!! CLS500 WENT THROUGH MASSIVE PUDDLE!???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cls500
Exclamation PLEASE HELP!!! CLS500 WENT THROUGH MASSIVE PUDDLE!???

Hi everyone I'mean really hoping someone on here knows what's going on with my 06 cls500. The other day I was driving right after huge rainstorm and there was a dip in the road you couldn't tell it was covered in water it was very dark. Point being I drove through it it was almost up to my windows barely made it through the puddle. At first I was amazed the car didn't even shut off. Everything worked fine drove great for the next day and a half. Then I came out of the store and tried to start my car, it was cranking over but wouldn't actually fire up so I tried one more time it did the same thing almost like I was out of gas. Then after about 5 minutes it turned on drove work just fine for the next day and a half. Then the battery light came on coming home from work it lost power until it died. Charge the battery it ran just fine for about 45 minutes then just died in the middle of an intersection. Once again it was acting like it was out of gas but then after about 20 minutes started again. This one on for a while eventually the battery alternator light pulled up it was just draining the batteries........ but if you charge the battery sometimes it would drive for about 15 minutes then it would die act like it ran out of gas wait 20 minutes start back up until the battery was completely dead. So replaced the alternator thinking that was the problem. At the shop they went to pull it out did the same thing again chug like it was out of gas and wouldn't start. Then waited a while then it started. So then they looked into a deeper replace the crankshaft sensor the alternator was bad by the way as well. Hey they said the battery is getting a charge now but the battery light is still on at the shop.... the shop can't seem to figure out why the battery light is still on. That's about all the information I have if anybody is a wizard that be great. Thank you
Old 07-09-2017, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB GL550
Typically that would cause a hydolock and stop immediately. That much water is never intended for any car w/o a snorkel. Hard to say what Gremlins might now be in your subsystems. I'm assuming you've been all over it to make sure everything is dry.

Sorry to not have any specifics...
Old 07-09-2017, 11:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLS500 AMG package 2006, CL600 2002, SLK230 kompressor 2003 sold, E500 2004 sold, BMW 335xi M sport
The cls has two batteries one in the trunk and the other by the fire wall on the pasenger side, just remove the cabin air filter box, if your car is working good now but you still getting a red battery warning on the cluster check that battery.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 715 Likes on 696 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to C219 forum...
Old 07-12-2017, 03:41 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2010 e550 coupe
Did you replace the cps? Did you run codes?