CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Command and NAV upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 09:22 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Range Rover
Command and NAV upgrades

My wife and I have been looking for a home outside of dallas and I just realized how bad the nav is. My disc is 2005 and while living in a city is fine. Suburbs are pretty much no existent. Dallas has grown a lot so I was looking to upgrade the system without removing the unit and putting something on the dash. I also hate using my phone for NAV...

I discovered a few things. One, Mercedes released there final nav disc for this car just 2 years ago. The disc says 2016 (maps are from 2014) but diffenently a huge upgrade over the 2005 disc I had. I also discovered the command system had a software update disc, which is impossible to find "almost" and even the dealer wont supply it.

The main thing with the nav, I always felt it didnt give all the information. Like I have miles to the next turn but not total miles for the trip. Or, no ETA to get to a location. I learned that there was a firmware update to the command unit that provided all these things.. WOOHOO, challenge accepted.

The Nav disc was relatively easy to source. Again, mercedes released it 2 years ago and it has 4 year old maps but still 1000 better than 2005 maps. If you live in a city that has grown a lot in ten years I would suggest upgrading. Source the disc from whomever you like (dealer,ebay, etc)

While waiting for the disc to come in i was reading about its firmware upgrade, which isnt much if anything and discovered the command had an additional upgrade to provide all the things I wanted. Keep in mind, you will lose the engineering mode and im sure other hacked stuff if you do this....

After 3-4 days of search, (not even the dealer had or would provide it) I got the disc. 5-10 minutes later and eureka. I have ETA, Miles to destination, miles to turn. I also have pretty much every street in the city now too. Its just nice that my 2006 nav finally feels pretty modern now with display information and nav data. If anyone is interested...

Nav Part number:

BQ6460338 - This is Version 15 and will be the last update ever

Command Part number for service disc:

W211 589 15 22 00
Old 03-04-2018, 02:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG IWC
Does the newer nav disc allow you to input an a address? How will I know if I need to update the command also?

Last edited by Conchasjim; 03-04-2018 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-06-2018, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 Mercedes E550
Did someone really rob you at gunpoint in front of your house for your s55? Perhaps you should first consider moving before anything else.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:34 AM

Range Rover
Originally Posted by Conchasjim
Does the newer nav disc allow you to input an a address? How will I know if I need to update the command also?
Even the old one allows it. The only way to know easily is if you don't see estimated time of arrival when you plot the nav route, or its not a selectable option. Than you have the old firmware.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:36 AM

Range Rover
Originally Posted by LexBrett2
Did someone really rob you at gunpoint in front of your house for your s55? Perhaps you should first consider moving before anything else.
I lived in a private, gated, golf course community at the time. I did move but it goes to show, if someone wants you, they will get you.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:50 AM

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
2007 cls550
The new one allows a full street address and not just street name?