CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

2006 CLS 500 219

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls500
2006 CLS 500 219

LAST WEEK AIR WENT LOW ON REAR NOW THIS MORNING ALL DOWN TO NOTHING. codes, rear low, front low, air leak ... now plugged snap on scanner it shows zero pressure in all 4 bags, jumpped relay pressure buiolds but does not go into bags almost like the valve units on each bag not allowing poassage of air in....im lost any and all help would be muchly appreciated, also dont think thiw system actually has a air reservoir and if so i cant find it, valve switch beside pump only has 5 air lines one from pump and four out to wheels...thanks
Old 02-27-2018, 09:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
See attachments.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Check AIRmatic for leaks.pdf (356.7 KB, 78 views)
front fender liner.pdf (272.8 KB, 76 views)
trunk lining.pdf (101.9 KB, 72 views)
rear seat cushion.pdf (161.8 KB, 80 views)
Old 02-28-2018, 08:01 AM

cls500
right rear line had a small leak at inlet line repaired, still not working. I jump relay at 87 to get pump to work then with my snap on scanner get right front left front or left rear to open and allow air in and raise vehicle but nothing on rear right. I back prob voltages and all six wires leading to rear valves have full twelve volts, when I turn left rear valve unit on voltage on the yel/grn wire drops to 5v which I believ to be normal when I do same to right rear yel/gry wire its drops to .03 volts ? fyi that's back probed at 6way connector under car as well as on unit control under passenger floor plate. I'm wondering is the valve unit on right rear bag faulty and drawing the xtra volts or is it simply the control unit
Old 02-28-2018, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 Mercedes E550
Originally Posted by hyper82
right rear line had a small leak at inlet line repaired, still not working. I jump relay at 87 to get pump to work then with my snap on scanner get right front left front or left rear to open and allow air in and raise vehicle but nothing on rear right. I back prob voltages and all six wires leading to rear valves have full twelve volts, when I turn left rear valve unit on voltage on the yel/grn wire drops to 5v which I believ to be normal when I do same to right rear yel/gry wire its drops to .03 volts ? fyi that's back probed at 6way connector under car as well as on unit control under passenger floor plate. I'm wondering is the valve unit on right rear bag faulty and drawing the xtra volts or is it simply the control unit
If all four sides are down, it sounds like the airmatic pump has failed. It is a common problem, albeit horrible
Old 02-28-2018, 12:35 PM

cls500
I can jump pin 87 for power and pump runs fine,i can get each corner to function but only with hand held scanner, now right rear makes louder tyen other 3 corners when activated and still wont allow air in, if one corner malfunctions is it possible it will feed back and turn system off?
Old 03-13-2018, 01:16 PM

cls500
finally received parts and got this baby working. at end of day this is the series of what happened with this cls.....a little over a year ago right rear bag got punctured and failed, another shop decide to put an aftermarket one on that side only even though manufacture clearly states re4place in pairs, a leak developed in right rear line causing pump to over run and loose strength, I replaced as a pair on rear bags and replaced faulty pump, returned oem bag to customer that sold it on eBay .
my customer is now happy and is spreading the news which is great for my shop.