Bi xenon not working at all

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 10:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cls 350 w219
Bi xenon not working at all

Hi fellow owners, I have a 2006 cls 350 with bi xenon feature. The car was not used for close to 6 years. So I decided it was time back to get it back running. My car initially came without air matic with the v8 suspension setup. I didn't notice that the xenons were not levelling after all these years so I used it for 2 years then code start popping up saying "headlamp cornering currently unavailable". So I took it to Merc service centre they told something is wrong with the steering column/rack and it needs replacement which plays another reason on why the headlights cornering are not working. Before I replace it I would like to get your advice on whether should I proceed with the replacement as it would cost me about 8k Malaysian ringgit to do so.
PS: Both lights are not levelling as it doesn't move up or down or left or right during start up or aftwr start up

Last edited by Thaya60; 02-23-2019 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,417 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto
Check actuator wiring per attached bulletin before proceeding.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
82.10_626.pdf (111.0 KB, 282 views)
Old 02-25-2019, 03:07 AM
Banned

cls 350 w219
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Check actuator wiring per attached bulletin before proceeding.
Tq brother checked and the wires seem to be ok. So I bought myself a vedis scan tool and the first code it popped up was rear actuator faulty, I believe the rear axle sensors are faulty. I cleared the fault code and I saw the headlights were moving left and right during the cleaning procedure.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:47 AM
Banned

cls 350 w219
Originally Posted by Thaya60
Tq brother checked and the wires seem to be ok. So I bought myself a vedis scan tool and the first code it popped up was rear actuator faulty, I believe the rear axle sensors are faulty. I cleared the fault code and I saw the headlights were moving left and right during the cleaning procedure.
The lights stop functioning again and the fault codes that appeared were, somehow the rear sensor codes are not stored no more.

90B2 Component E2m2 (right dynamic curve illumination motor) or the lead is faulty

9020 Component E2m1 (right headlamp range adjustment motor) or the lead is faulty. not present