SBC Problem, Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w219
SBC Problem, Help!

Hi guys,
I have a problem with the braking system on a w219 from 2006. From time to time when I start the engine I get an error message "Reduced breaking power, Depress breaking pedal fully". I tend to get this if I'm in a hurry and I start the engine and try to leave instantly. Most of the time it happens when I'm in a petrol station. To make it work I turn the engine off, I press the pedal a couple of times just until I can hear the pump working, after the pump stops I start the engine and everything is fine. I've read somewhere that the pump should start working when you open the door but most of the time mine only starts working when I turn the ignition on.

Both batteries are 7 months old. I measured the big battery and it has 12.5V with engine off and 14.3V with engine on.
The error codes that I have are:
C26DE Hydraulic fault: Malfunction in pressure supply
C26BA Hydraulic fault: Malfunction in pressure supply
C25D4 Hydraulic fault: A7/3y6 (Left front inlet control valve)
C225C Event: ABS control
C269A Hydraulic Fault: Brake operating unit (BOU)

These codes are not from a STAR diagnostic tool.
It seems that the problem started to appear after I went to the dealer and asked them to conduct a diagnose as I was permanently getting an error message "Service brake! Visit workshop!" They managed to delete this error and they said nothing is wrong. (I think they also updated the software).
Hope you guys can guide me a little bit.
Many thanks.