CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

Batteries, So much misinformation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2020, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 550
Batteries, So much misinformation

So after hours of reading online sites and videos, and sooo many of them contradicting each other, I've come back here to the experts! My 07 CLS550 is experiencing slow cranking, occasionally even giving up on turning over with an ABS dash warning or other at the end of trying. However it always starts in the end on a second try by myself...or it will go days of fine starting.
So, I decided its time for a new battery..........BUT which one??! Some sites are saying the auxillary under the hood while others say the main in the trunk?! Still other say if its the trunk one, don't even bother attaching a battery memory keeper, just yank and replace it, no problems, while others say be sure and disconnect the neg terminal from the front FIRST if replacing the trunk battery.

Help with accurate info please!!!

P.S. Already bought the Interstate AGM battery for trunk, but haven't tried it yet, so still returnable.
Old 12-13-2020, 09:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
07 has only one battery. Switch off all electrical consumers - climate control, radio, etc. Remove key. Disconnect ground line and protect it against unintentional contact. Remove battery.

Last edited by konigstiger; 12-13-2020 at 09:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
drose224 (02-04-2021)
Old 12-13-2020, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 550
Oh that helps make this soo easy, thanks! Hopefully I won't have to reset the radio code, but I can probably find it in the manual.