Very rare long crank (warm start)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2021 | 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes e500
Very rare long crank (warm start)

Safety wishes to all

W219 550 m273 (2010) 155k miles on it, no check engine light, no codes, runs smoothly without any problems..

Sometimes i noticed that it cranks longer than normal ( 7 to 8 seconds ) not in cold start (In cold start it starts normally) , but during the warm start sometimes (Rarely) i noticed it takes longer time in crank,

I drive the car in a hot zone (North Africa),

I need to know what makes it cranking longer, the problem not frequently happens, but i think should i know what was senarios can make it crank like that..

Note: Actually the problem is rarely happens and its happening in warm start not COLD !!!

Thx so much
Old 08-24-2021 | 02:22 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by zamax517
Safety wishes to all

W219 550 m273 (2010) 155k miles on it, no check engine light, no codes, runs smoothly without any problems..

Sometimes i noticed that it cranks longer than normal ( 7 to 8 seconds ) not in cold start (In cold start it starts normally) , but during the warm start sometimes (Rarely) i noticed it takes longer time in crank,

I drive the car in a hot zone (North Africa),

I need to know what makes it cranking longer, the problem not frequently happens, but i think should i know what was senarios can make it crank like that..

Note: Actually the problem is rarely happens and its happening in warm start not COLD !!!

Thx so much

I have this same issue with no error lights or codes on my w207, nobody seems to know what it is. When it long cranks have you tried tapping the gas? When I tap the gas and it starts right up.
Old 09-01-2021 | 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLS350
Same issue...
MB service technician says - clogged fuel injectors or fuel pump failure.
I will try to diagnose it with Xentry.
Old 09-03-2021 | 03:17 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2010 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by dkmi
Same issue...
MB service technician says - clogged fuel injectors or fuel pump failure.
I will try to diagnose it with Xentry.
Too bad the tech couldn't give a more definitive answer. Any luck with the xentry? I'm guessing mine may be a similar issue. I was going to try replacing the fuel pump myself to see if that fixed it.