07 CLS550 Instrument Cluster Backlight NOT illuminating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2023, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mercedes Benz CLS550
07 CLS550 Instrument Cluster Backlight NOT illuminating

W219 CLS550
The backlight for the tachometer, speedometer and clock which would display the numbers isn’t illuminating however, the needle/pointer lights are working.
-(Bare with me on this) Looked at a different forum that suggested I open up the dashboard and check the conductor flap for the light connection via the circuit board for a blocked conduction due to the adhesive melting overtime in hotter regions

-I’ve tried replacing the entire dashboard and installed in a refurbished one..No luck
The refurbished dashboard wouldn’t display the car miles showing ———— (maybe needed programming) Put the old one right back..

-I’ve also tried looking for a fuse and both instrument cluster related fuses were fine.
-Looked through the entire car setting interface and couldn’t find anything related

I’ve had this semi-problem from the day I bought this car and still can’t get to the bottom of it. PLEASE HELP

Attached Thumbnails 07 CLS550 Instrument Cluster Backlight NOT illuminating-b470359d-25a3-4339-9e06-dc9be65175b9.jpeg