CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

H7 LED Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2023, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 CLS550
H7 LED Issues

I've been trying to upgrade my high beam and fog light bulbs for a while now, but I haven't had any luck.

I've tried multiple bulbs with different designs, some of which had the in-line "anti-flicker harness" however since my car has the AMG appearance package, so the fog lights are H7 bulbs, with an adapter to the H11 harness, the bulbs with the heat sync and fan do not fit because of the clamp and the rear fog light seal. Same for the high beams, the back cover and the mounting clip, prevent me from using the bulbs with the fan on the back. It's hard enough to find the direct mount H7 LEDs, let alone any that are actually CANBUS compatible. I tried
These These
as they would fit perfectly and were supposed to be anti flicker, etc. However as soon as I turned my lights on, I would get errors on the dash, and the lights would come on for a few seconds, and then go off again and again.

I really just want to see if anyone has a specific recommendation for LED bulbs in this style that actually work with these cars.
Old 09-17-2023, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 459 Likes on 398 Posts
2005 CLS55 AMG W219 C219
I only upgraded the dipped beams with LED, specifically for the reasons that you are mentioning...

I have a CLS55 btw