CLS Coupe (C219) Discuss the CLS Coupe.

2008 CLS550 over heating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2024, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLS550
2008 CLS550 over heating

I've recently noticed I get the temp warning in the middle dash screen (the temp symbol) I noticed I get this when the weather outside is hot and I drive with or without the AC. It doesn't happen all the time but lately its been more frequent. Just yesterday I was driving and I noticed the warning again so I stop and opened the hood and didn't see the fan on. I borrowed an Autel scanner from a friend and I got DTC 0694 M4/7 (Engine and AC electric suction fan with integrated control) : Output Stage. I wanted to see if anyone else seen this before. The diagnostic scanner states its either the wiring or the fan. I unplugged the connector from the fan and using a tester on the pin for the red cable and get a light and 12.1v I also went to the fuse box under the passenger and get a light with 12.1v on the fuse box for this connector. I assume the wiring is good and just the fan with the module needs to be replaced?

Could this also possibly be a coolant temp sensor going bad that's not telling the ECU the engine is hot? For now I was planning on just going with what the diagnostic scanner said, so I just purchase a used Bosch fan off ebay. I kept reading that the VDO fans from FCP euro tend to be bad based on the reviews.

Any help on this work be appreciated. I recently started to do all the work on my 2008 CLS550 to save money and not take it to the dealer. This is my second project/issue with me doing it myself and wanted to make sure I'm on the right track and not just throwing parts at it.