anyone know what a lease would be like?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 03:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone know what a lease would be like?

hey,
i might want to lease a cls500 when they come out,does anyone have a ballpark figure of how much it would cost? obviously more than an e500,any help is much appreciated,thanks!
Old 01-13-2005, 03:44 AM

2004 Dodge Viper Mamba Edition - White
Originally Posted by EclassOzz
hey,
i might want to lease a cls500 when they come out,does anyone have a ballpark figure of how much it would cost? obviously more than an e500,any help is much appreciated,thanks!
If you are planning to lease it, do NOT get the car in the first month of its release date. You will get #@$%^! by most dealers because they know that demand is high and most people will end up paying over $1,000 a month with 0 down for 60 months. However, if you are patient, you mind end up getting a CLS 55 AMG for the same money!
Old 01-13-2005, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL-500 (mine), Ferrari Spider convertible (was Husbands, mine now!)
Try the MB website lease calculator and use the E55, since the CLS is not on there until the 17th.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Natalie
Try the MB website lease calculator and use the E55, since the CLS is not on there until the 17th.
I wouldn't use the MB calculator because the leases are pretty high there. I would probably use an independent leasing company like Lineback.com or AutoLeaseUSA.net which are well known in the industry.

P.S. I do not work with them nor am I associated with them in anyway but I do hope they can help you out.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:33 PM

CLS55
how do you figure the lease amount will be higher when the car comes out? is it because you think their residual values will be off from reality? it could quite possibly be the opposite then too.

i was planning on leasing too because MBs just dont hold their values. if MB doesn't have a good program, i'll use an outside company too.

Originally Posted by NelsonExotics
If you are planning to lease it, do NOT get the car in the first month of its release date. You will get #@$%^! by most dealers because they know that demand is high and most people will end up paying over $1,000 a month with 0 down for 60 months. However, if you are patient, you mind end up getting a CLS 55 AMG for the same money!
Old 01-14-2005, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by vrracr
how do you figure the lease amount will be higher when the car comes out? is it because you think their residual values will be off from reality? it could quite possibly be the opposite then too.

i was planning on leasing too because MBs just dont hold their values. if MB doesn't have a good program, i'll use an outside company too.
Just from previous experiences over the past few years, I have noticed that all the people who lease cars that are newly introduced in the US, tend to have leases MUCH higher than those who wait at least a couple of months.

One of the obvious reasons why is because dealers take advantage of those who don't really understand how a lease works and they just inflate the prices. Believe it or not, some of the things that dealers do are ilegal and they can be prosecuted if they are caught because they don't tell the customers that they are paying over the MSRP plus other hidden costs.

In the other hand, if you wait, you can compare lease deals that people have gotten throughout the country and then negotiate with the dealer. Afterall, the dealer will rather make a small profit than to lose a sale.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:38 PM

CLS55
maybe i'll get a quote from a secondary lease company and take it with me to MB when I do my deal just so i can compare apples to apples. thanks for the heads up.

Originally Posted by NelsonExotics
Just from previous experiences over the past few years, I have noticed that all the people who lease cars that are newly introduced in the US, tend to have leases MUCH higher than those who wait at least a couple of months.

One of the obvious reasons why is because dealers take advantage of those who don't really understand how a lease works and they just inflate the prices. Believe it or not, some of the things that dealers do are ilegal and they can be prosecuted if they are caught because they don't tell the customers that they are paying over the MSRP plus other hidden costs.

In the other hand, if you wait, you can compare lease deals that people have gotten throughout the country and then negotiate with the dealer. Afterall, the dealer will rather make a small profit than to lose a sale.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:35 PM

maybe i'll get a quote from a secondary lease company and take it with me to MB when I do my deal just so i can compare apples to apples. thanks for the heads up.
That is probably the best thing you can do. Good luck!
Old 01-15-2005, 08:47 PM

SL550
Agreed...I need to lease for business purposes and will be taking the same route. It all depends on the money factors and residuals, and hopefully M-B won't be ridiculous on either and tick off some good customers paying sticker or more for this car. Unfortunately a lot of people who lease have no idea what "residual" or "money factor" means, and could get hosed on both without having a clue.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:55 PM

2002 S500 & 2004 CLK320
Lets get back to reality folks,,, If your looking for a killer deal on a CLS,, DONT!!! The car is just coming out. To new,, Dont expect a killer deal. The car will go way above sticker for atleast a good 6 months. Sorry to burst your bubble on this one. Its called Supply and Demand. If your looking for a killer deal, I suggest going for an ML or a C class..

sorry
Old 01-15-2005, 09:51 PM

2004 ML350, 2000 C280 Sport
Hi everyone.... Just a couple of responses :

First, the CLS500's base is $64,900 plus $720 D&D and $1300 gas guzzler. So you can spec out an E500 4MATIC almost loaded (think in the low $70s) to get your ballpark lease payment. As it has already been mentioned, money factors and residuals (which can vary from lender to lender) determine lease payments as well as MSRP and selling price. So it may be tough to do an apples to apples comparison.
Secondly, there are some dealers that do not charge over MSRP and with a rumor I heard today, production is supposed to be limited on the CLS500. As to what that number is, I have no idea. But you can bet that with as smokin' hot as this car is, dealers will lose as sale because there will be someone else who will pay sticker (or more unfortunately).
And last, as with all AMG products, the CLS55 will be a rare bird probably $8-9k more on the base and the gas guzzler should be more too. In larger markets it may be easier to get one but you surely will be on a waiting list. With the 55 not expected to drop until end of Feb or first of March, you will have to be patient Unless you put at least $10k down, the math doesn't make sense that you could get a 55 for the same payment as a 500.

Last edited by MBFemme; 01-15-2005 at 10:40 PM.