Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT S & 1st Local Car Show reactions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 08:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 AMG GTS, 2014 Cadillac CTS, 2013 Cadillac Escalde EXT, 1964 Pontiac Bonneville
GT S & 1st Local Car Show reactions

My local mall has an every other Monday car show 700-1000 cars + depending on the weather. I usually take the 64" Pontic Bonneville Ambulance to the show the kids love it always a big hit with the light's and siren.

So yesterday I decided to be adventurous thought nothing special about it and took the GT S to the show. There is the always the awesome Corvette section your group of vintage classic 60's & 70's muscle cars your cool Porsche's, Hyper cars and many other great groups of cars strange and quarky.

So I pull up again thinking nothing of it just another brick in the wall park near the few classic MB's and hipster cool kids supped up Subaru's, boy how wrong was I. With all the awesome cars the crowd quickly migrated over to see the only GT S at the show it was like a unicorn what is that the kids would ask I felt like a rock star. We had so much fun showing off the GT S and talking about the car and hanging out with everyone. Closed out the show with the director wanting to do a photo shoot for his promo, I had to politely tell him sorry no time today maybe next show!!

Thought I would share the joy I had with my brother GT S owners.

Dr. G
Old 06-14-2016, 11:05 PM
AHI

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
AMG GTR
I believe it. I don't take mine out into public areas much, but this car gets more attention than my Lamborghini for some reason.

It's that long hood, and big ***
Old 06-15-2016, 10:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
16 AMG GTS, 17 Huracan, 18 GLE 43
Agree with both of you..picked up the car a month ago and a lot of thumbs ups and 2nd looks around the hood..

On the road and when I park it... questions,photo's and attention

I'm in TO as well ...

Designo Magno Selenite Grey
AMG cross-spoke forged, Titanium
silver chrome pkg
Old 06-15-2016, 12:37 PM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
GTS AMG
Same here on car shows

Usually, as I'm pulling in, there are several individuals taking pictures. It makes you feel like a rock star and I can't even play a guitar.

Like you, I always get lots of questions on the car and its performance.

I had a Red Ferrari before the GTS and it also created lots of attention.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:59 PM

2016 AMG GTS, 2014 Cadillac CTS, 2013 Cadillac Escalde EXT, 1964 Pontiac Bonneville
Red Ferrari that sound like a blast to take to a show I fell in love with that car from the move "Farris Bueller's day off" they are unbeleable and none at the show by me also like a Unicorn. There were a few Lamborghini it's a supper sweet ride as well never had the opportunity to drive either maybe one day....

Funny thing to "CAracer" headed to Austin in December to attend AMG Driving Academy @ Circuit of the Americas track bring the Ferrari!! To "AHI" was just in Toronto last week great time awesome amazing city hit Second City & Chill Bar with my daughter and a spot Downtown called The Keg for a great steak dinner for the 20th. Best was the Jays game my son and I saw maybe we will see a crazy Cubs vs. Jays World Series, then I can drive the Lambo too
and hit the bucket list trifecta of cars still this year ... ....
Old 06-16-2016, 01:08 AM
AHI

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts
AMG GTR
Originally Posted by Z1ski

I'm in TO as well ...

Designo Magno Selenite Grey
AMG cross-spoke forged, Titanium
silver chrome pkg
We have twin cars! But I blacked out all the chrome... Painted the grill too.

Originally Posted by Dr. Graphx
Red Ferrari that sound like a blast to take to a show I fell in love with that car from the move "Farris Bueller's day off" they are unbeleable and none at the show by me also like a Unicorn. There were a few Lamborghini it's a supper sweet ride as well never had the opportunity to drive either maybe one day....

Funny thing to "CAracer" headed to Austin in December to attend AMG Driving Academy @ Circuit of the Americas track bring the Ferrari!! To "AHI" was just in Toronto last week great time awesome amazing city hit Second City & Chill Bar with my daughter and a spot Downtown called The Keg for a great steak dinner for the 20th. Best was the Jays game my son and I saw maybe we will see a crazy Cubs vs. Jays World Series, then I can drive the Lambo too
and hit the bucket list trifecta of cars still this year ... ....
Haha sure. The keg is great. I remember you telling me a while back you were coming to Toronto, I told you to stay away from the CN tower restaurant. (Think it was you)
Old 06-16-2016, 09:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
16 AMG GTS, 17 Huracan, 18 GLE 43
Originally Posted by AHI
We have twin cars! But I blacked out all the chrome... Painted the grill too.

Nice ! ... we need to catch up sometime !

Came by the shop and you hooked me up with rubber/ 20's Verdes on my white 14 SL 550 and painted my calipers two years ago !

Haha sure. The keg is great. I remember you telling me a while back you were coming to Toronto, I told you to stay away from the CN tower restaurant. (Think it was you)
Old 06-16-2016, 10:41 PM

AHI yes it was me I took your advise on the food part at the CN Tower we just went for the view and business I do work for the federation of World tall towers so had to visit, and yes there is such a thing ....

I just read the thread about all the car noise troubles I Hope all your noises are gone, it would bug me to no extent as well. Thankfully I have had no troubles my only strange occurrence was the car locked up on me when I put it in reverse after a car wash one day. I thought the parking break was locked in place or at least that is what it felt like it only happened once, but no noises when the car is moving just the roar from the tail pipes and music blasting at times !!