Sponsored by:

Reduced Power After Hitting rev limiter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
Reduced Power After Hitting rev limiter

During spirited driving and when close or on rev limiter, once reached the vehicle kicks off boost and from there on forward regardless of what driving mode the vehicle is in the car goes into a reduced power mode. There are no warning lights on the dash or any messages of any kind, but it requires shutting the vehicle off and restarting it in order to revert back to normal. Anyone experienced this issue?
Old 10-18-2016, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 538 Likes on 337 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by redbull43
During spirited driving and when close or on rev limiter, once reached the vehicle kicks off boost and from there on forward regardless of what driving mode the vehicle is in the car goes into a reduced power mode. There are no warning lights on the dash or any messages of any kind, but it requires shutting the vehicle off and restarting it in order to revert back to normal. Anyone experienced this issue?

SUGGESTION: Take the car back to the dealer. More than likely you need a software upgrade. They will be able to see if any codes were trapped and fix the issues.

QUESTIONS:

1. What is your Manufacture Date (on your drivers door)
2. Have had the car into the dealer for service recently?

Regards
Old 10-18-2016, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by redbull43

I experienced that AFTER I tuned my car (beta testing a tune) and it was due to the TQ limits of the ECU being exceeded. It almost always happened when I was in Auto Mode, Sport Plus, and my acceleration caused the gear to drop from 7 to 4. This bumped the TQ way over threshold (tuned of course) and it would go into limp mode. I would get a CEL light though and then when I brought it back to the tuner, they adjusted to limits accordingly with zero current issues.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
AMG
I have the same issue in my GTS
I wont state the tuner name because they were nice enough to ask me to do a series of tests with the Benz dealer here in Bahrain, hopefully they have found the issue. Sending my ECU this week to them so they can have the issue solved.
It happens quite regularly to me, car can be any mode, after a good beating the turbos stop working, have to restart the car and all goes back to normal until i floor it again
Old 11-05-2016, 04:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2004 911 gt3
Originally Posted by Vic55
I experienced that AFTER I tuned my car (beta testing a tune) and it was due to the TQ limits of the ECU being exceeded. It almost always happened when I was in Auto Mode, Sport Plus, and my acceleration caused the gear to drop from 7 to 4. This bumped the TQ way over threshold (tuned of course) and it would go into limp mode. I would get a CEL light though and then when I brought it back to the tuner, they adjusted to limits accordingly with zero current issues.
I got no cel or any dash msg .
No boost, zero
Old 11-05-2016, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 538 Likes on 337 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by MStach
I got no cel or any dash msg .
No boost, zero
BUT is your car tuned by someone other than MB??

Either way the issue may be with the tune flashed to your ECU.

They or MB may need to "adjust" the parameters.

Regards.