Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Losing the conection to your car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 09:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 AMG GTS, 2014 Cadillac CTS, 2013 Cadillac Escalde EXT, 1964 Pontiac Bonneville
Losing the conection to your car...

Good Evening ,
So this is not a post about losing my good grace with my GTs, on the contrary it's a post as to how awesome the car is. I try to be practical I know there's lots guy's out there that have the space and the means along with a good climate to deal with and drive many different kinds of awesome cars. However living in the Windy City offers limited day's of good weather and open roads to enjoy our cars as they are meant to be driven.

So this is the story of what happened to me one day driving downtown to work this spring in my knock around spots car you know the extra one .

My beloved 2008 BMW M3 bought her from a desperate source in 2009 great deal and enjoyed the car for 8 years. I gave it many personal touches and kept it in great shape however lately I found myself wising I was driving my GTs every-time I was driving the M. So after 65k miles an out of warrantee car and the loud *** magna-flow muffler I installed (back when I was young) were the major issues I had, otherwise a great car that I enjoyed and was so proud of.

Then it hit me my connection to the car was gone just like that as fast as it was here it was gone. So I found a great spring time trade got top dollar I basically swapped cars and picked up for my wife a more practical family sedan that we needed, (a slightly used 2014 Cadillac CTS luxury 3.6 fully loaded) not quite an M3 but the wife is happy with her surprise and that's priceless to me.

I have owned many many cars in my life and can't remember losing the connection like that with a car I intended on keeping, but I guess if you own an AMG GTs it makes perfect sense !!
Attached Thumbnails Losing the conection to your car...-img_1168.jpg   Losing the conection to your car...-img_1169.jpg   Losing the conection to your car...-img_1167.jpg   Losing the conection to your car...-img_1166.jpg  
Old 05-08-2017, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Well said. The M looked very well taken care off and making the boss happy will go a long way for future car purchases