Sponsored by:

AMG GT C Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 12:49 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
GLE 350d
AMG GT C Coupe

AMG GT C Coupe reviews are finally starting to roll out and they are quite positive:

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/mer...0-review/36717

http://www.evo.co.uk/mercedes/amg-gt...-is-a-supercar

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mercede...-c-2017-review

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review...-c-2017-review

https://www.motoring.com.au/mercedes...review-108812/

For those who were previously asking, it seems that the stiff ride has been sorted out and that the GT C (in comfort mode) handles smoother than the GT and GT S. That said, this could simply be an improvement over last year's models and it is possible that the 2018 GT and GT S are also smoother than prior models.

Still awaiting word on a release date from port, but hope to have this in my possession in 2-3 weeks.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:36 AM

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts
GT3
Ok nice. I am currently about to put a deposit down on a GTR. But I think the GTC has a bit more class without the rear wing and some of the other aesthetics of the GTR. But it keeps the wider rear and the aggressive vents in the rear bumper and whatnot. If I could get a GTR with out the wing, I would. But maybe I should wait for the C. But spring is such a long ways away lol.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:46 AM

GLE 350d
Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Ok nice. I am currently about to put a deposit down on a GTR. But I think the GTC has a bit more class without the rear wing and some of the other aesthetics of the GTR. But it keeps the wider rear and the aggressive vents in the rear bumper and whatnot. If I could get a GTR with out the wing, I would. But maybe I should wait for the C. But spring is such a long ways away lol.
I agree with you - I have never been one for big spoilers and don't see myself tracking the car frequently, if at all, so that's why I went with the C coupe. I feel like it is a baby GT R, and likely better suited to road driving. That said, if you plan to track the car, or are into the engineering of it all, the traction control on the GT R seems to be a pretty wild feature and the rear wing will help with traction. As well, after seeing the GT R in person, I don't find the rear wing to look obnoxious at all and actually think it suits the car quite well.

When it comes to the wait, it seems like nobody can predict when any of these will arrive or be available for release. Mine is either presently in Halifax (since August 29) or is en route to the dealer, but beyond that, I've been told I may have it as soon as next week or it may be several months away.

Whichever way you decide to go, I think you'll be pleased.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:54 AM

GT3
Originally Posted by Jtamindzic
I agree with you - I have never been one for big spoilers and don't see myself tracking the car frequently, if at all, so that's why I went with the C coupe. I feel like it is a baby GT R, and likely better suited to road driving. That said, if you plan to track the car, or are into the engineering of it all, the traction control on the GT R seems to be a pretty wild feature and the rear wing will help with traction. As well, after seeing the GT R in person, I don't find the rear wing to look obnoxious at all and actually think it suits the car quite well.

When it comes to the wait, it seems like nobody can predict when any of these will arrive or be available for release. Mine is either presently in Halifax (since August 29) or is en route to the dealer, but beyond that, I've been told I may have it as soon as next week or it may be several months away.

Whichever way you decide to go, I think you'll be pleased.
You have a GTC coupe on the way? I presume it's the Edition 50 since the regular C hasn't been officially announced yet. Or is it a roadster?
Old 09-14-2017, 11:05 AM

GLE 350d
You have a GTC coupe on the way? I presume it's the Edition 50 since the regular C hasn't been officially announced yet. Or is it a roadster?
Yes - edition 50. Pretty excited, though it was a strange experience ordering a new car and not having any choice in options / configuration. It's pretty loaded so not much of an issue, however I would have added the active engine and transmission mounts if I were given the choice.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:08 AM

GLE 350d
Yes - edition 50. Pretty excited, though it was a strange experience ordering a new car and not having any choice in options / configuration. It's pretty loaded so not much of an issue, however I would have added the active engine and transmission mounts if I were given the choice.

This is the Canadian configuration:

Old 09-14-2017, 11:11 AM

GT3
Man... lucky!

That's a sexy car for sure.

I'm going to put a refundable deposit down on the GTR. And hopefully by the time it's built and at the dealer, the GTC will be available for order. That way I secure my spot for an R. But maybe can still hold out for the C.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:22 AM

GLE 350d
Man... lucky!

That's a sexy car for sure.

I'm going to put a refundable deposit down on the GTR. And hopefully by the time it's built and at the dealer, the GTC will be available for order. That way I secure my spot for an R. But maybe can still hold out for the C.

See if they'll allow you to put one deposit to cover both (or half the amount on each car) and then firm up once they have an allocation for you. Both cars will be in high demand so I doubt they would have an issue with this.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:30 AM

GT3
See if they'll allow you to put one deposit to cover both (or half the amount on each car) and then firm up once they have an allocation for you. Both cars will be in high demand so I doubt they would have an issue with this.
Well the GTR is already ordered. It goes into production in November. I am able to put a deposit down on the build slot, which is already confirmed. So that car will probably be built and delivered before the GTC is available for order. But I'll definitely ask.