Is there a Body change for 2018 GTS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 219 Likes on 155 Posts
2018 Solarbeam Yellow AMG GTS
Is there a Body change for 2018 GTS?

I’ve been looking to get the Renntech side skirts for my new 2018 GTS. Asked Renntech if the skirts would fit, they said no. They said there was a body change. I thought it only affected the front end. Why wouldn’t the side skirts fit? Hmmm.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:28 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes-AMG
Originally Posted by thecutter64
I’ve been looking to get the Renntech side skirts for my new 2018 GTS. Asked Renntech if the skirts would fit, they said no. They said there was a body change. I thought it only affected the front end. Why wouldn’t the side skirts fit? Hmmm.

We are sorry for the communications issue. Yes, the 2018 GT S is a Facelifted model with a modified body. However, the main differences are just in the front Bumper.
Our Side Rocker Panels/Skirts, Rear Diffuser and Rear Wing will still fit all GT and GT S models.

Due to the change in the front bumper to the Panamericana Grill, our front splitter will not fit.

Also, due to the widebody on the GT C and GT R, only the Rear Wing will fit these models(non-convertible). The Side Skirts, Rear Diffuser and Front Splitter won't fit.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

https://www.renntechmercedes.com/ind...2018/gt-s-2018
Old 01-30-2018, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 165 Posts
Porsche guy who drives SL63 w/ perf pkg AND perf suspension
usually unless the whole car is changed, like the R230 / R231 SL cars, a body will stay the same and only the bumpers and bolt on hood, front fenders will change. If they add a Widebody, that will change the whole rear side quarters of the car. Like 911 carrera narrow bodies vs turbo widebody.
In the case of the new C & R they have changed the rear quarters to wide. So doesnt matter about the front treatment, the rear quarters are now wide and nothing for narrow bodies will fit anything on the wide side quarters. Anything you try to do beyond parts that will fit narrow body cars will have to be aftermkt conversion type parts