AMG GTS Radar Detector Mirror Tap or Fuse Box (front or rear)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2018 | 10:47 AM

AMG GTS
AMG GTS Radar Detector Mirror Tap or Fuse Box (front or rear)

I have a 2016 AMG GTS and I just purchased a Uniden R3. I've been searching endlessly for install solutions for the mirror tap / dome light and fuse box (in passenger seat or back left rear trunk area). I cannot find a definitive solution for either.

Can someone confirm either solution? I prefer a mirror tap, opposed to the fuse box which is oddly located in the GTS.

Here is a post to reference a parallel conversation.MB World Radar Install discussion options

Thank you.
Old 05-13-2018 | 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 AMG SL63
Originally Posted by Kevin Hein
I have a 2016 AMG GTS and I just purchased a Uniden R3. I've been searching endlessly for install solutions for the mirror tap / dome light and fuse box (in passenger seat or back left rear trunk area). I cannot find a definitive solution for either.

Can someone confirm either solution? I prefer a mirror tap, opposed to the fuse box which is oddly located in the GTS.

Here is a post to reference a parallel conversation.MB World Radar Install discussion options

Thank you.
There is another detailed discussion somewhere which I participated in wherein I posted photos. No, I don't have the URL. Anyway, my installer tapped into the fuse box under the passenger seat well, a fused link that turned off when the car was off, and ran the cord in back of the lower dash panels over to the driver's A pillar, up the pillar, under the windshield cladding and out just to the left of the mirror where my Valentine resides. Perfect install.

The following users liked this post:
Kevin Hein (05-13-2018)
Old 05-13-2018 | 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 Solarbeam Yellow AMG GTS
The following users liked this post:
California John (05-13-2018)