Sponsored by:

GTR PRO Allocation Received!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 12:27 PM

Received 129 Likes on 82 Posts
fun ones.
Originally Posted by MG1422
Is there an option to delete the stripes on the exterior?
yes.

but they’re only vinyl, easier to spec and tear them off if you don’t like them.

my car will be stripe free.
The following users liked this post:
MG1422 (04-15-2019)
Old 04-08-2019, 12:31 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts
So i’ve kept it Selenite Grey Magno with the green Stripe, Black Nappa with Silver Contrast Stitching and silver seatbelts, added carbon fiber door sills and Burmester High End Surround Sound. I was wrong earlier looks like it’s coming with matte carbon fiber interior trim.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:47 PM

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
2021 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cpe (992); 2023 Taycan GTS sedan
Another $0.02 On The GTR PRO Build

Originally Posted by sroumeliotis@eurogermantown.com
So i’ve kept it Selenite Grey Magno with the green Stripe, Black Nappa with Silver Contrast Stitching and silver seatbelts, added carbon fiber door sills and Burmester High End Surround Sound. I was wrong earlier looks like it’s coming with matte carbon fiber interior trim.
Agree with staying with silver on this car. I like yellow with Green Magno, Black, Blue even red but I think silver is better here and less likely to be a negative than yellow would on this car with potential buyers. There's no doubt that your PRO will sell even if it came with lawn chairs instead of racing buckets. Good that the GT R PRO comes standard with the interior night package. It looks as if you're making the right choice for the door sill - CF fits a track car more than illuminated door sills. Hope this car goes to a good Brand Ambassador who will use the car as it's intended.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 959 Likes on 576 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by WhiteBlack
yes.

but they’re only vinyl, easier to spec and tear them off if you don’t like them.

my car will be stripe free.
I thought you said you weren’t going to buy one. What changed your mind?

Bish
Old 04-08-2019, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
Originally Posted by AtTheGlen
Agree with staying with silver on this car. I like yellow with Green Magno, Black, Blue even red but I think silver is better here and less likely to be a negative than yellow would on this car with potential buyers. There's no doubt that your PRO will sell even if it came with lawn chairs instead of racing buckets. Good that the GT R PRO comes standard with the interior night package. It looks as if you're making the right choice for the door sill - CF fits a track car more than illuminated door sills. Hope this car goes to a good Brand Ambassador who will use the car as it's intended.
I’m not sure if it comes with anything other than the standard GT R seats here in the USA. Hope I’m wrong though.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:50 PM

Received 105 Likes on 66 Posts
'18 AMG GTC, '96 BMW 318i, '10 Audi Q5 (wife)
When do you have to lock the order? I can't believe someone won't take the slot and build it to their preference. With the grey magno exterior, the yellow stitching seems like it might clash. High end burmeister for sure. However it turns out, you guys deserve an allocation. It's great we can have this thread!!
Old 04-11-2019, 04:34 AM

fun ones.
Originally Posted by thebishman
I thought you said you weren’t going to buy one. What changed your mind?

Bish
I've been bribed!

I had a very nice all expenses paid trip to Germany courtesy of MB recently when I started making unhappy noises. I was 100% out when the UK was fixed spec but now that we can at least change the colour and the wheels I'm back in.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
I've been bribed!

I had a very nice all expenses paid trip to Germany courtesy of MB recently when I started making unhappy noises. I was 100% out when the UK was fixed spec but now that we can at least change the colour and the wheels I'm back in.
Nothing wrong with a little bribery at times!!! lol

Give us your spec when you can.

Bish
Old 04-11-2019, 11:19 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Originally Posted by MG1422
Is there an option to delete the stripes on the exterior?
Yes there is an option to omit the stripe.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:32 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ml63
Yes there is an option to omit the stripe.
Can you explain why a customer isn’t/can’t configuring this car? Your asking the option from people on a forum, who most likely will not be the one spending well over 200k buying the car. Just curios.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:15 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Td33
Can you explain why a customer isn’t/can’t configuring this car? Your asking the option from people on a forum, who most likely will not be the one spending well over 200k buying the car. Just curios.
This forum is heavily populated with people who are willing to, and do buy these types of vehicles. Doesn’t hurt to get the opinion of those in the community. There is no buyer for this car yet, which is why I’m not consulting with them. Also it’s fun to talk about, right?
The following 2 users liked this post by EuroGermantown:
AtTheGlen (04-15-2019), California John (04-13-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 09:19 AM

fun ones.
This forum is heavily populated with people who are willing to, and do buy these types of vehicles. Doesn’t hurt to get the opinion of those in the community. There is no buyer for this car yet, which is why I’m not consulting with them. Also it’s fun to talk about, right?
so I guess you’ll be asking for overs then?
Old 04-13-2019, 10:25 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ml63
always fun to talk about cars.

SAD there is no buyer for this very limited special car. Maybe MB should start taking lessons from Porsche.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:29 AM

fun ones.
Originally Posted by Td33
always fun to talk about cars.

SAD there is no buyer for this very limited special car. Maybe MB should start taking lessons from Porsche.
🤦🏻*♂️
Old 04-13-2019, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
so I guess you’ll be asking for overs then?
I don't think they ever asked for anything over MSRP when the GT R was first released, even though the typical douchebags in CA were trying to get $50K over, etc.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:47 AM

fun ones.
I don't think they ever asked for anything over MSRP when the GT R was first released, even though the typical douchebags in CA were trying to get $50K over, etc.
then I don’t get the purpose of the exercise.

just putting a weird spec on a car that isn’t going to be exactly what anyone wants just seems pointless.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:00 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

then I don’t get the purpose of the exercise.

just putting a weird spec on a car that isn’t going to be exactly what anyone wants just seems pointless.
We get allocated a car regardless whether we have a buyer or not. Have to spec it out to something - I don’t think the advertised color and interior on every poster board are necessarily a weird spec, however that’s why I posted it out here for input.

Also Bish is right, we never charged over for any GTR or any new E63s when they first released for that matter. Even the Edition 1. I don’t know what the market will be on the Pro’s, this one wont even have a VIN for 5 months.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
We get allocated a car regardless whether we have a buyer or not. Have to spec it out to something - I don’t think the advertised color and interior on every poster board are necessarily a weird spec, however that’s why I posted it out here for input.

Also Bish is right, we never charged over for any GTR or any new E63s when they first released for that matter. Even the Edition 1. I don’t know what the market will be on the Pro’s, this one wont even have a VIN for 5 months.
Steven,

So you are in essence just placing a preliminary order to secure the allocation?

How long would a buyer have to change the allocation would be great info for you to share btw.

Bish
Old 04-13-2019, 06:43 PM

fun ones.

im surprised that there’s no market for the car there, not even one depositor? Getting one in UK isn’t impossible but all were accounted for late last year. My dealer has 10x more deposits than cars.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 700 Likes on 533 Posts
R Nine T
im surprised that there’s no market for the car there, not even one depositor? Getting one in UK isn’t impossible but all were accounted for late last year. My dealer has 10x more deposits than cars.
Not really

The GT3 guys are pouring out of their cars as the bubble has burst and the GTR guys got their cars.

How many people have 200k to run a track car ?
Old 04-13-2019, 07:00 PM

fun ones.
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Not really

The GT3 guys are pouring out of their cars as the bubble has burst and the GTR guys got their cars.

How many people have 200k to run a track car ?
Loads.

GT3 still making strong overs here although it has softened a little. New cars at list requires brown envelopes and tongues.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

‘24 BMW iX M60
Loads.

GT3 still making strong overs here although it has softened a little. New cars at list requires brown envelopes and tongues.
Unlike previous years, it seems Porsche made enough 991.2 GT3s and 3 RSs to satisfy demand this time. The brokers; flippers and dealers who ordered cars for fictitious buyers only to turn around and sell the car as ‘used’ for over MSRP are getting their comeuppance. About damn time.
JSwan724 (04-14-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 04:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GT3, GTR, 570S
OP, are you willing to take a deposit on this allocation at msrp and allow it to be spec'd by buyer? What is the production month of this allocation?
AMGBEASTMODE (04-14-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 05:17 AM

fun ones.
Unlike previous years, it seems Porsche made enough 991.2 GT3s and 3 RSs to satisfy demand this time. The brokers; flippers and dealers who ordered cars for fictitious buyers only to turn around and sell the car as ‘used’ for over MSRP are getting their comeuppance. About damn time.
Good, just a shame the same cannot be said of the UK.

I heard their were more 991.2 RS coming so I put some enquiries about. Best offer I had was buy this 991.1 RS (at £40k over list still ) and we may be able to secure you a 991.2 in a few months time. "May be able"!!!!
Old 04-15-2019, 10:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
991 gt3, GL350, X5 5.0 coming soon Mustang GT500, GTR PRO, GTR Black Series
Good, just a shame the same cannot be said of the UK.

I heard their were more 991.2 RS coming so I put some enquiries about. Best offer I had was buy this 991.1 RS (at £40k over list still ) and we may be able to secure you a 991.2 in a few months time. "May be able"!!!!

It's the same in Canada, they are selling for 50K min over list. The gt2rs is double that. It seems like the states received quite a few so the demand is balancing out slowly. By the time the 992 hits the showrooms, they will have made more RS's than regular gt3's yet they hold the value really well.
Mercedes, other than black series, typically depreciate like crazy here. Lets hope that the pro in limited numbers will be the start of an AMG that holds value really well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTR PRO Allocation Received!!!