Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JoyEAuto Carplay Installation Instructions (Works)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2020, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 437 Posts
AMG
Man, I wish these guys had the same device for Android Auto, would buy/install in a heartbeat.
Old 02-09-2020, 09:21 PM

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
C63
The rear camera works as normal. I cant select it separately, but when I go into reverse it works. Never tried a front camera, but there appears to be a config for it (and a line)
Old 02-09-2020, 09:21 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Orcbolg
Man, I wish these guys had the same device for Android Auto, would buy/install in a heartbeat.
It does apparently work for android too. Its all in the menu. I dont have an android phone though and cant test it.
The following users liked this post:
Orcbolg (02-09-2020)
Old 02-09-2020, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 437 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by trbofly
It does apparently work for android too. Its all in the menu. I dont have an android phone though and cant test it.
I believe it can just screen mirror an Android device, which means you can't manipulate anything from the car controls, and still need to use the phone to swipe around and such. Since I have my phone mounted already, it would kind of defeat the purpose of the JoyAuto, unless you could control it from the vehicle controls like the CarPlay.

Thanks for the heads up though, some folks might be into that functionality.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:41 PM

Received 108 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
The rear camera works as normal. I cant select it separately, but when I go into reverse it works. Never tried a front camera, but there appears to be a config for it (and a line)
when I looked at the hardware on the website I didn't see an input for another camera, is that on one of the harnesses so you can add another camera in addition to the factory one ?
Old 02-10-2020, 04:43 PM

C63
Originally Posted by realien
when I looked at the hardware on the website I didn't see an input for another camera, is that on one of the harnesses so you can add another camera in addition to the factory one ?
Yes, the harness has RCA for another camera. Not sure how it works though
Old 02-10-2020, 04:44 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Orcbolg
I believe it can just screen mirror an Android device, which means you can't manipulate anything from the car controls, and still need to use the phone to swipe around and such. Since I have my phone mounted already, it would kind of defeat the purpose of the JoyAuto, unless you could control it from the vehicle controls like the CarPlay.

Thanks for the heads up though, some folks might be into that functionality.
Really? Thats really stupid. I wish I had an android phone to test. I will see if someone at work has one.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:42 AM

Received 108 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
Yes, the harness has RCA for another camera. Not sure how it works though

nice I may have to add this to my list, justa front camera with NAVICS is like $300 so this is not a bad alternative and getting a lot more. I put after market carplay in my F150 an love it.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:42 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 AMG GT S (previous MBZ was a C32 AMG)
So has anyone installed the Navics or Joyeauto interface yet?
Both claim to be plug n play.
Joyeauto's advantage is that it has apple & android carplay/screen mirroring in addition to a front camera feed.

I reached out to both companies, and this is the info I got:

Joyeauto - located in Shenzhen City, China. Good communication and helpful so far

interface to purchase: Mercedes NTG5 CarPlay
https://www.joyeauto.com/product/mer...lay-interface/

front camera to purchase:
https://www.joyeauto.com/product/uni...o-carplay-box/
being told you would have to wire it to the tail light power, and the front camera will activate for 15 seconds from N/R gear to D gear

installation instructions:

By watching their video, it seems like your phone can connect to the original MB Bluetooth if you so wish, or, you can connect to the Joyeauto bluetooth to use the screen mirroring functionality. However, it seems like you would have to install the provided non-OEM microphone for BT calling. I wonder if you would be able to connect to both BT's at the same time, as I would prefer to use the OEM microphone (on the assumption that aftermarket mics are crap...just an assumption though)

Naviks - located in Brooklyn, NY. Good communication and helpful so far.

interface to purchase: NK-2708
https://naviks.com/i-24075606-2015-2...tegory:1136682

front camera to purchase:
https://naviks.com/i-24076698-front-...tegory:1207144

only was provided a demonstration video, but said installation instruction included in purchase:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z98y...ature=youtu.be

Thoughts?
Old 04-29-2021, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes GLK
When I found this product I was very interested. I watched the videos on how to install and it looked pretty straight forward.

So I started the install. The 3 minute video is terribly inaccurate. While I understand some editing, the process to install is closer to 6 hours. So beware.

Next, after connecting everything up I was not getting audio. I contacted support and since they are in china I had to wait till very late that day. The support person kept telling me to select "AUX" which I assured I did. Finally I sent a picture showing that it was selected. At that point they believed me.

I realized there is an aux port inside the console. So I connected the audio cable there and I got audio. But now there is a problem to install. That audio cable needs to go from the dash area and into the console (for which there is no path without removing the center console). This was going to take hours more.

The CarPlay interface works, but in a clunky way. Which I suppose is a limit of their video switch.

In addition there is so much stuff trying to be jammed behind the radio only Houdini could make it all fit. I tried for 2 hours and couldn't make it fit. Some Mercedes may have more space, but the GLK had none.

I was now convinced that this would not be acceptable.

So I contacted Joyeauto and asked to return the product (after all they have a 30-day return policy!). The response was "Sorry. we can't accept return for not the products quality problem." and "It is your problem".

Bottom line... Don't waste your time and money.
Orcbolg (04-29-2021)
Old 04-29-2021, 03:15 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Philip Graham
When I found this product I was very interested. I watched the videos on how to install and it looked pretty straight forward.

So I started the install. The 3 minute video is terribly inaccurate. While I understand some editing, the process to install is closer to 6 hours. So beware.

Next, after connecting everything up I was not getting audio. I contacted support and since they are in china I had to wait till very late that day. The support person kept telling me to select "AUX" which I assured I did. Finally I sent a picture showing that it was selected. At that point they believed me.

I realized there is an aux port inside the console. So I connected the audio cable there and I got audio. But now there is a problem to install. That audio cable needs to go from the dash area and into the console (for which there is no path without removing the center console). This was going to take hours more.

The CarPlay interface works, but in a clunky way. Which I suppose is a limit of their video switch.

In addition there is so much stuff trying to be jammed behind the radio only Houdini could make it all fit. I tried for 2 hours and couldn't make it fit. Some Mercedes may have more space, but the GLK had none.

So I contacted Joyeauto and asked to return the product (after all they have a 30-day return policy!). The response was "Sorry. we can't accept return for not the products quality problem." and "It is your problem".

Did you try my PDF instructions on how to do it? That is why I provided them to the community. I am not part of the company and they dont have any videos specifically for the AMG GTS

I also provided my email in the PDF if you have questions from another person who installed. I am pretty good at responding to those folks and have helped about 6 folks install the system so far.

I put a ton of lessons learned in that document. But to each their own. Many of us like the ability to have CarPlay, and although it isnt perfect, I am still 100% happy with my purchase after almost 2 years in use.

Once again, i have no skin in the game, but as the OP I wanted to share my experience.
Old 04-29-2021, 03:29 PM

C63
I just noticed that you seem to have a GLK. Sorry for confusion as you had replied to a post in the AMG GTS board. I have no experience with a GLK install
Old 04-29-2021, 09:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes GLK
Sorry that I sent my rant to the wrong forum… It seemed to have the most info (which I had reviewed).

While electrically it worked in my GLK, their is no space for the big connectors and the LVDS switch box. Truly disappointed.

Our GLK only has 60K miles and looks like it is new… So this upgrade would have been great. But doesn’t seem possible to make it work with he limited space.

Best and thanks

phil
Old 04-30-2021, 12:15 AM

C63
Sorry man. Not familiar enough with the platform. I put mine under the center console next to the shift mechanism....
Old 04-30-2021, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 623 Likes on 369 Posts
2020 McLaren 720s Spider
Originally Posted by Philip Graham

if you buy it on Aliexpress, you open a claim against the purchase. If they dont resolve it you get a full refund automatically.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550 Coupe Edition 1
Hi trbofly,

I have installed the Joyeauto Carplay and I also have som buzz noise when playing music. Can you tell me how to install the ground loop isolator? Thanks.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:59 PM

C63
Originally Posted by dx7676
Hi trbofly,

I have installed the Joyeauto Carplay and I also have som buzz noise when playing music. Can you tell me how to install the ground loop isolator? Thanks.

Glad to help. Did you purchase the one I had in the instructions?
Old 05-25-2021, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550 Coupe Edition 1
Glad to help. Did you purchase the one I had in the instructions?
Thanks for your reply. Yes I just placed the order on Amazon.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:13 PM

C63
Cool. Well, the good news is that install is super simple. I believe mine came with a small piece of 3.5 line as well to make it easier.

Basically, you just put it in place in between the 3.5 jack running into the USB dongle. I hid it in the console under the cup holder. No other wires were needed, no power, nothing else.

Its basically two opposing coils inside. They transfer the signal, but not the buzz.

I also PM’d you my email in case you need to reach me.
dx7676 (05-25-2021)
Old 11-27-2021, 08:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by chargedC32

Joyeauto - located in Shenzhen City, China. Good communication and helpful so far

interface to purchase: Mercedes NTG5 CarPlay
https://www.joyeauto.com/product/mer...lay-interface/
This product doesn't list the AMG GT cars. Is it the correct one for our cars. Assuming it is since it is posted here but just making sure
Old 11-27-2021, 11:26 PM

C63
Actually, if you haven’t purchased, there is another member on here who was going to sell his. He asked me to help him recover a couple bucks and would probable make you a killer deal.

Regardless of how you buy, I am happy to help with installs. The microphone in the kit isn’t very good so I was going to add an addendum for swapping with an Amazon one.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:25 AM

2018 AMG GTR
Actually, if you haven’t purchased, there is another member on here who was going to sell his. He asked me to help him recover a couple bucks and would probable make you a killer deal.

Regardless of how you buy, I am happy to help with installs. The microphone in the kit isn’t very good so I was going to add an addendum for swapping with an Amazon one.
Awesome, thank you. I appreciate it. How do I get in contact with the user selling it?
Old 12-08-2021, 02:01 PM

2018 AMG GTR
I decided against the JoyeAuto kit since we installed one in a Macan and it was kinda iffy. Was going to give it a shot based on the post above, but instead got this

Road Top Wireless Carplay Retrofit Kit Decoder for Mercedes Benz NTG5.0 C GLC CLA GLA Class W205 2015-2018 Year,Support Android Auto, Mirrorlink, Reverse Camera

from Amazon:
Amazon Amazon

Install is simple, no mic needed as it uses the existing mic and no ground noise either. Sounds Amazing.

Function is the same as all these add on modules with the back button activating it. Only switches that need to be changed is based on the screen size of your car.

Highly recommended.
Old 12-09-2021, 11:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL
Originally Posted by SkyDude
I decided against the JoyeAuto kit since we installed one in a Macan and it was kinda iffy. Was going to give it a shot based on the post above, but instead got this

Road Top Wireless Carplay Retrofit Kit Decoder for Mercedes Benz NTG5.0 C GLC CLA GLA Class W205 2015-2018 Year,Support Android Auto, Mirrorlink, Reverse Camera

from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Install is simple, no mic needed as it uses the existing mic and no ground noise either. Sounds Amazing.

Function is the same as all these add on modules with the back button activating it. Only switches that need to be changed is based on the screen size of your car.

Highly recommended.
Some of the reviews mention an echo for phone calls. Do you experience that? Also how is the audio quality for music?
Old 12-10-2021, 06:22 AM

2018 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by asb123
Some of the reviews mention an echo for phone calls. Do you experience that? Also how is the audio quality for music?
I had a long conversation yesterday over Bluetooth and it sounded great. Honestly better than anything else I've tried. I have Android though. Not sure if that makes a difference.
Audio quality is very good. No noises and sounds just like it did before.
It feels more modern than the joyeauto.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: JoyEAuto Carplay Installation Instructions (Works)