Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

<2019 GT-R vs R8 V10 Plus (Daily Driver in Winter)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2019, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209
Originally Posted by mbamggt
my experience since I own both 2019 amg gtr, 2020 audi r8 v10 performance in Canada

gtr = since its 2019, doesn't sound bad yet. but limit to 4000 rpm rev, currently have no exhaust to mod it. have decent crackles but reving is limited, hate the 19" wheel at front, prefer 20" but atleast its rear is 325 width there fore it looks nice from behind.
r8 = since its 2020, it sounds terrible, anything before 2020 version can rev up to 8000 in park.barley any crackles and pops while downshift, love the 20" rim at front, hate the rear wheel is only 305 with at back, therefore the carbon fiber and exhaust looks great from behind but the wheels looks stupid while it is so thin.

gtr daily = comfortable to drive, good at cornering, while esp is off, keep traction control at 9 should be fine. test drove it at snow, its not that great with snow tires either. test it at rain, it works fine. while corning do not attempt to floor it. good attention and in my opinion front and rear end looks better than my r8, but very practical because of big trunk, rear view can see better than r8
r8 daily = comfortable to drive, good at cornering, with traction control off, race mode, wet/snow/dry can all be floored. picked up very fast as well. not much attention as the 2017/2018 because it sounds terrible, but Imo 2020 version looks better. but imo my r8 doesn't look as good as the gtr especially when see straight on the side front. frunk is impractical, rear view sucks.

gtr pricing = 241,000 depends on what you want, is r8 more expensive? no necessary? hold more value? nope even if its last generation. imo if you want something have value maybe buy Lamborghini performante while still can, I wouldn't keep r8 in my garage and wash that car like a *****. I would mod it and reck it
r8 pricing = 232, 000 depends on what you want + 8000$ exhaust modification and this is most imo, hold more value than gtr? no, you want something with more value, get a Porsche gt3 rs, but again I wouldn't keep amg gtr/r8 garage or wash this car when its dirty. drive it, enjoy it and reck it. mod it. and keep yourself safe.

gtr quality = feels luxury, but I wish the center v can be carbon fiber as well, I would wish they have front lift system, instrument cluster looks outdated, no front camera.
r8 quality = feels outdated, I would wish they have front lift system, but I like that there is no screen on the dashboard, only knobs. and one down side is when you are backing up and looking at instrument cluster for the rear view camera while turning the steering wheels, its kind of annoying.

gtr speed = 0-100, definetly cant beat my r8, it will catch up and leave the r8 in shame
r8 speed = 0-100 faster than gtr, after that it will be over take my gtr and you will keep seeing the amg leave your sorry *** behind and you can't even catch up.

gtr engine sound = 2019 sounds great, but not as great as a 5.5 L GLE Coupe 63s with 577 hp as well. and I believe the year 2020 version also sound muted as well. but while at idle reving only up to 4000 rpm is disappointed just for the sake of "protecting the engine" either way they don't have higher rpm than audi.
audi engine sound = n/a v10 sounds so good, but they ****ed it up for the year 2020. wouldn't blame for the Europe regulation. imo if they make it sound as good as the 2017 which is similar to huracan, then ppl rather go for r8 than lambo. because its cheaper and more practical and have better sound system.

imo, if you own audi car before. go for r8, dont touch mercedes. mercedes is a car with nice luxury interior and very nice looking exterior car. when you touch it you wont go back even if you see porsche. thats me. both are nice car and different way of liking it. but gtr is most likely a track car to be more fun, r8 can be super fun at road but not at track. daily driven wise imo i feel the amg gtr gives me less pressure beacuse of the practicality of rear trunk. which one i like to take out and cruis ? although its rear wheel drive but its very drivable outside during summer even if you floor it at red light. thats what the big *** rear wheels are for. even if r8 has all wheel drive, would and say you can drive it in winter. hmm imo best not to drive both car in winter assuming you dont crash car, ppl or public property, but other car can crash you as well. so yea.

which car pick up ladies more? none. *****es are smart now a days. they go for 3 mil $ cars. XD

I would highly recommend you to test drive both car at dealership, and just remember if a car doesn't sound good, then to me that car is not fun =D because tesla is very fast as well but no noise. and be careful of year 2020 cars.
Hey, thanks a lot, that was awesome! I did own few Mercs before (from old to cls to pre face lift s class and then moved to audi, drove new c class, e class, etc.) and my experience was bit opposite when you compare luxury, they sure look good as long as one doesn't touch, then it fell apart. Simply felt like mercs aren't put together as tight as BMW or Audi, had more rattles over bumps, panels moving as you push some parts hard, etc. no such issues with other germans, Merc seemed bit less reliable too.

Pre new tailights Merc design + Lexus quality + Audi V10, now that would be epic

Different strokes, different folks, thanks a lot and merry xmas everyone

Last edited by W209W; 12-26-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-26-2019, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 411 Likes on 287 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
Lexus quality is a misnomer. These days, Lexus is more about cost cutting than anything else. I owned a new 2012MY Lexus and it was poorly engineered and had a major safety issue which Toyota would not admit to.

We’ve owned 5 Mercedes in the last 5 years and they have been flawless in terms of reliability - no issues at all.

Audi and BMW are far worse from experience.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 437 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Surge
Lexus quality is a misnomer. These days, Lexus is more about cost cutting than anything else. I owned a new 2012MY Lexus and it was poorly engineered and had a major safety issue which Toyota would not admit to.

We’ve owned 5 Mercedes in the last 5 years and they have been flawless in terms of reliability - no issues at all.

Audi and BMW are far worse from experience.
I love my AMG, but the data does not back up your opinion.
Old 12-26-2019, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Orcbolg
I love my AMG, but the data does not back up your opinion.
There is no reliable data. JD Power is a joke. A grade 9 stats student would fail with the way JD Power measures anything. Why? Because it’s all user reported. One user’s issue is not the same as another’s. Example: Many users will report the fact they can’t understand the digital UI as a problem.

Here’s a fact: carmakers don’t actually “make” most parts of a car - they assemble them. The same few suppliers make components for all brands.
My C63 had an AC compressor made by Denso in Japan. What happened was that Toyota improved the entire supply base in the 80s and 90s. Now most cars (unless they are poorly designed or British(!)) have very similar reliability.

Engineering effort and the goals of the automaker for each particular model weigh more heavily on reliability these days.
The following users liked this post:
ronin amg (12-27-2019)
Old 12-26-2019, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 437 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Surge
There is no reliable data.
Old 12-26-2019, 07:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
car
no worries, this is just my own opinion and feeling, I guess you should definitely go for the car you enjoy! merry Christmas too.
Old 12-26-2019, 07:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
car
audi and bmw are not worse , just different taste.
Orcbolg (12-27-2019)
Old 12-26-2019, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mbamggt
audi and bmw are not worse , just different taste.
Personal experience is I’ve had much worse reliability with BMW and Audi vs MB.
Audi feels like a tarted up VW (which it is!) from the moment I reach down and touch the flimsy power seat controls.
BMW is a mess. They have really lost their way. Crooked driving seat in the M2 is a prime example.
ronin amg (12-27-2019)