Sponsored by:

New Owner, Best GTS exhaust set up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 02:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Amg GTS
Originally Posted by UCIMBZ
Being wide open when you push the tailpipe button on your center console you may not even be able to detect an immense change in exhaust note. On an unrelated note, it seems like your car is missing the black piece that

fits at the bottom of the front air intake.

Just found out that the dealership actually painted the bottom lip yellow due to customer request. What you think I should do? Because technically they sold me a car with a package that is incorrect so I can ask them to paint it black..but I’m kind of liking the yellow instead..thoughts?
Old 01-10-2020, 03:21 PM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
AMG GTS
Talking

Originally Posted by dlefty
Correct. Downpipes eliminate the first set of cats.
Yes, exhaust Button in car still works, as that is controlling the “flaps” in the rear muffler section of car, so you can still go full volume or quiet it down.
Awesome. Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-10-2020, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 437 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Nh101
Just found out that the dealership actually painted the bottom lip yellow due to customer request. What you think I should do? Because technically they sold me a car with a package that is incorrect so I can ask them to paint it black..but I’m kind of liking the yellow instead..thoughts?
I honestly love it being paint matched to the body. I didn't notice it initially, but after it was pointed out and I took a minute to look it over, I'd personally leave it.
Old 01-10-2020, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Spoiler

Are you still on about this, you seem rather upset. I'll humor you I suppose.

I could just as easily say your opinion on what he should do sucks,
WOW-interesting social experiment appearing in this thread, “if you don’t do it my way because I need to justify the decision i made”.....
The irony here is that is basically exactly what you did.

But again, he’d be an idiot to spend that kind of money......or are you the idiot for not doing it that way and want to make sure the lemmings fall in line and don’t do it better?
While I never called you, or anyone else in here an idiot, you started off by insinuating that anyone who doesn't follow your lead is cheap, trashy, and mishandling their cars, so I poked fun at you. Grow a pair or don't throw insults.

Exhibit A:
I always see this cheap way referenced here, it makes me cringe, to me it’s the equivalent of having a house with trash bags covering the holes where windows should be.....or whatever analogy you want to make.

Just cheap, half-a$$ way of doing it to me.

why chop it up and half a$$ do it like we all did as kids on our starter cars?

You also failed to mention to the OP that most of the DP options will trigger a CEL that will require more $$$ to get rid of via tune, while not making the car any louder than you would by removing the Secondary Cats instead.

Last edited by Orcbolg; 01-10-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 701 Likes on 534 Posts
R Nine T
OP, solar beam Paint down there accentuates the front end. That was a bonus. Drive on.

Last edited by AMG 17GT; 01-10-2020 at 05:17 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by AMG 17GT:
Nh101 (01-10-2020), Orcbolg (01-10-2020)
Old 01-10-2020, 11:46 PM

Received 216 Likes on 135 Posts
E55, 380SL, GLA 250 Sport, AMG GTS
The Yellow piece on your car is painted but your car still actually is missing a piece. This is evident by the little step from the side intake to the lip part and also the fact that the lip is shorter than the rest of the front spoiler. Try to compare your car with another one that is intact.
Old 01-11-2020, 08:26 AM

Amg GTS
Do you have any pictures of this that I can compare?
Old 01-11-2020, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Hes talking about the black plastic bits on either side of your front bumper. They are typically part of the Edition 1 aero pack, but it looks like the previous owner sourced just the canards, and added them aftermarket. They didnt remove anything, which is evident by the lack of Edition 1 wing and side skirt.

For reference, this car has the edition 1, which you can see via the front splitter.

The following users liked this post:
Nh101 (01-11-2020)
Old 01-11-2020, 10:12 AM

Received 216 Likes on 135 Posts
E55, 380SL, GLA 250 Sport, AMG GTS
Orcobolg is making a mistake. I am talking about this piece. It's not a big deal but your car is missing it. This is a slip on piece that is bolted at the bottom. Underneath is the same color as the rest of the car. You are missing it that

is why this piece is yellow in your car.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:14 AM

Amg GTS
https://www.ebay.com/p/2212564737?ii...SABEgJNp_D_BwE

I might just get it..
UCIMBZ (01-11-2020)
Old 01-11-2020, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
You all have some very sharp eyes. Would like to buy those plain black, no CF canards. Tried to look up on eBay couldn’t find them has anyone seen them for sale?
Old 01-11-2020, 10:54 AM

Received 190 Likes on 146 Posts
/////PRO
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
You all have some very sharp eyes. Would like to buy those plain black, no CF canards. Tried to look up on eBay couldn’t find them has anyone seen them for sale?
If you are referring to just the “stock” AMG Aero-Pack canards.....
I just had a set painted gloss black to match the rest of the gloss black accents from the AMG Night Package on my car. My winter project this year was a little front aero enhancement as well as another couple parts to get a little bit more air forced into the intercoolers. Must use a good painter as they come with a heavy texture to them from AMG as they are meant to be bolted right in without paint.
IF these are what you are referring to, you also need a separate hardware kit as there are 3 tiny screws needed for each one in addition to the 3M tape that already comes on, as that isn’t reliable enough at speed.

But don’t want to hi-Jack an exhaust thread, so may do a separate one on these at a later time.

Last edited by dlefty; 01-11-2020 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:12 PM

Received 245 Likes on 152 Posts
Designo White AMG GTS
RE: catless downpipes

Even if you get a tune to eliminate the CEL, I was told the car will not pass inspection if plugged in via the OBD2 port. This might be an issue depending on where you live.
Orcbolg (01-11-2020)
Old 01-11-2020, 12:15 PM

Received 245 Likes on 152 Posts
Designo White AMG GTS
Originally Posted by UCIMBZ
This is a slip on piece that is bolted at the bottom. Underneath is the same color as the rest of the car.
I did not know that. Mine is really beat up and I was dreading having to fix the whole front bumper. Hopefully that is a cheap replacement/repair.
UCIMBZ (01-12-2020)
Old 01-11-2020, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
If you are referring to just the “stock” AMG Aero-Pack canards.....
I just had a set painted gloss black to match the rest of the gloss black accents from the AMG Night Package on my car. My winter project this year was a little front aero enhancement as well as another couple parts to get a little bit more air forced into the intercoolers. Must use a good painter as they come with a heavy texture to them from AMG as they are meant to be bolted right in without paint.
IF these are what you are referring to, you also need a separate hardware kit as there are 3 tiny screws needed for each one in addition to the 3M tape that already comes on, as that isn’t reliable enough at speed.

But don’t want to hi-Jack an exhaust thread, so may do a separate one on these at a later time.

yes ty.

if you could post or pm part numbers that would be great.

back to exhaust.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:57 PM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
16 AMG GTS/ 19 GLE63S
Open road in bridgewater I see, I bought my GTS from them last summer.
If you have a reputable place in ny/nj to do a resonator delete please share.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by kumizi
I did not know that. Mine is really beat up and I was dreading having to fix the whole front bumper. Hopefully that is a cheap replacement/repair.
Some of the aftermarket splitters cover it too. The RW Carbon front splitter slips over the top of that piece, so that might be a viable option too.
kumizi (01-11-2020)
Old 01-11-2020, 06:41 PM

Amg GTS
Originally Posted by trashguy
Open road in bridgewater I see, I bought my GTS from them last summer.
If you have a reputable place in ny/nj to do a resonator delete please share.
goodies automotive, 660s Evergreen ave. Woodbury, NJ 08097

Really good guys, knows what they are doing. They did my C63 and it was perfect.
trashguy (01-11-2020)
Old 01-11-2020, 06:45 PM

Amg GTS
Originally Posted by Orcbolg
Some of the aftermarket splitters cover it too. The RW Carbon front splitter slips over the top of that piece, so that might be a viable option too.

All, opened up a new Thread for Front Splitter options