Sponsored by:

Pink fluid leak near passenger front wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2020, 04:35 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
GLE 350d
Pink fluid leak near passenger front wheel

Just noticed a large puddle in front of the passenger side front wheel with some small drips from the front passenger underbody. The fluid is a light pink in colour. Any idea what it might be? Based on a quick search online seems like either transmission or power steering fluid.

Will call MB service for an appointment when they open but would love some feedback from anyone who may know what it is.

thanks

Old 04-10-2020, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 966 Likes on 581 Posts
‘24 BMW iX M60
You don’t have a small hole in that heat exchanger do you? Look for damaged fins from a rock hit.

Does the fluid feel ‘oily’ versus ‘watery’?

Bish
Old 04-10-2020, 04:55 PM

GLE 350d
Originally Posted by thebishman
You don’t have a small hole in that heat exchanger do you? Look for damaged fins from a rock hit.

Does the fluid feel ‘oily’ versus ‘watery’?

Bish
Definitely watery and no damage / hole that I can see
Old 04-10-2020, 06:05 PM

Received 144 Likes on 75 Posts
AMG GT-S, AMG C43, GLK350, Nissan GT-R, 718 Cayman
I had that issue. Small pink anti-freeze drips on the ground. Was fixed under warranty.

Rock made a pin-hole in the inter-cooler air to fluid heat exchanger that feeds the fluid to air cooler core for the compressor outlets from the turbos. Big job as they have to take the front of the car off.

All good now.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 701 Likes on 534 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by descartesfool
I had that issue. Small pink anti-freeze drips on the ground. Was fixed under warranty.

Rock made a pin-hole in the inter-cooler air to fluid heat exchanger that feeds the fluid to air cooler core for the compressor outlets from the turbos. Big job as they have to take the front of the car off.

All good now.
Did they install the intercooler Protective grill?
The following users liked this post:
JSwan724 (04-15-2020)
Old 04-14-2020, 04:59 PM

GLE 350d
Originally Posted by descartesfool

All good now.

Thanks for the feedback guys - allowed me to search more info on prior posts and, while it seems only some have had lack with warranty repairs for similar issues, it put my mind at ease over the long weekend, as my dealer never disappoints when we've had issues arise with any of our cars. Went into my MB dealer this morning, and just found out that they are warrantying the repair and will install the protector grills for me.

I had not previously received recall info (2018 GT C coupe) and they did not have any on file when I arrived, so not sure if there was a recall campaign in Canada for this or if my car wasn't included under a campaign. Either way, glad to have it resolved so painlessly.

Thanks again

Old 04-16-2020, 09:15 AM

Received 216 Likes on 135 Posts
E55, 380SL, GLA 250 Sport, AMG GTS
I got so excited thought it was Pink Floyd.