Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 02:42 PM

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
SL550
There are some awesome wheels on this thread. FWITW, I recommend checking out Rohana wheels. They seem to be more affordable than HRE, too. But then again, a brand new Mitsubi**** Mirage or Nissan Micra is cheaper than a set of HREs.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Feel free to check my posts but my wheels are available and can be refinished to your liking by Strasse who is local to me. PM if you are interested.
Old 01-20-2021, 04:02 PM
SPONSOR

Received 243 Likes on 189 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
Originally Posted by MGGTs
Cost! I have a problem spending 12k for wheels on a car worth 90K! They are stunning though.
RS103M's can be had for under $7,500 for the set in specific configurations. I can guide you through this if you're interested.
Originally Posted by Skilly
If you think HRE is expensive you should look at the pricing for Anrky Wheels (a division of HRE). They are in the $15k range. You will occasionally have a demo set but that will even run upwards of $8K to $10K if you are lucky enough to find that kind of needle in a haystack fit. I think there is someone here with a Green GTR that earlier this year grabbed a set from Wheels Boutique that had been advertised on Ebay for some time.

I get that there is design work and intricate lathe work etc, but ALL of these forged wheels start out as the same aluminum blank, so cost swings from $3K to $15K are largely a giant flex and cash grab. HRE and Anrky are incredibly well made and the finishes are really quite flawless but no one could tell me with a straight face that justifies costs upwards of 300% (or more!) as compared to the alternatives.

To me if feels a little like the wine industry where you get much past $20 bucks for decent wine and you're just donating to a brand.
ANRKY is a private label wheel brand that is engineered and manufactured by HRE. The average price for an HRE forged wheel is the same average price as an ANRKY forged wheel.

Some of the wheel brands mentioned in this thread put little to no engineering work behind their wheels. HRE has a team of engineers - and some of the best in the industry. They will not release a wheel to any buyer unless they have overengineered a wheel to be the best it can be. Because of this their wheel prices can be higher than other wheel brands but what you are also getting is a wheel that is unrivaled in both quality and long term durability. The saying "you get what you pay for" rings true when discussing wheel brands.
Old 01-20-2021, 06:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG GTS
Originally Posted by thewb
RS103M's can be had for under $7,500 for the set in specific configurations. I can guide you through this if you're interested.
ANRKY is a private label wheel brand that is engineered and manufactured by HRE. The average price for an HRE forged wheel is the same average price as an ANRKY forged wheel.

Some of the wheel brands mentioned in this thread put little to no engineering work behind their wheels. HRE has a team of engineers - and some of the best in the industry. They will not release a wheel to any buyer unless they have overengineered a wheel to be the best it can be. Because of this their wheel prices can be higher than other wheel brands but what you are also getting is a wheel that is unrivaled in both quality and long term durability. The saying "you get what you pay for" rings true when discussing wheel brands.
which brands would those be that put little to no effort in engineer?
Old 01-20-2021, 07:41 PM

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
2016 AMG GT-S
I got a set of fully forged wheels from Ryft and I couldn't be happier with them. They did muck up the sizing on the front wheels (the initial set were rubbing against the caliper) and the customer service was TOP NOTCH. I can't express how responsive and committed they were to getting my wheels to fit right and I am over the moon with how they look. I get compliments on the wheels all the time, and the new width has helped dramatically with the way she handles and hooks.

F: 20/10 with 265/30/20
R: 20x12 with 325/25/21

Custom wheels-mc7ps5o.jpg
Custom wheels-nwfiqpz.jpg
The following users liked this post:
hyperion667 (01-20-2021)
Old 01-22-2021, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 220 Likes on 156 Posts
2018 Solarbeam Yellow AMG GTS
Originally Posted by Hetzle
I got a set of fully forged wheels from Ryft and I couldn't be happier with them. They did muck up the sizing on the front wheels (the initial set were rubbing against the caliper) and the customer service was TOP NOTCH. I can't express how responsive and committed they were to getting my wheels to fit right and I am over the moon with how they look. I get compliments on the wheels all the time, and the new width has helped dramatically with the way she handles and hooks.

F: 20/10 with 265/30/20
R: 20x12 with 325/25/21
what offsets did you use since you had Rubbing ?
Old 01-25-2021, 09:17 PM

Received 56 Likes on 29 Posts
2017 AMG GT
Has anyone had any experience with 1221 wheels? I found a random post somewhere on the internet that said someone that left ADV1 was part of the team. Just curious about quality. They land in the 5-10k price range but look high end and appear to be worth it. Thanks.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:52 PM

Received 98 Likes on 43 Posts
18 AMG GTR . 18 Tacoma . 02 BMW M3 (the sickness)
Waiting to install mine this week. 😎

The following users liked this post:
hyperion667 (01-28-2021)
Old 01-28-2021, 06:39 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,412 Likes on 2,854 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Waiting to install mine this week. 😎
Hot damn!

I had to put my golden wheels off for a few weeks lol, but damn this makes me want them more! What's up with the couch though? Haha.
Old 01-29-2021, 12:50 PM

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
2016 AMG GT-S
Originally Posted by thecutter64
what offsets did you use since you had Rubbing ?
Can't remember but I'll find out!

I still rub a bit only on the outer edge of the tires and still will occur if I don't notice a fairly extreme road deformation at speed, maybe once every couple weeks. It would probably go away if I downsized to a 315 but it's not bad enough for me to want to swap.