GT Black Series Production Numbers USA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2021 | 06:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by fuel007one
She is due Baltimore 13 June at 23:00 hrs. Sailed Zeebrugge 4 June...

Question:

Your Black isn’t going to be off loaded at the Baltimore VPC IF you bought it in Houston,Texas where you live is it?
I would expect it to be off loaded at the Brunswick, GA VPC the next day and then transported to Houston.

Just curious..

Here’s a treat for you so you can track your BS real time

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels...MMSI-353453000

Regards

Jerry

Last edited by JSwan724; 06-09-2021 at 06:57 AM.
The following users liked this post:
AMG 17GT (06-09-2021)
Old 06-09-2021 | 06:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
Looks like Chris Harris in the video
Old 06-10-2021 | 01:28 PM

2021 GT BS, 2019 G63 ED1, 2016 GTS
Originally Posted by JSwan724
Question:

Your Black isn’t going to be off loaded at the Baltimore VPC IF you bought it in Houston,Texas where you live is it?
I would expect it to be off loaded at the Brunswick, GA VPC the next day and then transported to Houston.

Just curious..

Here’s a treat for you so you can track your BS real time

https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels...MMSI-353453000

Regards

Jerry
No it will unload at Brunswick. For whatever reason the ship is showing Charleston 6/11....

Thanks for the link!
Old 06-10-2021 | 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
No it will unload at Brunswick. For whatever reason the ship is showing Charleston 6/11....

Thanks for the link!
Enjoy.

Charleston is the 2nd stop on the ships route on occasion that I was trying to think of up thread. So it would be Baltimore, Charleston, Brunswick and then a return to Germany. Sometimes they run the route in reverse.

Also, Your ship may not be carrying a pure MB cargo and some of those non MB cars are dropped in Charleston.

A lot of cargo unloading at the VPC’s happens at night and then they get under way again to the next port.

Your BS may spend some time at the VPC getting any last minute updates. So you’ll have some more time time to round up your $$$.

I am having difficulty locating the DOT/EPA actual signoff document online so we may have to wait for that as well before any BS are released to carrier for transport to your Houston dealer.

Best regards

Jerry

Last edited by JSwan724; 06-10-2021 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-11-2021 | 11:20 AM

Enjoy.

Charleston is the 2nd stop on the ships route on occasion that I was trying to think of up thread. So it would be Baltimore, Charleston, Brunswick and then a return to Germany. Sometimes they run the route in reverse.

Also, Your ship may not be carrying a pure MB cargo and some of those non MB cars are dropped in Charleston.

A lot of cargo unloading at the VPC’s happens at night and then they get under way again to the next port.

Your BS may spend some time at the VPC getting any last minute updates. So you’ll have some more time time to round up your $$$.

I am having difficulty locating the DOT/EPA actual signoff document online so we may have to wait for that as well before any BS are released to carrier for transport to your Houston dealer.

Best regards

Jerry
Thanks. I have low expectations on the release out of the VPC having gone through it with the G63. It will get here when it gets here basically.
JSwan724 (06-11-2021)
Old 06-11-2021 | 06:45 PM

AMG GT Black Series
I updated the colors, there are more paint to samples, total is up to 368.

Benz does not like to share the production numbers, an old commie must work for them and out of typical commie paranoia they won't share.
The following 3 users liked this post by BurtReynolds:
Doctodd33 (06-11-2021), JSwan724 (06-11-2021), Orcbolg (06-11-2021)
Old 06-14-2021 | 02:46 PM

Enjoy.

Best regards

Jerry
The ship hit brunswick today so at least we know a few are getting offloaded.
JSwan724 (06-14-2021)
Old 06-14-2021 | 04:20 PM

Mercedes
How much over sticker would be advisable to pay for one of these, my dealer has 3 coming in and thinks he can get me one. I see production is 3x that of the SLS black series from whats posted above. Out of curiousity for future reference, how does one go about getting something like this. I have alot of cars from the same dealer, this year alone i bought a 2009 slr roadster and a '21 E63S wagon. Im always on top of this stuff but they only had 3 allocations of these and the people who got them ordered them like multiple years ago. I truly hadn't even heard of the GT black series till maybe last october and I immediately asked and there were no allocations. Just curious and genuinely interested bc Im a great customer of my dealers but I want to be able to get the exclusive stuff like this down the road. My salesman is an old man he doesn't really seem to have much insight to offer.
Old 06-15-2021 | 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 Solarbeam Yellow AMG GTS
I doubt your dealer has 3 Black series coming in. The allocations were given to high volume dealers and those were given to long standing customers( or the manager himself).

JSwan724 (06-15-2021)
Old 06-15-2021 | 01:49 AM

☐ Rekt ☑ Not Rekt
Originally Posted by dnm4
How much over sticker would be advisable to pay for one of these, my dealer has 3 coming in and thinks he can get me one. I see production is 3x that of the SLS black series from whats posted above. Out of curiousity for future reference, how does one go about getting something like this. I have alot of cars from the same dealer, this year alone i bought a 2009 slr roadster and a '21 E63S wagon. Im always on top of this stuff but they only had 3 allocations of these and the people who got them ordered them like multiple years ago. I truly hadn't even heard of the GT black series till maybe last october and I immediately asked and there were no allocations. Just curious and genuinely interested bc Im a great customer of my dealers but I want to be able to get the exclusive stuff like this down the road. My salesman is an old man he doesn't really seem to have much insight to offer.
In my experience the best thing to do if you didn’t get a direct allocation is to create a thread saying that you’re looking for a Black Series.

There are flippers and dealers lurking in the forum shadows and they will contact you with a pm if there are available cars.

Then you can see who, including your dealer, has the best deal for a spec you like and even play them against each other if there are multiple cars available.
Orcbolg (06-15-2021)
Old 06-15-2021 | 06:57 AM

Mercedes
Originally Posted by thecutter64
I doubt your dealer has 3 Black series coming in. The allocations were given to high volume dealers and those were given to long standing customers( or the manager himself).
The reason I hate posting on the internet is bc there are so many negative people like yourself EVERYWHERE

Why would I lie how many black series are coming in? Well here is a link to mercedes greenway site, from what I understand they're one of the biggest dealers in the country, houston is the 4th largest city in america after all, o look 2 black series are shown as coming in right now they will be here in a few weeks

https://www.mercedesbenzgreenway.com...g/for-sale.htm

And if you want to look up my past posts go ahead I posted my SLR and E63s I bought this year many times, whats a good customer in your book? I spent $350k + tax on the SLR roadster in february and then $147k+ tax on the E63s wagon in april. That's just this year.

Its just the internet some of you need to calm down and not be jerks everytime.
Orcbolg (06-15-2021)
Old 06-15-2021 | 07:00 AM

Mercedes
Originally Posted by thecutter64
Here let me make it easier for you since you "doubt" they have so many coming in

Orcbolg (06-15-2021)
Old 06-15-2021 | 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
The entire dealership only has 19 vehicles in stock?!? Wow
Old 06-15-2021 | 08:11 AM

Mercedes
Originally Posted by Doctodd33
The entire dealership only has 19 vehicles in stock?!? Wow
no it says 434, the link i posted is to new AMG vehicles.
Old 06-15-2021 | 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Cool

The reason I hate posting on the internet is bc there are so many negative people like yourself EVERYWHERE

Why would I lie how many black series are coming in? Well here is a link to mercedes greenway site, from what I understand they're one of the biggest dealers in the country, houston is the 4th largest city in america after all, o look 2 black series are shown as coming in right now they will be here in a few weeks

And if you want to look up my past posts go ahead I posted my SLR and E63s I bought this year many times, whats a good customer in your book? I spent $350k + tax on the SLR roadster in february and then $147k+ tax on the E63s wagon in april. That's just this year.

Please don't overreact, no one here accused you of lying,
Thecutter64 only questioned what YOUR DEALER has said (about 3 allocations) not you yourself so I don't see why you should get your panties twisted about.
The following 2 users liked this post by absent:
hyperion667 (06-15-2021), JSwan724 (06-15-2021)
Old 06-15-2021 | 08:34 AM

Mercedes
Originally Posted by absent
Please don't overreact, no one here accused you of lying,
Thecutter64 only questioned what YOUR DEALER has said (about 3 allocations) not you yourself so I don't see why you should get your panties twisted about.
Ok and I posted the link above straight to the dealers site with 2 allocations already on their way. Look I get it, people on the internet lie alot, it is what it is. My dealer obviously wasn't lying there was no need for him to even question if that was true or not. It's just frustrating when you ask a simple question like what price over sticker is reasonable, and thats a fair question when G63's are $75-100k over today. I didn't need him to opine whether my dealer was lying or not.
Old 06-15-2021 | 08:36 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63

Lying and being misinformed are two different things and should not be confused Just sayin'.
Old 06-15-2021 | 09:06 AM
dbk

My dealer also has 3 “normal” allocations and 1 extra delivery because of their Project One customer.
Old 06-15-2021 | 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Ok and I posted the link above straight to the dealers site with 2 allocations already on their way. Look I get it, people on the internet lie alot, it is what it is. My dealer obviously wasn't lying there was no need for him to even question if that was true or not. It's just frustrating when you ask a simple question like what price over sticker is reasonable, and thats a fair question when G63's are $75-100k over today. I didn't need him to opine whether my dealer was lying or not.

Is your dealer asking over MSRP for these inbound Blacks? Since they have serial numbers already they may have been off loaded at the Brunswick VPC over the weekend.

I think the allocations are for AUTO NATION as the corporate owner of several dealerships. I would think the first dealer in their network with a qualified buyer willing to pay their premium price will get the prize. Don’t know for sure but supposidly there were no “order for inventory” orders allowed. The buyer had to be specific and qualified to get a legit car.
Now we all know there are ways around those rules but that’s what the process was supposed to be so that there was no dealer scalping done.

In any event hopefully you get yours at a price you are willing to pay.

Regards

Jerry
Old 06-15-2021 | 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
That particular user is always a condescending and questioning turd, and proud of it, you're better off ignoring them.
Old 06-15-2021 | 10:58 AM

Mercedes
Originally Posted by Orcbolg
That particular user is always a condescending and questioning turd, and proud of it, you're better off ignoring them.
Got it thanks

Last edited by dnm4; 06-15-2021 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-15-2021 | 02:09 PM

Seems that Green Hell and Brilliant Blue Magno are the two rarest stock colors? Ive seen pictures of green hell GT BS from European deliveries, will be curious to see how Brilliant blue looks.
Old 06-15-2021 | 03:26 PM

Greenway has one and only one allocation. I own it.
JSwan724 (06-15-2021)
Old 06-15-2021 | 03:29 PM

Mercedes
they have 3, the website has 2 currently at the moment. I was just there yesterday they told me they have 3. I don’t see why they would lie about something like that. So is yours one of these 2 that I posted straight off their site above?
Old 06-15-2021 | 03:42 PM

I stand corrected. They did get 3 allocations and all of them are sold. The guestimated ship dates at this point are 1h july once they clear out the S Classes that have been sitting since January. Allocations 2 and 3 were priced/agreed upon the build order date and they were not cheap. Another dealer I know traded their 1 GTBS allocation for 5 G63 allocations.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT Black Series Production Numbers USA