Rear hatch door/trunk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2021 | 07:15 PM

Corvette Z06
Rear hatch door/trunk

Hi all,

Don't know what to call it. But when I first received my car I had a little dent next to the the mercedes symbol. My detailer showed it to me and suggested I should get it fixed through someone who can take little dents out without damaging anything. I didn't care at that time and I let it be.
Over time I have had a few more dents or uneven bumps in that area. I have never pressed on the trunk lid to close it. I just let it drop, but with the recent experience with my dealership I am not sure what they do to close it.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen it or is it just my car?

Appreciate the feedback.

P.S. The point is that I wanted to get if fixed but if they come back like they have appeared automatically then there is no point.
Old 07-09-2021 | 01:00 AM

AMG GTS
Are all the dents/dimples across between the amg badge and gts badge? I had a row of maybe about 6-8 when I picked it up from the dealer used from previous owner. They PDR’d it and don’t appear to have come back (knock on wood). I also let the trunk lid drop.

Last edited by JMalanox; 07-09-2021 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-09-2021 | 12:22 PM

Corvette Z06
Mine are also distributed between the amg and gts signs........Good to know they never came back for you. I will go ahead and get it paintless dent repair.

Thanks for the feedback! Wonder what causes it.