Introducing our GT Intake system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2021 | 06:27 AM
SPONSOR

AMGs :)
Introducing our GT Intake system

In Stock FREE WORLDWIDE FREIGHT!
Our newest addition to our intake range to suit the M177-178 platform.
Incorporating the same proven features of our C63 and E63 models:
  • Beautiful carbon finish
  • 100mm outlet washable cotton filters (no oil)
  • 80mm outlet carbon tubes BIG TURBO READY (adaptors to suit standard or large frame turbo inlets)
  • Better throttle response
  • More power top end (depending on tune and supporting mods)
  • AWESOME SOUND! No need for BOV spacers (check our RPA for a true BOV conversion )
  • 2 year warranty
  • 30 day returns

Old 07-26-2021 | 09:43 AM

2014 E550
One would have to be a fool to replace AMG parts with this junk.
The following 6 users liked this post by doulehr:
///Bruce (08-03-2021), Acta_Non_Verba (07-26-2021), MalibuScott (07-27-2021), sodhigtc (07-26-2021), VictoryRoadPerformance (07-27-2021), ZAC MOTORSPORT (07-26-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-26-2021 | 02:27 PM

2020 AMG GTC, 2021 Macan GTS, 2021 Golf GTI
Originally Posted by doulehr
Edit : eventuri would be my only selection if I wanted to change the intake.

good luck with your product.

Last edited by sodhigtc; 07-27-2021 at 10:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
///Bruce (08-03-2021)
Old 07-26-2021 | 04:29 PM
SPONSOR

haters gunna hate

Originally Posted by sodhigtc
eventuri would be my only selection if I wanted to change the intake. The above looks garbage
That's ok guys. Each to their own. Have a great day👍

Last edited by ZAC MOTORSPORT; 07-26-2021 at 07:58 PM.
Bijan Kohan (08-01-2021)
Old 07-26-2021 | 09:34 PM

2018 Diamond White GT-R
Do you guys that have commented have any experience with this companies products ?
The following 2 users liked this post by 57 GTR:
BBS63 (07-28-2021), ZAC MOTORSPORT (07-27-2021)
Old 07-26-2021 | 11:21 PM

AMG GT R Pro
Originally Posted by 57 GTR
Do you guys that have commented have any experience with this companies products ?
Was thinking the same. Responses seem aggressive.
The following 2 users liked this post by jn66:
Bijan Kohan (08-01-2021), ZAC MOTORSPORT (07-27-2021)
Old 07-26-2021 | 11:35 PM

2018 Diamond White GT-R
I have never seen a new vendor shut down like that on ANY car site I have been on. Someone from the company pee in your Cap'n-Crunch guys?
The following 2 users liked this post by 57 GTR:
Highline-Autos.com (07-28-2021), ZAC MOTORSPORT (07-27-2021)
Old 07-26-2021 | 11:35 PM

2023 G550, 2020 AMG GTR, 2014 S550, 2024 Denali 3500, 2023 Porsche GT3
Originally Posted by ZAC MOTORSPORT
In Stock FREE WORLDWIDE FREIGHT!
Our newest addition to our intake range to suit the M177-178 platform.
Incorporating the same proven features of our C63 and E63 models:
  • Beautiful carbon finish
  • 100mm outlet washable cotton filters (no oil)
  • 80mm outlet carbon tubes BIG TURBO READY (adaptors to suit standard or large frame turbo inlets)
  • AWESOME SOUND! No need for BOV spacers (check our RPA for a true BOV conversion )
  • 2 year warranty
  • 30 day returns
Please share the dyno numbers.

Old 07-27-2021 | 12:46 AM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by mathechr
Please share the dyno numbers.
Hey mate. Dyno results are going to depend on supporting mods and tune. You can expect very little gains in HP on a stock vehicle stock tune (just being honest) and some big claims are made by other manufacturers that say otherwise, but to each their own.
STOCK = Around 10 HP gain only at top end. Are you going to feel 10HP?? even 20? considering the HP and torque of these engines already. And you would be ringing it's neck at top RPM.
HOWEVER! You will notice better throttle response (turbo's spool easier) AND you will no doubt enjoy the sound (seriously, it is amazing)
Add downpipes and a tune. You will see around 20HP top end from the intakes.(Check out our package deals HERE )
What gains are made with larger hybrid turbos such as our SHF800s, or larger frame turbos we are yet to really test

@jn66 @57 GTR no dealings with these guys that we are aware. If they don't like them it sounds like a plus for us anyway. Thanks for the support.
Old 07-27-2021 | 07:28 AM

2014 E550
Lol, just go look at their website and draw your own conclusions. Ill stick with my AMG parts....go ahead and replace things with ZAC motorsports
Old 07-27-2021 | 07:55 AM
SPONSOR

Talking please do!

Lol, just go look at their website and draw your own conclusions. Ill stick with my AMG parts....go ahead and replace things with ZAC motorsports
LINK TO WEBSITE
Old 07-28-2021 | 03:32 PM

Schwinn
Good God what a response to a post. Seriously, "gents". Would love to hear what your experience was with this company was/is to warrant such comments as "Crap product"
As much as I love AMG and what they make, its obvious that some of us need more. Hence the downpipes, ECM tunes etc etc etc.
This poster is just doing what every other tuner does, post their product. Think of this as a TV show, if you dont like it change the channel not the TV. I mean if you ever want to hear me whine about the Olympics coverage on NBC we

Zac Motorsports welcome to MB World forums.
Old 07-28-2021 | 03:36 PM

2014 E550
Originally Posted by BBS63
Good God what a response to a post. Seriously, "gents". Would love to hear what your experience was with this company was/is to warrant such comments as "Crap product"
As much as I love AMG and what they make, its obvious that some of us need more. Hence the downpipes, ECM tunes etc etc etc.
This poster is just doing what every other tuner does, post their product. Think of this as a TV show, if you dont like it change the channel not the TV. I mean if you ever want to hear me whine about the Olympics coverage on NBC we

Its a message board, Im free to state my opinion. I didnt violate any rules. The product and their website both look like trash. And although, I didn't verify it...Im willing to bet its manufactured in China.
sodhigtc (07-28-2021)
Old 07-28-2021 | 04:10 PM

2020 GTA; 2022 Audi e-tron GT, 2022 Ford F-150; 1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield 40/50 Playboy roadster
Its a message board, Im free to state my opinion. I didnt violate any rules. The product and their website both look like trash. And although, I didn't verify it...Im willing to bet its manufactured in China.
Let's ask:

ZAC Motorsport: where is the GT Intake System manufactured?
ZAC MOTORSPORT (07-29-2021)
Old 07-28-2021 | 05:11 PM

Schwinn
You are right you are free to do that. All I meant is that it was a little harsh to call something trash without having any experience with their product that's all. It may be or it may not be. I don't know and won't until someone here posts about it either way.
Old 07-28-2021 | 08:58 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by BBS63

Thanks
Now where is it made?
Not all made in china LOL. Some parts are made in Australia, a fair bit in Taiwan actually, I have previously been working there in the composites/bicycle industry since 2012 (YouTube "Taichung carbon bike factory and make your own conclusions)

We base our warehouse just outside HK for logistics purposes. Bulk freight from our manufacturer (where ever that may be) to there. It would make no sense to send each order from Aus when our main market is USA/UAE.
A load of manufacturers in every facet of business are buying parts off the shelf from Asia and claiming they are made (USA) locally, You believe what you want as to how legit their claims are, and at the end of the day, does it matter?. I am an engineer/designer, I do all the designing and all testing/prototypes are made in our modest local workshop. Mass production of composites in Australia simply isn't viable unless you are supported by the government (for example "carbon revolution" based Deakin uni, Melbourne make carbon car wheels for Ferrari etc, been there, done the tour, got the badge lol).
So I am not going to blow smoke up your **** and say we make all our stuff in house.
We stand by the quality with our warranty.
Now take a look at the RPA BOV kit. We could have easily purchased (as others have) a BOV spacer or even a cheap mechanical BOV from china. We worked with local legends Turbosmart instead.
Think about it..
Is everything "Made in the USA" the best quality? (regardless of products) you would have to be naïve to think that is the case. There is some absolute trash made there ( and here Aus). Same for China, Taiwan, Indonesia, there are good and bad businesses, tuners, manufacturers, factories everywhere.. There is also some amazing quality products made from amazing factories there too. P
So if @doulehr doesn't want to buy from us because some may be made in China, or doesn't like our website, that's cool. I don't really mind at all.
Hope that clears it up.

We will continue to answer any genuine interest and field enquiries. But I don't buy into the forum keyboard warriors and general ego stroking bullying that is rife on most forums, so if you expect us to get all triggered and reply, sorry, I am more interested in serving our customers, designing cool stuff,(and maybe Ii should get the website worked on ) so won't be replying.

Cheers guys, have a good evening over there.

Last edited by ZAC MOTORSPORT; 07-28-2021 at 09:12 PM. Reason: glitching forum keeps saying "no content in post"
Old 07-28-2021 | 09:17 PM

2023 G550, 2020 AMG GTR, 2014 S550, 2024 Denali 3500, 2023 Porsche GT3
Help me understand how your airbox is better than the factory setup or even factory setup with BMC filters. The factory is a closed system that only pulls cold air in from the outside. Pretty sure that I have read that the GT has a sealed engine compartment not allowing any airflow within it. Even if this is not the case, your open system as pictured would still allow hot air to be pulled in from several different places. This surely would hurt performance.

With no dyno numbers to publish, even if the car was tuned, stock or any different configurations, its hard to see where this is any benefit.

Last edited by mathechr; 07-28-2021 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-28-2021 | 09:44 PM

2014 E550
lol, i stand by my original post...you would be a fool to replace AMG parts with Chinese parts.
The following 2 users liked this post by doulehr:
tony cls63 (07-29-2021), ZAC MOTORSPORT (07-29-2021)
Old 07-28-2021 | 10:21 PM
SPONSOR

Originally Posted by mathechr
Help me understand how your airbox is better than the factory setup or even factory setup with BMC filters. The factory is a closed system that only pulls cold air in from the outside. Pretty sure that I have read that the GT has a sealed engine compartment not allowing any airflow within it. Even if this is not the case, your open system as pictured would still allow hot air to be pulled in from several different places. This surely would hurt performance.

With no dyno numbers to publish, even if the car was tuned, stock or any different configurations, its hard to see where this is any benefit.
The airbox is sealed against the hood.
See previous posts RE gains, and there is a some dyno results on the website.
Old 07-29-2021 | 07:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bentley Continental GT; AMG GT
I've some technical questions regards performance -
In your first post you make two performance claims:
These are nebulous claims with nothing quantifiable, other than making marketing statements, which everyone offering intake systems always claim. If they are valid and quantifiable let's drop the bolded part in parenthesis and just talk a comparison of a completely stock configuration (other than the intake).

What are the quantifiable numbers to substantiate these two bullet points comparing the stock factory intake system compared to the replacement of it using your product offering?

In post #9 it appears you're suggesting a 10HP gain on a stock motor? Was that tested/verified, or just speculation?

Then how do you define "better throttle response"?

I am being "pointed" here for a reason. I've tuned several platforms for persons who purchased these aftermarket intake systems from just about every manufacturer you can name, and frankly, in my experience they all produced nothing in terms of increased performance, and, in fact, several end up going backwards. I can prove that in datalogs I have in my library. Then there is "flow turbulence" that is often created when the factory tuned intake is replaced by a speculated design. Here too, I can demonstrate this with data logs I've done.

Most non technical consumers are unaware of all the engineering that factory engineers put into their intake systems. Flow analysis of the intake system is key to stable, expected power output throughout the RPM range. None of the aftermarket companies have the equipment or the expertise to match (or beat) the factory engineering, yet all claim increased performance. For me, it would be far more honest to just claim aesthetics and sound as the benefits - it looks pretty and sounds nice.

Finally, intake mods are the costliest performance mods of any others. In this case, and using the WS advertised price, AND IF the 10 hp claim is actually valid, as a performance mod this costs $125.60 per HP on the sales price and $157/HP on the normal price.

thanks.

Last edited by Acta_Non_Verba; 07-29-2021 at 12:17 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Acta_Non_Verba:
MalibuScott (07-29-2021), MBNRG (07-31-2021)
Old 07-29-2021 | 10:53 AM

2014 E550
lol are these even solid carbon fiber parts? What do you mean by carbon finish??
Old 07-29-2021 | 01:38 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
You can state your opinions on this forum but this is a sponsor thread so the OP can ask to remove unqualified posts. So far I haven't seen anything in his posts that is incorrect or contains false information about the products offered.

So, if you don't like it, don't buy it
The following 2 users liked this post by Wolfman:
BBS63 (07-29-2021), ZAC MOTORSPORT (08-01-2021)
Old 07-29-2021 | 02:05 PM

2014 E550
Wink

Originally Posted by Wolfman
You can state your opinions on this forum but this is a sponsor thread so the OP can ask to remove unqualified posts. So far I haven't seen anything in his posts that is incorrect or contains false information about the products offered.

So, if you don't like it, don't buy it
trust me, I wouldnt put it on my car for free...never mind buy it
Feel free to delete my posts....I think most AMG GT owners are old enough and experienced enough to see through the weeds.
Old 07-29-2021 | 02:10 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
trust me, I wouldnt put it on my car for free...never mind buy it
Feel free to delete my posts....I think most AMG GT owners are old enough and experienced enough to see through the weeds.
Agree that most AMG GT owners are experienced enough to have an opinion without your comments...
The following 2 users liked this post by Wolfman:
BBS63 (07-29-2021), pjdizzle94 (10-10-2021)
Old 07-29-2021 | 06:17 PM

Designo White AMG GTS
No reason to be a dick to the guy. If you dont like his stuff, dont buy it. He's just trying to earn a living like anyone else.

There are plenty of people that go down their local Billy Boy exhaust shop and gut the cats. Can't believe those people are going against what the AMG engineers designed. Or tuning their cars. Or lowering their cars.
ZAC MOTORSPORT (08-01-2021)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Introducing our GT Intake system