Introducing our GT Intake system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2021 | 11:17 PM

2014 E550
Originally Posted by kumizi
No reason to be a dick to the guy. If you dont like his stuff, dont buy it. He's just trying to earn a living like anyone else.

There are plenty of people that go down their local Billy Boy exhaust shop and gut the cats. Can't believe those people are going against what the AMG engineers designed. Or tuning their cars. Or lowering their cars.
Im free to state my opinion on the parts and the company. Tuning by a REPUTABLE company (like Renntech) or LOWERING using a reputable company (often the same companies that supply parts to car manufactures) is not the same thing lol but nice try.
Old 07-31-2021 | 01:01 PM

AMG GTS, Mercedes 6.9, 190SL
I'm new to GTs and this forum. But this is the first forum I've seen where advertiser threads are listed the same place as regular threads. That's probably how this thread ended up so weird. And I'm not saying anything negative about this forum, I pretty much read the whole thing while I'm waiting on this dealer that is taking forever to get my new to me 2017 GTS delivered to me.
Old 07-31-2021 | 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Acta_Non_Verba
Flow analysis of the intake system is key to stable, expected power output throughout the RPM range. None of the aftermarket companies have the equipment or the expertise to match (or beat) the factory engineering, yet all claim increased performance. For me, it would be far more honest to just claim aesthetics and sound as the benefits - it looks pretty and sounds nice.
Agreed. However, we also know that OE engineers often may restrict parts of the Intake to comply with regulations (ie separate Charcoal filters + Air Filters in M156 Airbox for US market, etc), and I do wonder what, if any, restrictions were engineered into the intake of M178.

If only we can flow test intakes from OEM vs ZAC vs Wagner Tuning. WT appears may possibly do extensive flow/thermal testing from YT videos.

Last edited by MBNRG; 08-01-2021 at 01:55 AM.
Old 08-01-2021 | 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bentley Continental GT; AMG GT
Originally Posted by MBNRG
Agreed. However, we also know that OE engineers often may restrict parts of the Intake to comply with regulations (ie separate Charcoal filters + Air Filters in M156 Airbox for US market, etc), and I do wonder what, if any, restrictions were engineered into the intake of M178.

If only we can flow test intakes from OEM vs ZAC vs Wagner Tuning. WT appears may possibly do extensive flow/thermal testing from YT videos.
there are far simpler ways to detune via the EMS than through the intake.

Modern intake designs that I’ve seen in most makes are NOT the gate. If designed well they don’t need to and typically are not the restriction. That’s why most to pretty much all of the aftermarket intakes do little to nothing for performance other than maybe looking pretty.
Old 08-03-2021 | 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 AMG GTC Coupe & 2018 Macan Turbo
Originally Posted by ZAC MOTORSPORT
Hey mate. Dyno results are going to depend on supporting mods and tune. You can expect very little gains in HP on a stock vehicle stock tune (just being honest) and some big claims are made by other manufacturers that say otherwise, but to each their own.
STOCK = Around 10 HP gain only at top end. Are you going to feel 10HP?? even 20? considering the HP and torque of these engines already. And you would be ringing it's neck at top RPM.
HOWEVER! You will notice better throttle response (turbo's spool easier) AND you will no doubt enjoy the sound (seriously, it is amazing)
Add downpipes and a tune. You will see around 20HP top end from the intakes.(Check out our package deals HERE )
What gains are made with larger hybrid turbos such as our SHF800s, or larger frame turbos we are yet to really test

@jn66 @57 GTR no dealings with these guys that we are aware. If they don't like them it sounds like a plus for us anyway. Thanks for the support.
So what you’re selling are noise boxes. Right? No real power without additional mods? For how much? GLWTS.
Old 08-03-2021 | 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 AMG GTC Coupe & 2018 Macan Turbo
Originally Posted by 57 GTR
Do you guys that have commented have any experience with this companies products ?
Yes. Some on the C63/C63S board have a lot of experience with this stuff.