Any Experience with the Vossen "Hybrid Forged"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 04:21 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
Any Experience with the Vossen "Hybrid Forged"

Hey Folks,

I was recently told by an "industry expert" that the Vossen Hybrid Forged series is junk and that I should only consider forged (e.g., HRE, ADV1). Does anyone have any experience or know of any feedback on these? I don't know how you guys do it, but I don't feel like shelling out $10k for some wheels. I might end up convincing myself otherwise (because when do I actually do rational things with my car) ... but until then, just want to do some due diligence.

Appreciate you all!
Old 08-12-2021, 12:24 AM

Received 148 Likes on 115 Posts
2018 Diamond White GT-R
No experience with them but if you are thinking of spending that much money you are correct in wanting to know about the product your buying. Check out the link enclosed from a company I never heard of, called Modulare. They were offered to me on a 2018 GTR I was buying and after doing a little research I found out that they cost around 9.5K.... 2 piece forged and the company makes a nice selection in custom sizes and finishes..Good luck in your search...Kevin

Mercedes-Benz AMG GT-R | Modulare D32 20×10 F, 21×12.5 R | Modulare Wheels
Old 08-12-2021, 11:59 AM
SPONSOR

Received 243 Likes on 189 Posts
www.wheelsboutique.com
Originally Posted by Jorge Siverio
Hey Folks,

I was recently told by an "industry expert" that the Vossen Hybrid Forged series is junk and that I should only consider forged (e.g., HRE, ADV1). Does anyone have any experience or know of any feedback on these? I don't know how you guys do it, but I don't feel like shelling out $10k for some wheels. I might end up convincing myself otherwise (because when do I actually do rational things with my car) ... but until then, just want to do some due diligence.

Appreciate you all!
There's good reason to listen to industry experts on their respective subject matter. It's their job to know everything about the industry. They typically have many years of experience in the field and have first hand knowledge on what wheel brands produce quality wheels and what wheels brads will make you regret your purchase. There's no such thing as a "Hybrid Forged" wheel. A wheel is either cast construction or forged construction. That term was created for marketing purposes. If you search google & google images for the wheel quality of some of the brands you mentioned you'll find evidence of the wheel quality. After that it's up to the consumer to make a final decision.
Old 08-13-2021, 04:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG GTs
Some cheaper forged wheel brands are NES and BC Forged. They are less than 1/2 the price of better know brands. I’ve owned both. Good wheels. Nothing wrong with cast face and forged barrel wheels if that’s what you are budgeting for. I’d never spend over $4,000 on a set of wheels.

Last edited by V1VRV2; 08-13-2021 at 04:04 AM.