Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 AMG GT (Base) - Exhaust Valve Module worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 C63S
2020 AMG GT (Base) - Exhaust Valve Module worth it?

Good morning!

I'm getting ready to purchase the Renntech tune for my 2020 AMG GT (base), but I was curious to know if the EVM (exhaust valve module) from Renntech was worth it? I have noticed my GT is fairly quiet, and I'm not planning to install catless down-pipes, so I'm interested to know if this is the best route to improve the exhaust note. If it's barely a noticeable improvement, I'm afraid it's a waste of $750 - but I assumed this was the best place to ask, haha.

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2021, 12:34 PM

Received 208 Likes on 121 Posts
Winnebago, Yugo
Worth every penny if you are not planning any further exhaust mods. I put the Renntech version on my 2020 PRO. It is perfect IMO. Much louder and yet maintains a nice tone.
The following users liked this post:
Hetzle (10-01-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 437 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by JBV8TT
Good morning!

I'm getting ready to purchase the Renntech tune for my 2020 AMG GT (base), but I was curious to know if the EVM (exhaust valve module) from Renntech was worth it? I have noticed my GT is fairly quiet, and I'm not planning to install catless down-pipes, so I'm interested to know if this is the best route to improve the exhaust note. If it's barely a noticeable improvement, I'm afraid it's a waste of $750 - but I assumed this was the best place to ask, haha.

Thanks!
I'm assuming you have the performance exhaust. If so, then yes the module is nice, but mostly noticeable on startup. That said, if you do want it, it's cheaper to order the module from ASR, which is why renntech buys the module from, rebadges, and charges more for. If you are in NA, you can use a mail forwarding service to get around the shipping restrictions from ASR.
The following users liked this post:
Mark_Herring (10-22-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 02:09 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
2020 AMG GTC, 2021 Macan GTS, 2021 Golf GTI
Definitely worth it for for a 2020 model. It deletes the fake noise played in to the cabin which is much more important and valuable to me then the slight increase in noise. I didn’t go for the tune just the EVM on my 2020 GTC non opf in Canada and it’s pretty loud stock.