GTR Coupe Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTR, G63
GTR Coupe Issue

Hi All,

Have owned my 2019 GTR for a year or so now. Randomly had an issue with full engine throttle loss. Dealer diagnosed it as a high fuel pressure pump issue and they are ordering one. Car has now been at the dealer for 2+ weeks and they’re giving me a timeline of anywhere from 2 more weeks to 6 months. They’re apparently unable to find the part… what can I do? I’ve never had this type of a delay issue before.

thank you for all your help!
Old 02-01-2022, 02:15 PM

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
2020 AMG GT R Pro
Originally Posted by avgtr
Hi All,

Have owned my 2019 GTR for a year or so now. Randomly had an issue with full engine throttle loss. Dealer diagnosed it as a high fuel pressure pump issue and they are ordering one. Car has now been at the dealer for 2+ weeks and they’re giving me a timeline of anywhere from 2 more weeks to 6 months. They’re apparently unable to find the part… what can I do? I’ve never had this type of a delay issue before.

thank you for all your help!
Sorry to hear that. There is a lot of shortage on parts nowadays, I've been waiting for a windshield replacement for almost 2 months now as well.

If it only affects WOT, maybe you could request to get the car back and drive in the interim?
Old 02-01-2022, 02:33 PM

Received 148 Likes on 115 Posts
2018 Diamond White GT-R
I would NOT leave it at the dealer!!!! As long as you can drive it home without any damage take it back and store it at your home until said part comes in.
The following users liked this post:
Surge (02-01-2022)
Old 02-01-2022, 03:15 PM

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
E63, G63, AMG GTR
Thank you for the advice. I'm going to pick it up and keep it with me. SA just said they heard from corporate that a part may be available by end of February or early March.