Black Series recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2022 | 04:00 PM

2021 AMG GT BS 2008 CLK63 BS 2011 AMG SLS
Black Series recall

Apparently something to do with the wiring harness.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/m...es-180827.html
Old 02-07-2022 | 04:17 PM

AMG GT Black Series
All the delivered vehicles are affected, I wonder if this delayed the ones sitting at port and in Germany.
Old 02-08-2022 | 02:37 AM

2018 Diamond White GT-R
Damn LIT you'll be in a rest home by the time you get it.
The following users liked this post:
litumup411 (02-09-2022)
Old 02-08-2022 | 08:20 PM

2021 GTBS...incoming, 2020 G63, 2015 SLSFE...gone
Originally Posted by 57 GTR
Damn LIT you'll be in a rest home by the time you get it.
It looks like I’ll be his neighbor…😳
Old 02-08-2022 | 11:05 PM

2018 Diamond White GT-R
I hope you guys get compensated for the wait for the scaffolding for your cars.
Old 02-09-2022 | 08:33 AM

Thanks Kev, I'll never look at that 3tiered carbon fiber air flow work of art the same way again!

"It looks like I’ll be his neighbor…😳"
V6, hopefully our rest home has additional garage space and valet service!
The following 3 users liked this post by litumup411:
57 GTR (02-09-2022), California John (02-09-2022), Vinyl6 (02-10-2022)
Old 02-09-2022 | 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 57 GTR
I hope you guys get compensated for the wait for the scaffolding for your cars.
These delays and the fact that a number of these cars (including mine) are sitting and deteriorating (any car sitting for 6 months would suffer, flat spots on tires, gas turning bad, etc),
is just one huge embarrassment for MBUSA.
It is unreasonable and out of character, shameful and unprofessional treatment of their best customers, ZERO contact, no communication and showing how little they care about their best and most loyal customers (you really had to be a long standing, multiple AMG car buyer in order to be able to get an allocation at MSRP or close to it).
They successfully managed to alienate their most profitable customers.
Old 02-09-2022 | 03:40 PM

2018 Diamond White GT-R
Originally Posted by absent
These delays and the fact that a number of these cars (including mine) are sitting and deteriorating (any car sitting for 6 months would suffer, flat spots on tires, gas turning bad, etc),
It is unreasonable and out of character, shameful and unprofessional treatment of their best customers, ZERO contact, no communication and showing how little they care about their best and most loyal customers (you really had to be a long standing, multiple AMG car buyer in order to be able to get an allocation at MSRP or close to it).
They successfully managed to alienate their most profitable customers.
They will find more profitable customers waiting to take the place of you, sadly. $$$$$$$$$$$ BS owners who have not received their cars should be badgering your dealerships to escalate your concerns and for compensation!
Old 02-09-2022 | 07:15 PM

AMG GT Black Series
They're actually on a strict storage cycle, they make sure they don't get flat spots, don't drain the battery, etc... You'd be surprised how much Mercedes-Benz actually does to ensure the vehicle is not neglected. The vehicles are also stored away from the rest and locked in different parts of the hub to make sure that no one comes near these vehicles unless needed.

Last edited by BurtReynolds; 02-09-2022 at 07:59 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by BurtReynolds:
daybx (02-13-2022), litumup411 (02-09-2022), thebishman (02-10-2022)
Old 02-09-2022 | 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by BurtReynolds
They're actually on a strict storage cycle, they make sure they don't get flat spots, don't drain the battery, etc... You'd be surprised how much Mercedes-Benz actually does to ensure the vehicle is not neglected. The vehicles are also stored away from the rest and locked in different parts of the hub to make sure that no one comes near these vehicles unless needed.
How nice to find this out, but without your insight, Burt, we would have no idea and visions of our cars sitting outside (none of us are probably going to leave our cars outside overnight), snow-covered (do they even have a fitment for snow tires in BS sizes?), with rotting tires, dead batteries, and chewed wiring harnesses.

Each of us who have a signed agreement should be getting weekly updates and exclusive opportunities (maybe the opportunity to buy an AMG One). These cars are likely the highest-priced cars that some dealers have ever sold, especially those that were sold at 2xMSRP or more.

Do you think MB reads the forum?
The following 3 users liked this post by litumup411:
AMG 17GT (02-10-2022), California John (02-10-2022), Orcbolg (02-09-2022)
Old 02-10-2022 | 03:20 PM

AMG GT Black Series
Originally Posted by litumup411
How nice to find this out, but without your insight, Burt, we would have no idea and visions of our cars sitting outside (none of us are probably going to leave our cars outside overnight), snow-covered (do they even have a fitment for snow tires in BS sizes?), with rotting tires, dead batteries, and chewed wiring harnesses.

Each of us who have a signed agreement should be getting weekly updates and exclusive opportunities (maybe the opportunity to buy an AMG One). These cars are likely the highest-priced cars that some dealers have ever sold, especially those that were sold at 2xMSRP or more.

Do you think MB reads the forum?
I agree with you on communication, they have dropped the ball on that one numerous times. I'm not sure if they read it, but I do and I do communicate with them quite a bit. I did pass on the failure to communicate with buyers in regard to their vehicle/timeframe/location/care. I'm not sure if many people are aware, but Benz is shrinking the company, they've cut staff substantially, this has caused a bit of miscommunication. They're no longer focused on being volume leader, they're going up market and want to be just under Bentley/Rolls.
Old 02-10-2022 | 07:56 PM

2020 GTR
I know this isn't helpful and kind of off topic but bare with me- When COVID hit- the company I work for transitioned fairly seamlessly. I was in London in March of 2020 when they shut the city down - The hotel I was staying in (Nobu) said sorry we are closing doors tomorrow you gotta go. GSOC tried to get me out of there and couldn't find flights so choice was grab AirBnb or private flight back. If you will remember back then it was very weird, no one knew if this was it- as in world ending or just catastrophic or what. The company decided to get me back here on a private flight. I flew out Sunday and by Monday morning my teams around the world were up at home ready to do our business (cyber and threat intelligence and cybercrime investigations) rest of company was up by mid week. We haven't looked back. I know there has been chip shortages and lots of weird stuff but here is something for folks to think about-

I am guessing many of you who are not retired and enjoying life are fairly senior decision makers. We constantly run disaster recovery exercises. We have a giant responsibility to our customers as a global reach financial institution to make sure when they need their money they can get it. If you have the juice at your company no matter what you do if you serve a customer base, produce something make car, etc. at the very least take a step back and figure out what you would do to keep the business going if there was a fire or earthquake, hurricane, pandemic. Plan it, take a moment to practice it and create documentation both hard copies and digital. The added benefit is that I have not had to lay anyone off or reduce pay. In fact, we pay our folks more now than pre pandemic. And best of all I was able to hire some extremely talented people so my team is now 3X what it was in March of 2020. I've even had a chance to bring them from around the world once the country opened up for in person offsite meetings and fun down in Monterey Ca.

Sorry to go way off course here but I think if companies had been planning for some big world event you guys would have the cars you have worked hard to get and things would be better in many areas. Some may say how can you worry about "luxury items" or whatever they would call them but you guys deserve what you paid for and I am a bit surprised that Mercedes didn't seem to have much of a Plan B so to speak.

Drive safe,

John
The following 3 users liked this post by TriggrPullrUSMC:
57 GTR (02-10-2022), litumup411 (02-10-2022), thebishman (02-11-2022)
Old 02-11-2022 | 02:32 AM

AMG GT BS, X7 M50D, Macan GTS, I3; Model 3
(you really had to be a long standing, multiple AMG car buyer in order to be able to get an allocation at MSRP or close to it).
This is actually not true.
i have one (waiting to be delivered) at msrp and this is the first mercedes car i bought.

Last edited by vgarcin; 02-13-2022 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-11-2022 | 03:12 AM

2018 Diamond White GT-R
@ MSRP is great, good for you!