Sponsored by:

GTS WHEELS ON A GTC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 09:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG GTC
GTS WHEELS ON A GTC

First apologies if this subject has been dealt with but after a brief search I couldn't find a thread on this particular issue. I have a GTC and am wanting to get another set of wheels for using on track days with a track focused tyre. After much searching and working to a budget the best option I seem to have found is getting one or the other of 2 sets of what I'm fairly sure are GT/GTS wheels based on photos and the offsets (front 61 rear 68 on one set and front 62 rear 68 on the other). Both sets are 9jx19 front 11jx20 rear. Wheel width and sizes are fine for the tyres I want to use and the large difference in rear offset from standard I can deal wth using spacers but the only concern I have is clearance for the front brake/caliper and rear steering mechanism. This is the problem I've constantly run into looking at reasonably priced after market wheels and it just doesn't make economic sense to pay for forged wheels at the prices I've been quoted. Any advice? Cheers.
Old 06-01-2022, 10:00 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
c class
Welcome to the forum

Last edited by garyharbon; 06-02-2022 at 05:59 AM.
Old 06-01-2022, 10:02 AM

AMG GTC
Thanks mate, good to be here with people who obviously have the same passion for cars and a lot of knowledge about them.
Old 06-01-2022, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Welcome hopefully someone will get an answer for you
Old 06-01-2022, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 764 Likes on 743 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to AMG GT forum...
Old 06-04-2022, 02:33 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by JACKO67
First apologies if this subject has been dealt with but after a brief search I couldn't find a thread on this particular issue. I have a GTC and am wanting to get another set of wheels for using on track days with a track focused tyre. After much searching and working to a budget the best option I seem to have found is getting one or the other of 2 sets of what I'm fairly sure are GT/GTS wheels based on photos and the offsets (front 61 rear 68 on one set and front 62 rear 68 on the other). Both sets are 9jx19 front 11jx20 rear. Wheel width and sizes are fine for the tyres I want to use and the large difference in rear offset from standard I can deal wth using spacers but the only concern I have is clearance for the front brake/caliper and rear steering mechanism. This is the problem I've constantly run into looking at reasonably priced after market wheels and it just doesn't make economic sense to pay for forged wheels at the prices I've been quoted. Any advice? Cheers.

what’s your price range?
Old 06-04-2022, 02:55 PM

AMG GTC
Originally Posted by SheryarYO
what’s your price range?
I wanted to keep the whole project (wheels, tyres, sensors, fitting etc) in the AUD$4K - $4.5K range but it will end up being a couple of hundred dollars more than that but I was being quoted $6k plus just for wheels locally sourced. Ended up getting genuine AMG wheels (at least I’m told they are, will see when they arrive) 2 new, 2 very lightly used imported from Germany for AUD$2.5k.