Sponsored by:

GTR 19 inch wheel for track anyone ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2022, 12:01 PM

Received 148 Likes on 95 Posts
GTR
Originally Posted by dllhg
heard back from Finspeed and they said that 10.25 and 12.25 were the widest that could fit. I had hoped for 10.5 front as that’s the minimum recommended for the 305 wide tire i believe. I ran 305 on 10 inch rim and it was def too narrow. Worked but later i ordered 11 inch which were perfect. Would you please send pic of the 305 tires lunges on rim so we can see how pinched it is ? I can see from above pic they do look a bit pinched. side angle would really be able to tell. I’m sure they are totally safe just not ideal for the feel.

Thanks
Sadly that is the only picture I have of my car with the Pirelli slicks. I was skeptical too because i know you need a little wider wheel for a 305 but i was already at the track that day and I did not have another set of tires so I took a gamble and tried them out. This set up felt the best out of the 3 slicks I've tried.
Old 06-29-2022, 01:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 91 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
Originally Posted by MG1422
Sadly that is the only picture I have of my car with the Pirelli slicks. I was skeptical too because i know you need a little wider wheel for a 305 but i was already at the track that day and I did not have another set of tires so I took a gamble and tried them out. This set up felt the best out of the 3 slicks I've tried.
All good. i can see it’s pinched but not horribly. Just gives you more flex than ideal. at least you got the 10.25 not 10.

Do you have aggressive track alignment ? They said with any significant track alignment the perelli would have rubbed. pretty badly with a wider wheel. seems odd since the tire is still the 305 🤔.
Old 06-29-2022, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

another option is to try the 275 35 19 but then the front is only 1/10th smaller diameter than rear. ECU may not like that. I looked up dimensions of all your slicks and they all have a good stagger front to rear.

If only they’d make the 325 30 20 AR1 We wouldn’t even be having this discussion. Love that tire. CRS comes i that size so there is hope they move it to the AR1 🤞
Old 06-29-2022, 02:13 PM

GTR
All good. i can see it’s pinched but not horribly. Just gives you more flex than ideal. at least you got the 10.25 not 10.

Do you have aggressive track alignment ? They said with any significant track alignment the perelli would have rubbed. pretty badly with a wider wheel. seems odd since the tire is still the 305 🤔.
I went as aggressive as I could with the stock suspension and MB shims -2.7 front -2.5 rear
Old 07-15-2022, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ordered wheels about a week ago. Went with the BC Forged. 4500 out the door. May get a second set so this price point made more sense plus they look amazing. Guaranteed fitment 🤞. going with brushed black. not their dark black. it’s lighter than the Gun metal. if i don’t love the color i’ll paint it the hyper black like i did the factory wheels.

Sure wish Nankang would hurry up and make a 325 AR1 like they do the CRS. Friend is going to try the CRS but i think he will be disappointed as he is very used to the AR1 on a GT3 RS no less.

Last edited by dllhg; 07-16-2022 at 01:58 AM.
Old 11-16-2022, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Finally got wheels and they fit great !! Had to reorder with another company. took three weeks. Car is super dirty and tires aren’t clean but still looks great imo.

The following users liked this post:
thebishman (11-17-2022)
Old 11-18-2022, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 877 Likes on 452 Posts
Bentley Continental GT; AMG GT
Finally got wheels and they fit great !! Had to reorder with another company. took three weeks. Car is super dirty and tires aren’t clean but still looks great imo.

Hi dllhg:

Those wheels are very nice! I don't find many aftermarket wheels at all attractive...these are the exception for me.

These look a whole lot easier to clean/keep clean than my factory wheels.

Best,

Acta
Old 11-18-2022, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Acta_Non_Verba
Hi dllhg:

Those wheels are very nice! I don't find many aftermarket wheels at all attractive...these are the exception for me.

These look a whole lot easier to clean/keep clean than my factory wheels.

Best,

Acta
thanks. def easier to clean. i have had similar design on my last two Corvettes. always liked that type design. classic

Not sure i like the looks more than factory wheels …. close call. needed 19s for my tires so they are perfect 👍
Old 05-03-2023, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My race shop accidentally ordered the wrong tire so it was a Ferrari challenge 305 instead of a 295 front. They had already mounted them on my track wheels and they fit my car so I tired them out and they worked great.

I cant say how any of the slicks compared to ZP or R because I had regular cup 2s and i cant say how they compare the that either because I never tracked with the stock tires. My first day with the car I put on hoosier r7s. To my understanding, at COTA, the hoosier is about 1.5 seconds faster than cup 2 and slicks are about 1.5-2.5 faster than hoosier.

IMHO

Michelin - fastest but have the quickest drop in performance and least longevity
Pirelli - slightly slower than michelin but last alot longer and do not fall off as quick as michelin. these are also the most expensive
Hankook - Cheapest $$ almost half the price of the other two. Slightly slower than pirelli but last the longest and they do not drop off the slowest. Arguably my favorite due to price and performance.

If money was no options i would be in between Pirelli my first choice and hankook second.
Buddy of mine suggested I try the Hankooks. Few questions.

How is the grip on the outlap ? Compared to the other slicks you have run ? Tried 3Rs on my C7 and they were horrible on outlap.

320 rear and 300 front seems to
be only option. Only one compound ? Didn’t see any options on website. Running 325/305 AR1 now.

Starting pressures and what’s your target pressure ?

I assume you don’t drive on them to the track ?

where do you buy them and can you get them heatcycled ?

thanks.
Old 05-04-2023, 03:26 PM

GTR
Buddy of mine suggested I try the Hankooks. Few questions.

How is the grip on the outlap ? Compared to the other slicks you have run ? Tried 3Rs on my C7 and they were horrible on outlap.

320 rear and 300 front seems to
be only option. Only one compound ? Didn’t see any options on website. Running 325/305 AR1 now.

Starting pressures and what’s your target pressure ?

I assume you don’t drive on them to the track ?

where do you buy them and can you get them heatcycled ?

thanks.
Grip on the outlap is not great just like all the other slicks from my experience. brand new I would say you can psu the car by lap 3 but not 10/10 after you get that first heat cycle in you are fine by the middle of the second lap give or take depending on track/driving style.

To my understanding there is only 1 compound that fits our cars on 19s all around.

It has been a while since I have been to the track but I think i start at around 22-23psi and target being 27ish-30.

Correct, I do not drive them on the street. I have my regular wheels and my track wheels that i switch out to on track.

I have no clue where to get the heat cycled i always buy stickers but im sure a reputable race shop can heat cycle them

Old 05-04-2023, 05:09 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
AMG GTR, GT350, Raptor, X6
Here's my suggestion - Continental Extreme Contact Force
https://trackdaytire.com/continentalpreorder/

I have these on my GT350 and they are a great tire. I was even thinking about them as a replace for my Daily Driver tire on the GTR