GTC: Rear spoiler not fully retracting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 09:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GTC
GTC: Rear spoiler not fully retracting

The last two days I have noticed that the rear spoiler on my 2018 GTC convertible did not fully retract after driving the car on the highway. I never manually put the spoiler up with the button.

I also experienced, that if I tried to put the spoiler down with the button on the dash, the red indicator on the button was flashing as if something is wrong. After fiddling with the spoiler and turning the car on and off, I was finally able to retract the spoiler with the button.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a known problem?
Old 06-27-2022, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 880 Likes on 453 Posts
Bentley Continental GT; AMG GT
Hi Moellerandersen,

On the blinking red light, this is normal. Here is the description in the op manual:

Regarding the partial closing, this trouble chart might aid you. See if any of these conditions exist. Again, from the manual:

Regarding the tailgate, if it is in fact physically closed the switch might have failed and is sending a signal it is open, but that should illuminate a dash warning.

Hope this helps,

Acta
Old 06-28-2022, 07:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 543 Likes on 299 Posts
18 AMG GTC and 22 F150 Limited. Past owner 16 Maybach, 17 Brabus Smartcar, 06 Ford E150, and 22 G70
Yes I had the spoiler start sticking. It was a very simple fix. Using a torx bit you simply loosen the bolts for the spoiler and re position it so it no longer sticks. Kind of like positioning a door to fit perfectly.
The following users liked this post:
Acta_Non_Verba (06-28-2022)